Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Make The "perspective" Layout View Optional

fredbred

Please make the "perspective" layout view optional, so that players can decide whether they want perspective layouts or 2D layouts (previous layout) for the mods/foundry etc.screen.

[edit]

If you prefer a non perspective layout, please vote this up so the DE know I am not alone ;-) There might be other changes you want, but I hope if we keep it simple, it would be easier to decide whether you like it or not.

If you like the new style but feel that players with sight disabilities and dyslexia would benefit from an increased legibility of the text in the menu, don't hesitate to give it a thumb as well. 

Off-topic - sorry for double posting this, but I doubt that people will read thousands posts in the U14 Ui Feedback thread before writing the same request again and again.

Thank you.

Edited by fredbred

I see no problem with adding an option like that.

when I bring up my codex and actually bring up an entry, it instantly goes into 2D

Maybe they could make it like that for everything else like Mods, Arsenal, ect

Edited by Sudri

optional!!!!! optional!!!!! optional!!!!! optional!!!!! optional!!!!! optional!!!!! optional!!!!! optional!!!!! optional!!!!! optional!!!!! optional!!!!! optional!!!!! optional!!!!! optional!!!!! optional!!!!! optional!!!!! optional!!!!! optional!!!!! optional!!!!! optional!!!!! optional!!!!! optional!!!!! optional!!!!! optional!!!!! optional!!!!! optional!!!!! optional!!!!! optional!!!!! optional!!!!! optional!!!!! optional!!!!! optional!!!!! optional!!!!! optional!!!!! optional!!!!! optional!!!!! optional!!!!! optional!!!!! optional!!!!! optional!!!!! optional!!!!! optional!!!!! optional!!!!! optional!!!!! optional!!!!! optional!!!!! optional!!!!! optional!!!!!

please

I think it's fine, we just have to get used to it.

The only thing that bothers me is the UI movement. It moves. With the cursor... :'(( I don't like it.

I think it is not, it provides far less visibility and the 3rd person distortions and realestate used up by the frame and the background can actually be used for more productive purposes.

I can't blame the DE for not making it optional for 6 players only :-/

The 6 players that like the new UI?  

The new UI is horrible and not very functional at all.  I know, this horse has been beaten to death, but maybe one day, DE will finally realize how much this has affected some player's gameplay.  With every new hotfix that touches the UI, it just gets worse.  Instead of going back to graphics and a system that works, they just keep putting more lipstick on a pig.

The 6 players that like the new UI?  

The new UI is horrible and not very functional at all.  I know, this horse has been beaten to death, but maybe one day, DE will finally realize how much this has affected some player's gameplay.  With every new hotfix that touches the UI, it just gets worse.  Instead of going back to graphics and a system that works, they just keep putting more lipstick on a pig.

Your opinion mate. https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/273566-july-25th-community-hot-topics/

Anyways, if they want to keep the wiggly screens they need to:

A: move the character out of the way

B. make the tilting less extreme

C. make the menu angle less extreme

An option to disable it seems like the best idea.

There's a 'toggle legacy gamma' button.  I understand this isn't technically equivalent to what's being asked for.  Nonetheless there's an unfortunate aftertaste of "If you don't like the colors, well -- that's priority!  If the UI wobble and slant makes you unwilling or literally unable to play?  HA!"

There's a 'toggle legacy gamma' button.  I understand this isn't technically equivalent to what's being asked for.  Nonetheless there's an unfortunate aftertaste of "If you don't like the colors, well -- that's priority!  If the UI wobble and slant makes you unwilling or literally unable to play?  HA!"

The toggle legacy colors was exactly what was asked for, and Steve apparently went out of his way to do it. No need to make something out of nothing.

That would just take amounts of useless space, warframe file size is already beyond 6GB, why keep it when you can just get used to the new UI, I also complained about it being too hard but now I realize that nothing is hard once you get used to it, please stop with the "make this optional" threads,

That would just take amounts of useless space, warframe file size is already beyond 6GB, why keep it when you can just get used to the new UI, I also complained about it being too hard but now I realize that nothing is hard once you get used to it, please stop with the "make this optional" threads,

Which is quite ironic, because if people would have "just got use to it" for the previous UI....you wouldnt have the current UI that a few people like but is utter garbage when talking about it's functionality.

Which is quite ironic, because if people would have "just got use to it" for the previous UI....you wouldnt have the current UI that a few people like but is utter garbage when talking about it's functionality.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/273566-july-25th-community-hot-topics/

70% of the community likes the UI. I wouldn't say that's "a few people"

You can kind of get an old style menu navigation through the ESC key. That being said, they need to drop the tenno out of the screen for menus so it's easier to see and fix some of the menu fonts. They are pretty low res. Also when playing with the color of warframes and gear, the game should have a color neutral background with even lighting.

Edited by Trajhenkhetlive

• 2 weeks later...

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/273566-july-25th-community-hot-topics/

70% of the community likes the UI. I wouldn't say that's "a few people"

No. 1337 people out of the 1876 that participated in that poll like it.

278 people out of those 1876 don't like it. You know... Might be worth looking into why those 15% out of 1876 dislike it, rather than just dismiss it out of hand.

Also, how many players does this game have? Or more pertinent to this issue, how much fewer after the update?

And honestly, how much effort would it be to change the perspective of the exact same menus (Which we know are displayed in 3D) we have now to be directly in front? I reckon, not all that much.

I believe too that an optional non perspective menu layout could well exist together with the current one without too much trouble for the DE.

DE - in February there were more than 5.5 mil players. If everyone gets stuck 1 second longer in the mods menu it gives a total of 5.5 mil seconds. That is more than 63 days of human life wasted. And my experience says that rather more than 1 second.