Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lately I've Become Short-Tempered With Survival As A Nekros.

DirkDeadeye

Wrong, no one has to play support if they don't want to.  You can get by without a Nekros in Survival and Trinity isn't  requirement either. People that want to leech T4 keys use it to get their foot in the door.  Why should be obvious. A Nekros should be using his gun as a last resort.

Wrong. Have you visited Recruiting channel?

H> T4 SURV 1 SLOT NEKROS

H> T4 DEF NEED NYX

Going in solo on a T4 Key isn't an option for many people, and many of those who want to hook up have to meet the host's Warframe demands for a Valkyr, Frost, Nyx, Loki, Excalibur, Nekros etc. I'm not finding excuses for people being just plain BAD at Nekros (*cough* full power strength Soul Punch), but on the rare occasions I'm not the Nekros in Survivals, I don't blame them for killing stuff every now and then if they do their job. In fact, if there's anything left for them to kill it's probably a sign the team isn't killing fast enough in the first place, which is usually brought about by my main gripe with PUG Survival - people running all over the damn place.

Oh and for those who run SotD in addition to Desecrate- you'd find that they actually have to kill some Ancient Healers, Heavy Gunners and Drones(the ones from the Fusion MOAs) for use later.

Can't be helped. Somewhere in the range of 99% of Warframe players don't have the slightest clue of how Survival works, other than, "Kill for Oxygen".

You're better off just soloing Survival. That way, your own skill is the main deciding factor in how long you can survive (assuming you get past the first 10-15 minutes of low oxygen).

Following the one who's killing the most isn't always effective; I've run into groups while Nekros who were absolutely awful at killing. I realized about 5 mins in that if I just picked up my Boltor Prime I could probably kill twice as fast as all three put together. So I did just that.

Edited by TaintedDream

One again I find it quite lamentable that nekros only useful ability is desecrate.

Yes he got terrify, yes he got shadow of the dead, yes he got soul punch but seriously how much people play Nekros for those skills?

Nekros really need a revamp in my opinion it would be great if his main purpose was to ''roll the dice again''. 

"Don't **** with the supports."

Basic rule of MMOs, multiplayer games, MOBAs, anything with a healer/ support class in it.

Why?

Because supports have enough time to think of ways to screw you over LOADS of time and even more imagination...

Edited by Ziegrif

here is the golden formula:

when ever you play PUGs in warframe take your expectations of the session and reduce that by 40% automatically

reduce it 10% if your playing a support type frame

reduce it another 15% if your playing nekros

reduce it another 10% if more than one of your teammates is using rhino prime/boltor prime

add 15% if any teammates are using power banshee, radial blind excal or fleeting nyx 

add 30% if there is team member using vauban on an infested only mission

Since some contributors in this thread seem to acknowledge that a Nekros is definitely not a necessity in Survivals, but in fact (depending upon the player) a frequent liability, what are your guys' suggestions as to the IDEAL T4 Survival team?

Also, since so many have mentioned life support management and spawn rates, what are your suggestions that have worked for you?

Let's assume you are gearing up for a 40+ Min run.

Edited by (PS4)kcarpe2007

That just proves that people are using it to get their foot in the door.

I think I misinterpreted your 'using it to get their foot in the door' literally like 'being in the door to camp kills' so I apologize for missing that point, which I don't argue. What I'd really appreciate is if people at the very least help the Nekros to help them, instead of pushing all the blame to the gas maker when they're the ones flying all over the place. I'm dead tired of seeing 'invalid target' while running Overextended and Stretch or having to block manually, and the last thing I need is flak from folks expecting me to conjure gas out of thin air. Then again, it'll probably be my fault again for 'not being skilled enough to kill enough mobs and Desecrate them for gas'.

Sigh... sometimes Shadows of the Dead seems like a really tempting replacement for teammates.

Sigh... sometimes Shadows of the Dead seems like a really tempting replacement for teammates.

Least they make better conversation than the players themselves, and hey, when the spell time runs down, they give you stuff.

But in all seriousness, I keep a well balanced Nekros because I can use his skills outside of survival and be just as effective.

Annoying leech osprey? Soul punch.

Team mate down and a little bit crowded? Terrify.

Low health? Desecrate. [More effective than the health care reform. HEYO!]

Needing to even the playing field? Shadows of the dead.

I roll with a sniping type of weapon as my primary, namely the dread so that way I can be selective with my targets. Because who wouldn't be running scared if you see a bunch of heavy gunners running with a tenno? I keep a crowd control type weapon as my secondary just in case things go south during a session. Always good to have a plan B and as for mele? Typically that's a flavor of the day thing but it's always satisfying to send a crewman flying with my Bo.

As far as survival pugs? I typically run around with the guy who can crowd control well and not whine about not getting LS drops. 

PS: Natural Talent and Fleeting Expertise <3

Least they make better conversation than the players themselves, and hey, when the spell time runs down, they give you stuff.

But in all seriousness, I keep a well balanced Nekros because I can use his skills outside of survival and be just as effective.

Annoying leech osprey? Soul punch.

Team mate down and a little bit crowded? Terrify.

Low health? Desecrate. [More effective than the health care reform. HEYO!]

Needing to even the playing field? Shadows of the dead.

I roll with a sniping type of weapon as my primary, namely the dread so that way I can be selective with my targets. Because who wouldn't be running scared if you see a bunch of heavy gunners running with a tenno? I keep a crowd control type weapon as my secondary just in case things go south during a session. Always good to have a plan B and as for mele? Typically that's a flavor of the day thing but it's always satisfying to send a crewman flying with my Bo.

As far as survival pugs? I typically run around with the guy who can crowd control well and not whine about not getting LS drops. 

PS: Natural Talent and Fleeting Expertise <3

Gonna be honest and admit that I Forma'd 2 of my Nekros's scratch polarities away, since I either use Desecrate + Terrify or Desecrate + Shadows only. Soul Punch is just too underwhelming to be worth keeping for me. Rest of the loadout is pretty much dedicated to insurance and Desecrate. 

Gonna be honest and admit that I Forma'd 2 of my Nekros's scratch polarities away, since I either use Desecrate + Terrify or Desecrate + Shadows only. Soul Punch is just too underwhelming to be worth keeping for me. Rest of the loadout is pretty much dedicated to insurance and Desecrate. 

I kept soul punch because I forma'd enough times that having something else other than that scratch polarity doesn't bother me much. Plus Shade doesn't uncloak if I use it so it gives me an excuse to solo some missions.  It just bothers me more when I throw in a max redirection and Vigor and wind up still having 666 for shields. 

Since some contributors in this thread seem to acknowledge that a Nekros is definitely not a necessity in Survivals, but in fact (depending upon the player) a frequent liability, what are your guys' suggestions as to the IDEAL T4 Survival team?

Also, since so many have mentioned life support management and spawn rates, what are your suggestions that have worked for you?

Nekros, Trinity, Mag, Loki/Vauban?

when ever you play PUGs in warframe take your expectations of the session and reduce that by 40% automatically

reduce it another 10% if more than one of your teammates is using rhino prime/boltor prime

add 15% if any teammates are using power banshee, radial blind excal or fleeting nyx 

HELL YEAH FLEETING NYX!  *highfive*

...Yes, I came in here just to say that, sorry.

Add 100% if you are playing as Nova.  Molecular Prime makes everything better.

Nekros, Nyx, Loki, Nova

This thread reeks of the kind of chiding you get from a player who's off on their own, explaining to the rest of his team to "stick together", which is shorthand for "Stay near me because I'm not following you". The idea that you're frustrated enough to make a thread not only here, but other outlets, to let everyone know how frustrated but still perfect and helpful you are is especially odorous. 

I mean, you seem to be literally incapable of not constantly complimenting yourself. Is there a single post where you don't bask in your own glory and extol your virtues for everyone?

Eh, most of the time I have a boltor prime that's better equipped than the rest of the group. And I SOTD when I notice I have a surplus of energy and enough time in the despawn window to cast it. I'm usually #1-2 and manage to pull off 500+ casts. :P

But when people argue with me, or ignore me, I just move on. My time is valuable.

I've met plenty of people willing to listen, and humble themselves when we walked out with 3 dervishes.

I dunno, I've taught people how it works..and made better survival players.

This thread was created expressly so you could stroke your ego.