Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lately I've Become Short-Tempered With Survival As A Nekros.

DirkDeadeye

Maybe you should use a little critical thinking and think for a second I'm generalizing about the frame and stop taking things out of context to pick a fight?

You come into a thread about survival and it is me taking things out of context when you mention a pod? lol

Oh, I figured, it is in case "Tenno, objective has changed, protect the pod" lol

Edited by SeaUrchins

Okay, well..you see. There's a 3-10 second window when corpses hit the ground. Nova makes things tricky cause she stunts the corpse window, as well as people who channel, but I have natural talent, so it's fine. Being a WoW veteran, and DoTA player, windows like that are ingrained into my mind, and muscle memory. I notice opportunities in lapses of corpses (or in non voids, things like butchers (well aird and frontier butchers are an exception) and lancers dropping, no bombards or powerfists for example, and there are enough orbs) and do however notice the terminal, or a squadmate being overrun or the group is doing a poor job slaying. So I raise my rifle..and when that internal timer goes off I make a judgement call, shall I continue, or shall I hit 3 some more? I internalize what mobs are present, what they drop, and prioritize my casts versus dps in non void. And non survival. I do strive to maintain efficiency in slaying and desecration.

It's not rocket science, it's just being an experienced player.

YOU ARE A WARFRAME GOD........when I grow up I want to be as good as you......

Also... a Nekros and a Nova do not really get along so well. :(

look people need to know this I know for a fact nekros and a nova work very well together the bodies nova primed are still there just invisible and stay there for about 15-20 seconds and you are still able to desecrate them

look people need to know this I know for a fact nekros and a nova work very well together the bodies nova primed are still there just invisible and stay there for about 15-20 seconds and you are still able to desecrate them

Taken from the Wiki under "Tips and Tricks" regarding Desecrate:

Casting desecrate multiple times is suggested for desecrating a group of corpses, since the success rate is not 100%.

Cast desecrate whenever possible to detect and desecrate corpses that cannot be seen but have not fully disappeared.

When you are low on energy for spamming desecrate, look at the sparkles on unsuccessfully desecrated corpses to see how many corpses are left available to be desecrated.

Because of the long casting time this ability greatly benefits from Natural Talent.

THIS:

Below are the time spans needed for a corpse to completely disintegrate. Use these for reference:

Grineer and Corpus' corpses will disintegrate in 15 seconds.

Infested corpses will disintegrate in 5 seconds.

******Corpses from enemies affected with Molecular Prime will disintegrate in 3 seconds. *****

This thread is crazy enough without misinformation.

Edited by (PS4)kcarpe2007

I don't wanna sound like people's expectations are too high, but you'd probably figure that some folks find mashing a single button very boring. I can't say I'm one of them since I personally find enjoyment in the monotony of a mundane utilitarian role, but people should consider before bashing a Nekros for using his gun. Some folks actually play this game for what it was advertised to be, a third person shooter where you play as a ninja wizard in space. That aside, one of the main reasons I always volunteer for the Nekros role is because I don't trust PUG folks to do it. Seen too many cases where some dolt would use one Desecrate roughly every 10 seconds, or realizing 15 minutes in that he's using Narrow Minded to complement his SotD build.

If you don't want to play support then why are you playing a support frame? If you want to have a glory hound CoD-muh kill ratio mentality then play a frame built for that.  Stop using Nekros as a way to get your foot in the door them complaining when people expect you to fulfill your intended function. You wouldn't try to use a white mage as a tank.

Here the solution.

-Remove Desecrate 

-Increase the drops

-Create a new skill to remplace desecrate

-Profit?

Seriously I find it quite ridiculous that desecrate is actually ingame when increasing the drop rates of items and O2 would fix everything

(Except for the people who QQ for no reason because. yeah..)

@kcarpe2007 

No one need nova to get past 20m.

Edited by Alphafox

Here the solution.

-Remove Desecrate 

-Increase the drops

-Create a new skill to remplace desecrate

-Profit?

Seriously I find it quite ridiculous that desecrate is actually ingame when increasing the drop rates of items and O2 would fix everything

(Except for the people who QQ for no reason because. yeah..)

@kcarpe2007 

Noooooooooo. Desecrate is my favorite power in the game, don't take it away. Coincidentally, Nekros is my favorite frame in this game. He's like Jesus, he makes stuff out of nothing. How is that not the most awesome thing ever?

My other frames should build a shrine for my Nekros to thank him for enabling them to use all the stuff they have.

And that's only from one single power, not to mention the glorious Terrify when I have to revive rambo Rhinos and Novas, the army of shadows to protect the pod when "masterrace" frames cloak and run away like *@##$es, dat Soul Punch preventing that disruptor from sucking away energy.

Yup, Nekros clearly is the worst frame out there...

Edited by Leland_Gaunt

Noooooooooo. Desecrate is my favorite power in the game, don't take it away. Coincidentally, Nekros is my favorite frame in this game. He's like Jesus, he makes stuff out of nothing. How is that not the most awesome thing ever?

My other frames should build a shrine for my Nekros to thank him for enabling them to use all the stuff they have.

And that's only from one single power, not to mention the glorious Terrify when I have to revive rambo Rhinos and Novas, the army of shadows to protect the pod when "masterrace" frames cloak and run away like *@##$es, dat Soul Punch preventing that disruptor from sucking away energy.

Yup, Nekros clearly is the worst frame out there...

Let's be honest here. Nekros is used for one and only skill. Desecrate. Personally I the other skills are fine(I barely play with Nekros)

Right now Nekros is pretty much a slot machine with feet.

honestly if terrify got increase to its range, got a duration time, and could effect an unlimited amount of enemies nekros would be so much more useful in survival

I think its current range is fine, just needs to affect more enemies or all enemies in range. The armor reduction is really nice, too--it's not as noticeable as, say, Molecular Prime but I'm usually able to see the effects (of course, I wouldn't complain if Terrify's armor reduction got stronger juuuust a little bit). With some modding it's a great CC skill and a panic button.

Let's be honest here. Nekros is used for one and only skill. Desecrate. Personally I the other skills are fine(I barely play with Nekros)

Right now Nekros is pretty much a slot machine with feet.

Well, that is more the fault of the player playing the frame that the frame's fault itself. Like Lokis who just press 2, Novas who just press 4, Rhinos who just press 2 + 4, etc. pp.

Any frame is viable in any situation if the player controlling it knows what they are doing. It's stupid to have frames reduced to only one or two powers. And that goes for every frame, not just for Nekros in this particular case. Players should dare to branch out a little more and not just stick to their Boltor/Iron Skin/Stomp-loadouts (or any widely regarded as only viable loadout template for any frame).

It's not the really the frame's fault so much for being made a one-trick-pony as it is the players' fault.

Edited by Leland_Gaunt

@kcarpe2007

Please don't read more into what I said. First, I said "past 20 min", meaning AFTER, not "to get past 20 min"' meaning "up until". Second I said "helping to carry you past 20 min", not "the only one on the team responsible for doing that".

The person who's post I was addressing was using expletives for Novas who "prime too much". Most players who don't obsess over getting the most kills value a Nova's contribution in late survival.

Again, the language barrier.

Well, that is more the fault of the player playing the frame that the frame's fault itself. Like Lokis who just press 2, Novas who just press 4, Rhinos who just press 2 + 4, etc. pp.

Any frame is viable in any situation if the player controlling it knows what they are doing. It's stupid to have frames reduced to only one or two powers. And that goes for every frame, not just for Nekros in this particular case. Players should dare to branch out a little more and not just stick to their Boltor/Iron Skin/Stomp-loadouts (or any widely regarded as only viable loadout template for any frame).

It's not the really the frame's fault so much for being made a one-trick-pony as it is the players' fault.

Dare I say the fault of game design? Or a poor sense of cooperative play?

To say that every frame or weapon is viable in any situation is ludicrous. Sure, low to mid level gameplay, why not? Bring your bestest frame and coolest looking weapon; it'll do.

The way this game is designed for better or for worse is that end game content pigeon-holes or limits what is viable for efficient, open-ended success. This dynamic or proportional principle is only exacerbated by the fact that cohesion among players is rare. In a perfect world, where each player set aside his ego and "Imma do it my way" mentality, I believe this unfortunate curve would diminish drastically. More teamwork facilitates less of a need to rely solely on the highest DPS or popular ability. It also means more experimentation conducted and creativity expressed outside of what has been imposed or forced upon players to be viable by these two factors.

Dare I say the fault of game design? Or a poor sense of cooperative play?

To say that every frame or weapon is viable in any situation is ludicrous. Sure, low to mid level gameplay, why not? Bring your bestest frame and coolest looking weapon; it'll do.

The way this game is designed for better or for worse is that end game content pigeon-holes or limits what is viable or what is not. This dynamic or proportional principle is only exacerbated by the fact that cohesion among players is rare. In a perfect world, where each player set aside his ego and "Imma do it my way" mentality, I believe this unfortunate curve would diminish drastically. More teamwork facilitates less of a need to rely solely on the highest DPS or popular ability. It also means more experimentation conducted and creativity expressed outside of what has been imposed or forced upon players to be viable by these two factors.

I dunno, I think exceptional players, and I don't mean to brag, anyone who has played Rogue, Warlock, Priest, Paladin, Warrior (I filled gaps in the roster.. :/) in WoW in a hardcore setting, or anything else comparable can use his or her skills to the fullest. There's a faux mindset behind the usability with frames, because people think in grand terms of hour long survival runs. When in reality that's hardly the case for most of the playerbase, and most instances.

And  Nova is no exception, I just place my M Primes intelligently, use wormholes as escape routes, and to get through the map faster, antimatter drop as a means to detonate large high level primed packs..

I mean, people laugh at me when they suggest I run a loki in long term survial, or defense. I can render the entire map into bob barker mode (the baton things..prova? I like calling it that) Basically rendering any faction into infested. And I can go invisible, with a high damage melee weapon and do some serious damage, revive people, and scamper off to hit life support.

As and Ash, I have some of that same utility, except I can dps down trash around heavy units, hit 4, and dedicate all my bladestorm damage on that one target. Not horribly useful, but played right not useless either.

People don't think outside the box, they just accept what the minmaxing long, long, long run tryhards have deemed the status quo for what is deemed useful.

People think Rhino is only good for Iron skin, try an efficiency build with two points in blind rage, and keep your team on Roar at all times. Stomp just to give everyone a quick break. If you have a valkyr and a loki on board, slap a steel charge on. :/

Edited by DirkDeadeye

As a Warframe addict for over a year, I have to say that while I dislike bad players as much as the next, people that intentionally F*** you over, or think their way of doing things is the only way, are the ones that truly frustrate me.  Intentionally dropping out of a mission?  To me that's much worse than your separation anxiety.

I dunno, I think exceptional players, and I don't mean to brag, anyone who has played Rogue, Warlock, Priest, Paladin, Warrior (I filled gaps in the roster.. :/) in WoW in a hardcore setting, or anything else comparable can use his or her skills to the fullest. There's a faux mindset behind the usability with frames, because people think in grand terms of hour long survival runs. When in reality that's hardly the case for most of the playerbase, and most instances.

And Nova is no exception, I just place my M Primes intelligently, use wormholes as escape routes, and to get through the map faster, antimatter drop as a means to detonate large high level primed packs..

I mean, people laugh at me when they suggest I run a loki in long term survial, or defense. I can render the entire map into bob barker mode (the baton things..prova? I like calling it that) Basically rendering any faction into infested. And I can go invisible, with a high damage melee weapon and do some serious damage, revive people, and scamper off to hit life support.

As and Ash, I have some of that same utility, except I can dps down trash around heavy units, hit 4, and dedicate all my bladestorm damage on that one target. Not horribly useful, but played right not useless either.

People don't think outside the box, they just accept what the minmaxing long, long, long run tryhards have deemed the status quo for what is deemed useful.

People think Rhino is only good for Iron skin, try an efficiency build with two points in blind rage, and keep your team on Roar at all times. Stomp just to give everyone a quick break. If you have a valkyr and a loki on board, slap a steel charge on. :/

I completely agree that the more experienced the player, the more he is able to utilize every tool at his disposal to gain efficacy in a mission. I must say however, (as per my statement regarding low-mid level gameplay) that this utility is more obviously seen or accomplished by a broader scope of weapons and warframes BEFORE higher levels or longer missions are reached.

People will logically resort to referencing high-level playing, long survivals, or long defenses and what is "viable" for these type missions because this has been, IMO, by game design and poor team cooperation, forced on us to measure all things.

Clever ways to kill bosses require strategy. Strategy is birthed from creativity and as you said, "thinking outside the box". Yet how many bosses require strategic thinking in this game or facilitate team cooperation in this game? No, the norm is "he who possesses the highest DPS and specific warframe ability to stun and destroy this boss is viable". No puzzles to solve or weaknesses to unlock through teamwork. Just point and shoot or press your best.

One thing I want to address is your use of the word "useless". Hopefully my thoughts on this whole thread haven't lent themselves toward black-and-white thinking on my part. Nothing in and of itself is intrinsically "useless". What I am trying to explore is what items at our disposal, given our game design and lack of cohesive gameplay, are the most "useful". Not a semantic wrangling, but given the context of this thread, a very legitimate issue.

It isn't a simple thing to discuss. Given all the unique dynamics that game design and human interaction bring to the table it's a wonder that any points made will be accepted or agreed upon.

I'm sorry. I forma'd my nekros 4 times. I make sure to get the most out of any engagement we're in, some-most times I'm the reason, or the nekros of the group is the reason why people get a rare stance, or w/e.

When people spread out, I remind them the mechanics of survival. Nicely. If they don't want to listen, I leave. Lately I've been getting a lot of angry PM's. Got called a '$#*(@' today, and was told I was the reason why my parents got a divorce. (actually it was because my dad was a cokehead wifebeater..but thanks.)

Let it be known, it's not fun chasing a bunch of idiots around trying to desecrate. It's also not fun knowing you cannot go the distance based on Lotuses air supply drops alone.

But maybe I'm just being a jerk. I don't know.

there is only 1 thing i can give you as advise on the way, 

Its the internet dont take things personal and if something gets out of the tollerence report it.

and you can laeve if you which on a mission when ever you want there is no punish or anything at all and if ppl headless chickens and dont get a easy tactic they dont deserve even a anwser why you left i love to watch those group till they die and solo the thing then and walk out with my drops

and edit about the QQ thign between ps4 and pc good danm it you know go on sony forum or somewhere else to baatle your P*** length between pc`s and consoles.

its able to do with nekros to do a t4 past 40min

take a boltor prime a merlock nekros on a natrual talent build with terrify shadows of dead descarate and a shade good to go and look very care ful your &#! thats all.

hard thing but do able.

but stop insulting each other only thing you all have of it a forum mod comes beat you to the ground both angry and finally a forum bann and the result is no one is right.

Edited by HackShield

If you don't want to play support then why are you playing a support frame? If you want to have a glory hound CoD-muh kill ratio mentality then play a frame built for that.  Stop using Nekros as a way to get your foot in the door them complaining when people expect you to fulfill your intended function. You wouldn't try to use a white mage as a tank.

Why do people play support even though they don't want to? Because someone's got to do it. I don't know who is using Nekros to 'get their foot in the door' or why they would do that, but you'd probably figure that 'wanting to use your gun' doesn't mean 'wanting to get highest damage dealt'. You sound like you're seething from experiencing a T4 with a Nekros who turned out to be running a Blind Rage + Narrow Minded SotD build.

If any of that was directed at me specifically, that would be cute, seeing as I happily conjure O2 farts and block more than I actually shoot. I start complaining when I find myself having to stop Desecrating to shoot because no one's getting that damn Leech Heavy Gunner off my capsule-picking posterior.

Why do people play support even though they don't want to? Because someone's got to do it. I don't know who is using Nekros to 'get their foot in the door' or why they would do that, but you'd probably figure that 'wanting to use your gun' doesn't mean 'wanting to get highest damage dealt'.

Wrong, no one has to play support if they don't want to.  You can get by without a Nekros in Survival and Trinity isn't  requirement either. People that want to leech T4 keys use it to get their foot in the door.  Why should be obvious. A Nekros should be using his gun as a last resort.