Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's Your Biggest Pet Peeve In Warframe?

Dresden_

Dark sectors. I get that there are a number of players that want to fight each other or compete against each other but I dislike any kind of game mechanic that allows those players to effect my purely PVE experience. Not only that but you have some players who are dilibretely trying to annoy other players. Ego's are out of control and will stay out of control till the system see's major change

Perhaps the worst part of all this is DE allowed PVP in an entirely PVE focused games with warframes that can become invincible, permanently disable other players,, and do other nonsense that should never be allowed in PVP. Ultimately this will ruin my experience in PVE because no game can seem to seperate the PVP from PVE enough that balance changes will only effect PVP.

When I'm nekros in a T4S and every one just splits in different directions

*sigh* Time to start chasing one of them.... 

Mine is when the Nekros puts on his door hero hat and leaves to farm that one spot and leaves the rest of us with the scraps. And there were a lot of scraps. Such a waste...

This has gotten worse since Corpus Jammers have kicked in.

4.Whenever stealth becomes an option and everyone suddenly turns ninga(including myself)but theres that one person who doesnt follow,and goes in guns blazing.

Also this, but sometimes it's my freaken Carrier that does it. "Oh your mid stabbing that guy in the back boss? I'll just fire off a round or two into his back for ya... Hey why is all these sirens going off?"

Finally: Dark Sector contesting in general. When our Alliance had to defend one of our rails I learned how horrible it was... So many Storms, So much Invulnerabilities... This game does not handle PvP to well at all...

(Plus all those clans that think 30%+ taxes are going to fly)

Pretty much in descending order:

1) Crappy netcode / bad connections / Account server going 'Whoops, can't save your lucky drops right now!'

2) Hallway Heroes, because the game doesn't teach players how the XP system actually works.

3) The whole Stalker System requiring you to always bring weapons twice as powerful as the mission requires, turning any mission into a cakewalk.

4) the random Kubrow breeding system, and I'm pretty sure that is here to stay at least for a few months until DE admits its a failure and 2.0's it.

5) Hosts asking for a Mastery rank above 6. High Mastery means nothing. Even Conclave means nothing.*

6) Hosts 'needing' a specific Frame / weapon. You don't need specific layouts, there are so many ways to clear each mission.*

7) People that try to be funny by displacing you repeatedly with their Vaubans, Valkyrs or Lokis and the like, or crouch between your frame's legs. Yawn.

*Doesn't annoy me too much though. They're free to demand what they want if they sponsor the key, reasonable or not.

*I would accept 'don't be useless, I can't carry you' instead of 'needs MR 16 and this or that frame / weapon'

Lotus's comments.

There is Captain Obvious. Somewhere higher up in the hierarchy, There's gotta bea General Obvious, and THEN; there is Lotus!

Tenno, wallrunning will allow you to run up walls.

Tenno. Did you know heavy Grineer units use heavy weapons, Tenno?

Tenno. Hey. Hey, Tenno. You're a space ninja. Hehehehehe (Peter Griffin laugh).

Tenno.

Prepare for life support.

Prepare for life support, Tenno.

Edited by Dualice

Tenno, wallrunning will allow you to run up walls.

Tenno. Did you know heavy Grineer units use heavy weapons, Tenno?

Tenno. Hey. Hey, Tenno. You're a space ninja. Hehehehehe (Peter Griffin laugh).

Tenno.

Prepare for life support.

Prepare for life support, Tenno.

Remind you of someone?

tUSYhgs.png

I'm getting tired of seeing players MR1-2 with Prime gear...I thought that was late game? Well, to be fair, they're usually MR3-4. I thought the Void meant something, a challenge. Seems that it isn't anymore. I also get annoyed when people hate a Warframe and/or weapon, either they don't know how to adapt to the play style or are too biased.

EDIT: People not going for life support in Survival, tired of being the only one doing it EVER. 

I've been umm.. lectured? (can't think of the right word) to about this before. I don't "hate" certain frames, but I do believe there are frames that simply outclass others. Be it in particular areas, or just overall. What I received flak for was saying I didn't care for Excalibur and thought it was a weak frame. As far as outclassing goes, I believe the same even more so for weapons.

But anyway, the point I'm trying to make is not everyone who dislikes/hates certain frames doesn't mean they can't use it, and having opinions or preferences shouldn't be confused with being biased. I'm not trying to imply you do that or anything of the sort, I'm just kind of rambling and hoping everyone understands what I'm saying. Because the person who went off on me didn't seem to understand I was simply expressing my opinions/thoughts on particular frames.

*looks up at his own wall of text* I must be tired, talking about this crap on a forum...

Besides from some things people do, the 3 hour wait for my kubrow to wake up is annoying any wait for it wake up would be annoying. I just want to get out my kubrow and play right away not wait three hours for it to wake "naturaly". I'll do a drive by of the sun then yell at my kubrow "You awake yet! Is this enough natural light to wake you!".

Edited by Postal_pat

Besides from some things people do, the 3 hour wait for my kubrow to wake up is annoying any wait for it wake up would be annoying. I just want to get out my kubrow and play right away not wait three hours for it to wake "naturaly". I'll do a drive by of the sun then yell at my kubrow "You awake yet! Is this enough natural light to wake you!".

I'll admit I've used Nekros' idle animation to try and wake mine up a few times. Caught myself yelling "BY ALL THAT IS DARK AND STUFF I COMMAND YOU TO ARISE AND GO ON A MISSION WITH ME!" unfortunately my mic was open with teamspeak.

So now a running gag with my teammates is "NEKROS GROWS IMPATIENT!" Whenever someone talks about how long it takes for something to build. >.>;

Also #1 pet peeve is lag doors.

Edited by ToyoCoyote

The players, I refuse to even open my games to public. has been like that since closed beta. The odd time I don't I get solid confirmation that everyone that play public is either handicapped or has the mental age of a 12 year old going "MUH NINJUHS XDD"

But I will occasionally open up my game when soloing Alad V for mats, biggest kick in the teeth right now as a new player to fight something that outright oneshots you.

For the most part, I'm a pretty open minded and tolerant person when it comes to other players.  I'll happily instruct players who just don't seem to know better.  I'll answer any question I know the answer to.  I'll wait patiently at the end of the level while another player opens crates or lockers...  But there's one thing I just cannot stand...  I'm not sure who I should be more mad at, DE for the $&*&*#(%& mission starting mechanics or the player who knowingly subjects the rest of his party to this...

I'm talking about:

After a minute of waiting and still seeing this:

jqbsfoB.jpg

Press your hotkey for Map and have fun running around in the little maze that pops up. also i wonder sometimes if this is someone with the wrong region selected in options, or if that even matters.

My pet peeve about warframe is seeing Below Mastery Rank 8 people in my group on sechura and other high level missions

sometimes people need better xp or resource drops.

No problems with people.

......Except those bounce Vaubans.

like when they throw bounce on bleeding out team mates

or like when they fill a pipe that you gotta run through, with bounce pads

or like, when theres a huge open room and they toss down bounce and vortex and copter into it flying away only to leave you standing there with your serro or jat kittag

People getting mad at people for not beeing absolutely efficient in Starmap stuff.

Every single one of my favorite Frames/Weapons has been slammed.

Excalibur Prime->Awesome Occulus thing,

Oberon->Deers are cool,

Orthos(Prime) and Paris(Prime) love them to bits, if I wanted to go shooting stuff up with an Auto-rifle or Shotgun, i could play CoD or something like that....

I'm playing to have fun and I go to maximal T2 so what is your problem?

People complaining about Radial Jevelin in low level missions/defences, I know it's not viable in late-game, but guess what, up to say Saturn and wave 20 it still insta-kills everything around.

People who are low level/skill enter Cassini and flee to the exit after 5 min.

If you aren't strong enough for higher waves but other people are, stay close to them, I have no problem reviving you again and again, but I won't run to the exit to do so, you're not save there and most people stay at least till wave 15-20.

Low Orokin Cell Drop-rates :D

This thread is too tempting. A free pass to vent? To people who may or may not listen? I'm... I'm... gonna... I'm gonna do it.

My top 5, in ascending order:
5. Players of any rank who don't do their homework when clearly they need to, and don't listen to experienced and well-meaning players when clearly they should.

If you're going down every time General Sargas Ruk stamps his foot and wondering why your weapons aren't damaging him, it's because only physical barriers block his fire wave attacks, and after each one, he exposes a weak spot for you to shoot at. Why does the person in charge not go for the life support module until 50-60%? Because they restore 30%, and people are still killing and picking up capsules, which are wasted if they exceed 100%.
I'm perfectly okay with answering these questions because I see the value of mentoring. I'm fine with helping people who try to help themselves first, because I encourage initiative and independence. But when I see them make the same mistakes over and over without listening, I'm left feeling a little put out. I don't talk for the sake of making conversation unless I'm fooling around in Oceania or clan/alliance chat, and while I understand people who want to try things out, please don't disrespect my advice so blatantly.

4. Players who enforce the exclusive shoehorning of specific builds for equipment onto impressionable players.

I don't subscribe to the school of thought that there is 'one perfect build' for 'one perfect weapon'. While I admit the current mod system tends to make it harder to argue against that point and easier to argue for it, having people overemphasize the importance of rote memory of one build to newer players while dismissing other opinions, and telling them that 'this is the one true way to build your weapon/Warframe' is more a symptom of their own narrow-mindedness and sheep instinct than the mod system as it is.
I feel that there are enough options out there such that a Supra built for corrosive can be arguably as effective against light Grineer as a crit-built Soma. I'm fine with recommending essential mods such as Serration, but when it comes to people preaching a certain build above all else and dismissing arguments to the contrary without application of logic or anecdotal evidence, I feel it's overstepping the line of good advice and into the realm of near-indoctrination.

3. The broken progression system, and by extension, MR2-4s with endgame prime gear who think that they've reached the epitome of awesome.

Okay. You're cool. You've just received a spazzy new Boltor Prime and are wrecking the Corpus crybabies on Mars. You're ready to complete the Tenno takeover of the Solar System and... wait, is that a T4S?
No. That's not. Mistakenly equating plat to endgame gears to endgame skill level is a huge error in judgement. I see too many MR2-4 players with (or even without!) what's supposed to be endgame equipment hopping onto endgame missions. Most of the time, I have to follow them around in a non-prime Warframe and weapons reviving them or telling them how things work. I said earlier that I'm fine with answering questions and helping people out, but I have little sympathy for people who choose to cheat themselves out of the experience of progression, trade their money for endgame equipment, and expect an incomplete skillbase to be compensated by their new digs in endgame content they haven't practiced for and know they shouldn't be in. I try to be civil, but the idea makes me feel sad. Really sad. They can't claim anything but their own unwillingness to enjoy a key aspect of the game.
The worst part is that at no point does the game itself try to make equipment proportional to progression. The Mastery Rank system, while a good idea in theory, is horribly out of date with the weapons allowed to most ranks, and there is little to no impetus in early game to learn core mechanics while in missions, with much of the focus for these formative players (I find) being put into gearing and modding by both the community and the lack of depth the tutorial offers. I feel that I can't honestly blame these new players for this situation, as degrading to the whole endgame stage as it is. Call it elitism if you want to see it that way, but for me, endgame is for endgame players. Not new players with an overabundance of plat and an overestimation of their abilities.

2. RNG in lieu of genuinely fulfilling endgame content.

Oh my god. I have totally said this more times than I can remember, because its true. RNG provides a cheap, easy way of keeping players coming back to the Void, to Apollodorus, and to the transmutation page. I understand completely how utilizing randomization in some way is inherently necessary to retain an element of replayability for endgame players. But... it's not genuinely engaging though, in it's current form. Does it add something new that we can look forward to? No. Weapons which are 'better' versions of older ones are really just the same as far as gameplay is concerned. Nothing new is implemented, just an extension of the old, perpetuated by grindwalls and overreliance on RNG. It makes for a particularly dull endgame where the only goals are arbitrarily set, such as 'survive for 40 minutes on T4S' or 'complete the Glaive Prime set'.
Instead of new content to keep players engaged, the endgame simply has a narrow range of items people collect without valuing, and to keep them entertained (read: busy), speaking generally, these items are wholly dependent on RNG rewards, completely disproportionate to the skill required to obtain them. This lowers their inherent value to something more akin to a badge of honor rather than something meant to be a fulfilling reward for effort and dedication, at least the way I see it. And then there's the issue of reward scaling, especially on missions like T3D, where at times, it's like 'take your Mag Prime Blueprint, loser, before you and your party wipe in the next 5 waves'. But I think I've made my point on RNG defining a poorly-designed endgame phase.

1. People who think being obnoxious and disrespectful is okay because the Internet provides a veil of anonymity.

I try to keep my interactions ingame and on these forums as courteous and polite as possible. Growing up in a strict family with little in the way of knowing how to form relationships, I learned from my parents that 'a handshake only costs you a few seconds of your time, but it could save your life one day'. While obviously an idiom exaggerating the importance of respect, it's very valid and helps in any situation where humans capable of understanding each other are concerned. What saddens me is the number of people who forget this, and get sloppy with their manners over the Internet. Sure, we don't know them, nor can we find out about them to an arbitrary degree of accuracy, but when people act horrible to others for whatever reason, and have the audacity to believe that they're untouchable, then they've already lost in the eyes of the people who matter. The Internet is just another place full of people more or less as smart as everyone else, with feelings just like everyone else. Dealing with people who ignore this is probably my greatest pet peeve in a game supposedly for mature players only.

Edit: many spelling and autocorrect mistakes. I'm gonna look back on this when it's not past my bedtime and feel embarrassed.

I'll admit I've used Nekros' idle animation to try and wake mine up a few times. Caught myself yelling "BY ALL THAT IS DARK AND STUFF I COMMAND YOU TO ARISE AND GO ON A MISSION WITH ME!" unfortunately my mic was open with teamspeak.

So now a running gag with my teammates is "NEKROS GROWS IMPATIENT!" Whenever someone talks about how long it takes for something to build. >.>;

This is awesome.

Edited by Vastaren

People who use their fourth power as soon as the survival or defense game begins.

Rushers

Campers

Phage

People that don't play as a team and just try to get the most kills.

Joining a game and everyone is using the same frame.

The fakers at the end of defense rounds. This is very childish.

Edited by (PS4)Cycl0ne200713