Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenno Are Alive?

DarkLordX2

If anything I'd probably guess hydraulic limbs and traditional motors, looking at the legs of a MOA.

*shrug* Could also be myomer pseudo-muscles, F***ING MAGNETS in some form or something even more gratuitously high-tech, or why not some combination. Not really important for the main point anyway.

No it isn't, it's going off the only reliable information we have rather than basing it off subjective assumption like you always do (without any evidence to support any of your ideas either).

Tenno breathe and bleed. We see their frozen breathe in cold environments, and they take bleeding damage and suffer from a bleeding out mechanic. This directly points to an organic body unless you're blind. Then there's the Excalibur Proto Skin and Hayden Tenno, which both had organic tissue and have infested flesh.

Also, Fea, if you are a non-native english speaker, I advise you get a better translator or use the international forums for easier communication. Although this comes into doubt with your more recent post and spamming exclamation marks, in which case please stop raping the English language. Spamming exclamation marks does little more than make you look illiterate.

The warframe are part biologic.

You could actually be seeing the Warframe bleed and breathe.

no offense but the codex already has the whole story, all you have to do is read all the current lore from mag, excalibur, ember and it pretty much tells you they were soldiers who were sent to the void and twisted into beings who were mutated.

Anyone's guess if they actually need to consume nutrients or just live off some kind of Void energy or whatever instead, but they most assuredly breathe. Do more Survival missions so you know better than to make such obviously false claims.

See Dark Sector conflict in space, then come again. 

no offense but the codex already has the whole story, all you have to do is read all the current lore from mag, excalibur, ember and it pretty much tells you they were children who were sent to the void and twisted into beings who were mutated.

Fixed that for you, the only soldier in Ember's lore is Kaleen.

See Dark Sector conflict in space, then come again. 

While you're right for the Dark Sector space conflicts, Viri is ALSO COMPLETELY right with Survival missions. If I had to speculate a solution to the contradiction: the outsides of the Solar Rails are designed to allow lifeforms access to the outside - given the constant repairs needed, as well as potential defensive measures - via some localized life support system (potentially via an energy field creating a self-localized 'atmosphere' of sorts).

While you're right for the Dark Sector space conflicts, Viri is ALSO COMPLETELY right with Survival missions. If I had to speculate a solution to the contradiction: the outsides of the Solar Rails are designed to allow lifeforms access to the outside - given the constant repairs needed, as well as potential defensive measures - via some localized life support system (potentially via an energy field creating a self-localized 'atmosphere' of sorts).

That does not seem likely, given the lowered gravity and such, then normal gravity in the rooms. 

I think it is more of a gameplay mechanic just to get players leaving for Survival. 

Fixed that for you, the only soldier in Ember's lore is Kaleen.

how would you know if they were all children? it only said in ember's story they found 1 ship containing fire children. They could have been sent there as adults even, or the children could have been sent FROM the void to help them escape? the mysterious lady in embers story said she didn't send the children there, it would be against protocol. In any case in excaliburs story it says they turned to the void, and took the few who returned twisted.

They were in a war, so i assume they sent soldiers. Plus what logic is it to send children on a ship, are they supposed to pilot it themselves then?furthermore where would they get the children- if in mag's story it states that the tenno were known to be myths. People would notice their children missing and bring in questions, especially Kaleen.

Edited by jennibear

That does not seem likely, given the lowered gravity and such, then normal gravity in the rooms. 

I think it is more of a gameplay mechanic just to get players leaving for Survival. 

Emmmm, potentially, but I don't think so. Especially with the advent of the spores being mentioned in Infested survival, it seems to be suggesting that the Warframes, while good at keeping life support in (i.e. while running to extraction on 0% life), they're not PERFECT at it.

Alternative theory, then: it's not so much an environment being created by the Rail as it is the Warframe's own shields (a way to keep the WF's life support systems from being sucked out by the vacuum of space) or just basic life support system being altered in a way by such proximity to the Rail (and whatever powers that be that allow them to function) that makes the harshness of space's vacuum no match for Tenno life support, but at the same time cannot strengthen them enough to protect them from direct-damage (i.e. bullets)

Think: Wireless Battery (ala Nikola Tesla)

how would you know if they were all children? it only said in ember's story they found 1 ship containing fire children. They could have been sent there as adults even, or the children could have been sent FROM the void to help them escape? the mysterious lady in embers story said she didn't send the children there, it would be against protocol. In any case in excaliburs story it says they turned to the void, and took the few who returned twisted.

They were in a war, so i assume they sent soldiers. Plus what logic is it to send children on a ship, are they supposed to pilot it themselves then?furthermore where would they get the children- if in mag's story it states that the tenno were known to be myths. People would notice their children missing and bring in questions, especially Kaleen.

Where's your proof that ALL the children on that ship were Embers? If mine is just an assumption, yours is too. It's just as probable the children on the ship were MANY different kinds of "young Tenno," and Kaleen just had interaction with one that HAPPENED to be an Ember.

You make a good point, though, as the use of the wording "not exactly" DOES seem to suggest the children found were de-aged crew members (although it may just have been awkward wording by Kaleen replying to the assumption, as her next sentence seems to suggest, that the old woman was saying "and there was no one on board"). And, though it's just as possible their minds were de-aged as well as their bodies, supporting the idea that they were simply children to begin with is the matter that Kaleen was only burned by one (the Ember you seem to be thinking was ALL of them) AFTER she attempted to "comfort" them - likely a "stranger danger!" reaction in the mind of a child.

You ALSO seem to be under the impression that the old woman is TRUSTWORTHY. While she SAYS she doesn't know anything (implying they didn't) there are TWO possibilities that throw that into question: 1) she was lying, 2) plausible deniability (that is to say: she REALLY DIDN'T know anything, but the children were sent nonetheless, and she was kept in the dark about it to keep the whole thing under-wraps - like some CIA or military operations not telling the U.S. President what's what IRL).

To potentially explain the rest, I'm going to ask you follow this timeline:

Void-travel experimentation begins,

The Zariman is sent through, full crew, into the "Void Fold" from Saturn to elsewhere, vanishes and then resurfaces,

Ember's lore, children are taken in by Orokin military (known only to the higher-ups and a select few researchers and scientists) and quarantined for study over the years,

They grow up being studied like this, still in quarantine, information leaks from the Orokin give rise to rumors of "superhumans," "Void Demons," "Tenno," being raised by the Orokin.

Sentients attack, Orokin wage war but find their technology is useless against the Sentients and begin to lose.

They take a look back at the children from the Void, "turning to" something the Void had produced and taking the "twisted" children and training them, as they fight to hold the line against the Sentients a while longer, into Supersoldiers (Excalibur's lore).

Now trained, the Tenno and last of the Orokin's regular military forces, are sent in a final, desperate move to try and save the Empire from the Sentients (Mag's lore)

Of course, eventually they're victorious, return to Outer Terminus, kill the Orokin (Stalker's lore), ect.

EDIT: As for "the families" we don't know WHAT kind of ship the Zariman was. It MAY have been military, or it MAY have been civilian. If it was a civilian ship, the parents would have been lost (or de-aged, whatever) as well, so no issue there. If it was a military ship and the children were stowed onboard as an experiment, then its' possible the Orokin either arranged for the children to simply "go missing" and never be found (happens all the time IRL) or they were orphans picked up and put on there - no parents, no one will miss them, orphan matrons and the like could be paid off easily.

Ember's lore stats that "nothing ever returns from the fold" so if a ship vanished it just vanished, no one would ask questions and, if it returned, no one would be EXPECTING (hopeful though they may be) to see anyone they lost. So, either way, I don't see too many people asking questions or trying to dig deep enough to find something - not enough to matter, anyway.

Edited by Morec0

Emmmm, potentially, but I don't think so. Especially with the advent of the spores being mentioned in Infested survival, it seems to be suggesting that the Warframes, while good at keeping life support in (i.e. while running to extraction on 0% life), they're not PERFECT at it.

Alternative theory, then: it's not so much an environment being created by the Rail as it is the Warframe's own shields (a way to keep the WF's life support systems from being sucked out by the vacuum of space) or just basic life support system being altered in a way by such proximity to the Rail (and whatever powers that be that allow them to function) that makes the harshness of space's vacuum no match for Tenno life support, but at the same time cannot strengthen them enough to protect them from direct-damage (i.e. bullets)

Think: Wireless Battery (ala Nikola Tesla)

I think it is more about Dark Sector Rails having just (emphasis on just) enough air to sustain the Tenno (and the gravity outside the Solar Rail rooms could be enough to retain a bit of the air in to create a very, very weak but sufficient atmosphere to breathe in), whereas the Survival just sucks the air out of the room (which does not mean that there is no gravity, since gravity has to do with mass and radius and such, and sucking all the air out does not affect the gravity whatsoever [but atmosphere retention does depend on gravity]) (and with Infested Spores, consuming oxygen and producing toxic gas [most likely carbon dioxide being produced in aerobic decomposition or something of the sort]). 

I think it is more about Dark Sector Rails having just (emphasis on just) enough air to sustain the Tenno (and the gravity outside the Solar Rail rooms could be enough to retain a bit of the air in to create a very, very weak but sufficient atmosphere to breathe in), whereas the Survival just sucks the air out of the room (which does not mean that there is no gravity, since gravity has to do with mass and radius and such, and sucking all the air out does not affect the gravity whatsoever [but atmosphere retention does depend on gravity]) (and with Infested Spores, consuming oxygen and producing toxic gas [most likely carbon dioxide being produced in aerobic decomposition or something of the sort]). 

Makes sense to me. We seem to agree, why are we debating this again XD

Makes sense to me. We seem to agree, why are we debating this again XD

Because I think Tenno do not have internal life support (or if they do, it is very, very weak or delayed, if the Slash status effects and Toxic status effects have anything to say).

Just saying for a bio-mechanical suit of armour (or Warframe) meant for fighting in almost any situation, it does allow quite a few things through its shields and armour. 

Besides, I somewhat disagree on your conjecture about Warframes' life support suddenly altered in the Solar Rails space. If so, why do they not do it for Survival as well (barring atmosphere)?

Edited by Renegade343

Because I think Tenno do not have internal life support (or if they do, it is very, very weak or delayed, if the Slash status effects and Toxic status effects have anything to say).

Just saying for a bio-mechanical suit of armour (or Warframe) meant for fighting in almost any situation, it does allow quite a few things through its shields and armour. 

Besides, I somewhat disagree on your conjecture about Warframes' life support suddenly altered in the Solar Rails space. If so, why do they not do it for Survival as well?

Hmmm... can't say much about the internal life support - but you may be on to something (given the fact we pump aid BACK INTO the environment rather than into our frames in Survival). Would also explain why enemies are not hurt by life-support failure (personal modules and all that) while we are.

The idea I was going for wasn't so much they were altered in Rail space as being altered FOR Rail space, but they are altered BY Rail space - the strengthening idea because of proximity TO the rails, ect. Since we seem to be onto something with the semi-atmosphere around the Rails, though, that concept need not be applied.

Edited by Morec0

Hmmm... can't say much about the internal life support - but you may be on to something (given the fact we pump aid BACK INTO the environment rather than into our frames in Survival). Would also explain why enemies are not hurt by life-support failure (personal modules and all that) while we are.

You know, speaking of personal modules: 

How does Nekros summon another personal module from a corpse when said corpse already drops one? 

I understand that why some enemies do not drop them is probably due to our guns accidentally shooting and destroying the personal module (makes sense, given that with enough bullets and force, the modules would break and leak oxygen away), but how do we miss another capsule on the corpse?

Unless Nekros is breaking down the water molecules in the corpses and making individual oxygen atoms to react with other individual oxygen atoms to create breathable diatomic oxygen (and probably ozone, to a small extent) and store them in airtight human flesh composed modules, but other than that, I cannot think of anything else. 

You know, speaking of personal modules: 

How does Nekros summon another personal module from a corpse when said corpse already drops one? 

I understand that why some enemies do not drop them is probably due to our guns accidentally shooting and destroying the personal module (makes sense, given that with enough bullets and force, the modules would break and leak oxygen away), but how do we miss another capsule on the corpse?

Unless Nekros is breaking down the water molecules in the corpses and making individual oxygen atoms to react with other individual oxygen atoms to create breathable diatomic oxygen (and probably ozone, to a small extent) and store them in airtight human flesh composed modules, but other than that, I cannot think of anything else. 

That theory seems sounds to me. The LS thing itself would then just be game mechanics.

Alternatively (though I like your theory A LOT better): perhaps the LS system on the ones that don't drop an LS on their own was simply not dislodged enough from the damaged with-stained by the enemy to be easily removed by our Tenno (too time-consuming to try), and so was overlooked until along-comes-Nekros and he rots away enough of the enemy with Desecrate to properly dislodge it for easy ascess.

I PERSONALLY BELIEVE I HAVE ONE OF THE BEST THEORIES 

*clears throat*

(hold onto your panties for some mind-blowingness)

The Tenno scan and learn about the new warframe designs and abilities, so when you get the blueprint, you study and learn the blueprint, which is a damn good explanation for why it takes three freaking days. 

Now, as to how we get them on and off, their First game was Dark Sector, so, going off of that chick, we grow them. Yes, after we learn what warframe we want to be, we grow them. From ourselves. Think back to the very first Tenno, Hayden. He started to grow his. Which would explain how the same Tenno in an Excalibur can fit into a Rhino or an Ember and so forth.

As to how we take in sustinance... We take in what we need from the blood (or circuits[if applicable]) of our enemies and absorb them through our literal second skin. 

Basically, if you didn't follow anything I just said up there, our Warframe are us. They are our second skin. We do not dispose of them, we switch between different frames by shifting our second skins to how we want them to be. (In thinking about this after re-reading it, that also explains [kinda] why Rhino just poofs on Iron skin and why Saryn can just poof out a... Snake thing... I don't know what her power is called.)

It also would explain how our physique, (and in question, our genders [since the same dude or chick who picked Excalibur or Loki for their first Frame can become a Nova and has some new uh... Capacitors attached to their breastplates) doesn't matter for anything, since we just grow to accomedate our needs. 

This theory generally stems from watching a Playthrough of Darksector, which shows Hayden Growing his potential suit. (YES. I do understand that Hayden later puts on a *prototype suit* but it doesn't have any armor or anything, only his right arm had the armor and since our whole suits are made out of this same armor I assume, it would make sense that he later, unless he died or some thing, grew the Excalibur suit or even all of them.) 

Edited by (PS4)theelix

Tenno are probably organic beings that can in fact change their shape to a limited degree. I heard/read somewhere that the Tenno are actually people who were "touched by the void", basically people who went into void portals and came back changed.

Because they can bleed and breathe, it can be assumed that they are still human to a degree (also, every warframe armor is humanoid with hands, arms, fingers, etc...), but also eminate some kind of energy (vor talks about how he wants to use this energy for the Grineer faction). Because they are partly energy, and always in the armor, their bodies must be unstable, and require the warframe armor to survive. Also, the Tenno can change frames within the ship just as easily as they can change a gun, so it would make sense to assume that the Tenno are seperate entities from their frames (also we can build warframes, and besides it being wierd for the player to be able to "build" a Tenno, one of the requirements for helmets is "neural sensors" which implies that each warframe uses the brain and body of a humanoid host)

Since each Warframe is different (different body sizes and sexes), we can assume that the Tenno can morph to a degree, or don't have a fixxed body type.(kindof like what theelix said above). I don't agree with what he said about the Tenno growing the armor around them (why do we need literal resources in order to create the frame's systems? Also, the foundry is literally a futuristic 3D printer now, so we know that the armor is literally being created so that it can be used by the Tenno).

Other random things that I think make sense

Tenno being both energy and organic beings, can survive without life support (you don't die without life support on survival missions, your health will go down to 5 and then stop).

Tenno are probably organic beings that can in fact change their shape to a limited degree. I heard/read somewhere that the Tenno are actually people who were "touched by the void", basically people who went into void portals and came back changed.

Because they can bleed and breathe, it can be assumed that they are still human to a degree (also, every warframe armor is humanoid with hands, arms, fingers, etc...), but also eminate some kind of energy (vor talks about how he wants to use this energy for the Grineer faction). Because they are partly energy, and always in the armor, their bodies must be unstable, and require the warframe armor to survive. Also, the Tenno can change frames within the ship just as easily as they can change a gun, so it would make sense to assume that the Tenno are seperate entities from their frames (also we can build warframes, and besides it being wierd for the player to be able to "build" a Tenno, one of the requirements for helmets is "neural sensors" which implies that each warframe uses the brain and body of a humanoid host)

Since each Warframe is different (different body sizes and sexes), we can assume that the Tenno can morph to a degree, or don't have a fixxed body type.(kindof like what theelix said above). I don't agree with what he said about the Tenno growing the armor around them (why do we need literal resources in order to create the frame's systems? Also, the foundry is literally a futuristic 3D printer now, so we know that the armor is literally being created so that it can be used by the Tenno).

Other random things that I think make sense

Tenno being both energy and organic beings, can survive without life support (you don't die without life support on survival missions, your health will go down to 5 and then stop).

Just the last part, I think that's purely game mechanics. (I mean, with how fast you start to die without life support, it would be truely unfair if you died as immediately. You would most likely never get to the extraction unless you're standing right there when it runs out.)

Also, we could need literal resources that we could do a psuedo absorb type thing with. Absorbing more nueral sensors and blah.

Edited by (PS4)theelix