Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenno Are Alive?

DarkLordX2

And my Liset has enough room for 12 people on it!

The point is, he's trying to say something definitively, despite the nebulous nature of the lore. And follows that up with "No I'm right discussion over".

Well, the lore does definitively state that there are bodies within the Warframes. So, that's not really an argument. XD Oh god, what if they're like those little aliens from Men in Black, just piloting inside the helmet.

Well, the lore does definitively state that there are bodies within the Warframes. So, that's not really an argument. XD Oh god, what if they're like those little aliens from Men in Black, just piloting inside the helmet.

Could be a construct of infested flesh that can contain a Tenno's energy but only focuses through the Warframe.

Who knows? Definitely not Mr. Know-It-All.

Don't give me that image... I want to stair at Saryn's.... nothing... carry on... .-.

Anyway, i personally believe that Tenno are humans, that just can't live outside of the Warframes due to there overgrown power.

The Warframes act like shackles which keep the Tennos Energy set on a path of powers, since the Tenno's body can't handle using its power all at once.

Focus system: Would be the Tenno releasing its true power for a limited time, while MR would be the Tennos experienced which would allow it to stay in the state of true power for a longer period of time.

Edited by Feallike

Could be a construct of infested flesh that can contain a Tenno's energy but only focuses through the Warframe.

Who knows? Definitely not Mr. Know-It-All.

Yeah, everything beyond "There are bodies inside" is just conjecture. Nothing else solid to go off.

I remember Steve saying that each warframe is a different character, hence why there is a fixed gender of each frame. So kinda like you have a character selection, I guess?

With the whole thing about if a warframe is a suit or not or whatever discussion is going on here... I'd say that it seems to me that they're kinda like suits of armor. Plain and simple.

Edited by Vitras

I remember Steve saying that each warframe is a different character, hence why there is a fixed gender of each frame.

With the whole thing about if a warframe is a suit or not or whatever discussion is going on here... I'd say that it seems to me that they're kinda like suits of armor. Plain and simple.

He also said when explaining the Focus system that your personal Tenno.

So we can't really rely on their word. :p

Personally I'm leery of the "Being of Pure Thought" line of thinking due to the 'Frames coming in two distinct genders; that would make not the slightest bit of sense were it just one entity jumping from shell to shell.

Well, a lens has to be JUST RIGHT to be able to focus something the way you need it to be focused - could be that the Warframes HAVE to come in those gender-looks because of the same "just right" principle (would also explain why male-female variants aren't something on DE's 'to-do-right-now' list, even though it would make them a NICE bit of money off of people).

Don't give me that image... I want to stair at Saryn's.... nothing... carry on... .-.

Anyway, i personally believe that Tenno are humans, that just can't live outside of the Warframes due to there overgrown power.

The Warframes act like shackles which keep the Tennos Energy set on a path of powers, since the Tenno's body can't handle using its power all at once.

Focus system: Would be the Tenno releasing its true power for a limited time, while MR would be the Tennos experienced which would allow it to stay in the state of true power for a longer period of time.

well, they seem to handle their powers well without warframes in them cryopods. Besides, they might as well manifest their powers under strong emotional stress (Ember codex)

besides, in Vor's Price Vor tells us that our warframes shape our powers, so to some point you're right.

As for the Focus system, I don't think we have a clear explanation of it for now so I couldn't comment on that.

He also said when explaining the Focus system that your personal Tenno.

So we can't really rely on their word. :p

Ah. Which means we can get gender-bender frames now. :D Kidding.

So then maybe... Maybe we're all just introverts who hate going outside and control warframes from inside a bunker 30 miles underground.

MOA's bleed too.

And they're robots.

What.

I just went through a Corpus mission. They have blood spurts when you shoot them (same with everything), but they can't leave streaks of blood when you kill them with slash damage, like all organic targets with flesh. And they don't have a bleed out mechanic.

Ah. Which means we can get gender-bender frames now. :D Kidding.

So then maybe... Maybe we're all just introverts who hate going outside and control warframes from inside a bunker 30 miles underground.

OMG! HES FIGURED OUT THE CODE! 

Well, a lens has to be JUST RIGHT to be able to focus something the way you need it to be focused - could be that the Warframes HAVE to come in those gender-looks because of the same "just right" principle (would also explain why male-female variants aren't something on DE's 'to-do-right-now' list, even though it would make them a NICE bit of money off of people).

Implying that this hypothetical energy-Tenno, whatever it was before attaining its current state, must inhabit a physical form of specific female shape to utilise its powers to manipulate heat and a specific male shape to manipulate water.

This obviously raises a whole slew of related questions, cursory examination of which suggest they just lead into a morass of handwave ad-hoc excuses and an awful mess.

I repeat, "makes no sense whatsoever". I'd rather just apply Occam's Razor here and go with the obvious enough explanation of Gameplay And Story Segregation necessary mainly due to the "character independent" way progress in the game is traced. We're already accepting the essential immortality of the named boss characters as "one of those MMO things", not seeing why tortuously convoluted theorycrafting is required with this one.

I think we evolved some kind of shapeshifting in the void to fit into different warframes.

As vor said, the frames dont grant powers, they just shape them like glass shapes light.

The energy fueling the frames comes from the tenno inside.

Nova is designed lorewise by the council. The frame was designed, not a specific tenno.

So every tenno is able to fit in this nova frame and use its shaping power for our energy which we got within the void.

Or maybe the frame is kinda biological and moves just right to adjust to every tenno.

I personally dont think the multiple tenno per player theory can exist any longer with the newer lore we got.

Edit: i really dont see any problems with genders and shapes around one tenno.

Hell, if i look at cosplays even those guys /girls can make them look like whatever they want with enough time. Hell knows what technology those orokin had which enabled those things.

Edited by sp33chle55

Out of nowhere, we have a winner.

OUT OF NOWHERE.

58MCF.gif

(ty 4z21)

In truth, I prefer one-Tenno per Frame idea anyway so I don't know why I'm arguing in favor of the energy being one... I suppose 'cause the one ship we have just makes it SO difficult to explain it away (whereas in other MMOs, and in the first iteration of Warframe's main screen, your different characters are necessarily link by a very recognizable location).

I'll just stop debating now, and stick with the "they're all different people" answer. They're all different people, people!

MOA's bleed too.

And they're robots.

Always wondered about that

Whether it is simple DEV game programmer zeal or they spurt red motor oil or maybe some of the robotic components are organic

A riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma ...

What was first, the Lore or the Game?

Most of the time thats not answerable.

If the Lore has been first for example, we know, that Gender specific Frames have been scrapped, but were planned. Points more to one Person for all Frames of a player.

Generally we hear from the Prologue, that a Warframe shapes the powers of the Tenno, which could explain the different body shapes of the Warframes, as the place inside the Frame for the Tenno can always be the same size.

Also we have the Cryopods to look into, and the Rescue targets. I'd guess that those are Tenno (Although then I wonder why our Tenno was cryofrozen inside a Warframe). All of them are more or less the same size - and they exist male and female.

Just from playing we get a lot of information.

Problem is: We don't know what is final. 

What was first, the Lore or the Game?

Most of the time thats not answerable.

If the Lore has been first for example, we know, that Gender specific Frames have been scrapped, but were planned. Points more to one Person for all Frames of a player.

Generally we hear from the Prologue, that a Warframe shapes the powers of the Tenno, which could explain the different body shapes of the Warframes, as the place inside the Frame for the Tenno can always be the same size.

Also we have the Cryopods to look into, and the Rescue targets. I'd guess that those are Tenno (Although then I wonder why our Tenno was cryofrozen inside a Warframe). All of them are more or less the same size - and they exist male and female.

Just from playing we get a lot of information.

Problem is: We don't know what is final. 

Well, given that the rescue targets now talk (regardless of male or female or Veil colors or not) I think we can rule them out being Tenno. But the relation to the guys in the pods still stands, unless DE decided to do something against that in the future.

Always wondered about that

Whether it is simple DEV game programmer zeal or they spurt red motor oil or maybe some of the robotic components are organic

A riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma ...

Eh, Patton tanks (M60s? can't be arsed to go all WoT nerd ATM and check) were notorious for the red "cherry juice" used in their turret hydraulics. Mainly because apparently the stuff was highly flammable and the pipes fragile enough to get torn alarmingly readily by hits on the vehicle...

I gather the Israelis were quite unhappy to learn this the hard way under fire and insisted on making a bunch of modifications on the cans after the war.

Anyways, we have no idea what kind of tech it is that actually moves the Corpus battlewalkers; to speak nothing of possible coolant fluids, high-tech gunk in powerpacks and probably any number of other things that might require liquids sloshing around in them for perfectly legitimate engineering reasons.

Eh, Patton tanks (M60s? can't be arsed to go all WoT nerd ATM and check) were notorious for the red "cherry juice" used in their turret hydraulics. Mainly because apparently the stuff was highly flammable and the pipes fragile enough to get torn alarmingly readily by hits on the vehicle...

I gather the Israelis were quite unhappy to learn this the hard way under fire and insisted on making a bunch of modifications on the cans after the war.

Anyways, we have no idea what kind of tech it is that actually moves the Corpus battlewalkers; to speak nothing of possible coolant fluids, high-tech gunk in powerpacks and probably any number of other things that might require liquids sloshing around in them for perfectly legitimate engineering reasons.

If anything I'd probably guess hydraulic limbs and traditional motors, looking at the legs of a MOA.