Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Discussing About Dark Sector Alliances Having Too High Taxes

iquaniqua

Eclipse is going to lose there rail soon, they have stated they will offer 0 Battlepay during conflicts to help make up for 0 taxes. 

Though i doubt this greedy community will not take the battlepay... :/

Anyway, Eclipse will fall next, then ICE will probably get sechuras, then V, then Lords of the East, then finally Eclipse again.

Psh. Eclipse may not have had the wrong idea, but their PR was just bad. (don't you give me 'there's no such thing as bad PR' xD)

They 'defended' themselves by arguing that they were in the right to charge people. Practical justification.

Only... it's clearly only funded by greed and no one is obligated to support them.

It's very much another way to hear someone tell you what to do. That snowballed pretty hard.

When you become a government that doesn't feed it's people, you're little more than a

reading way too much into it,and alliances are justified too set whatever tax they want.

don't like it?then take the sector from them.

Edited by LostCody

Eclipse is going to lose there rail soon, they have stated they will offer 0 Battlepay during conflicts to help make up for 0 taxes. 

Though i doubt this greedy community will not take the battlepay... :/

Anyway, Eclipse will fall next, then ICE will probably get sechuras, then V, then Lords of the East, then finally Eclipse again.

sad thing is the first three are all working together. Wonder if anybody else knows that?

This, Eclipse claimed 0% and they did it!

Before anyone complains again like the last time: Eclipse claimed a 0% tax when they took the first nodes after the implementation of DS AND they had those 0% for a decent time. Ether the last time nor this time, Eclipse doesn't promise to be able to handle this rates alone for ever.

If there is not enough feedback and engagement of the rest of the community, they have already mentioned, that they won't be responsible for future undesired changes. 

Don't think that somebody else will handle something for you. Dark Sectors is a game of parties, contracts and strategies - not a simple hole full of credits and mats.

so a while ago almost all dark sectors had a credit tax close to 0% and then i considered 10% taxes very high. But looking at the takes now, i can barely find a dark sector mission bhoutth with 10% tax, all the credit taxes are too high and they even go up to 70%, but this wouldn't bother me so much if they actually used that tax for the credit reward in the conflicts, but i see conflicts between alliances with super high taxes and even when the conflict starts they have a 0 credit reward.

i used to love dark sectors because you could earn as much xp and credits as void missions, without needing a key, but with taxes this high, dark sectors seem a waste of time to me.

They were always a waste of time. Do yourself a favour and just play void...seriously :(

Before anyone complains again like the last time: Eclipse claimed a 0% tax when they took the first nodes after the implementation of DS AND they had those 0% for a decent time. Ether the last time nor this time, Eclipse doesn't promise to be able to handle this rates alone for ever.

If there is not enough feedback and engagement of the rest of the community, they have already mentioned, that they won't be responsible for future undesired changes. 

Don't think that somebody else will handle something for you. Dark Sectors is a game of parties, contracts and strategies - not a simple hole full of credits and mats.

You oughta know that either side of the argument is a one way trip to being labeled a zealot, don't go down that path, just let it happen.

You oughta know that either side of the argument is a one way trip to being labeled a zealot, don't go down that path, just let it happen.

Well I know (this time I speak as a complete neutral spectator however). I only wanted to point it out again before the main bashing starts ...

Edited by -ExT-AtLasVegas

sad thing is the first three are all working together. Wonder if anybody else knows that?
Them and Orion, Solar Syndicate, and Synergy.

Wonder if anyone knows that ICE, Eclipse, Lords of the East, Orion, Solar Syndicate and Synergy are actually all part of an elaborate plan by Warbros and we're none the wiser. Y'know, since we seem to be throwing out rather ridiculous assumptions/conclusions/factless statements.

Oh yeah and the United States, Russia and China are actually all working together. Have been since 1950. The "tensions" between the global superpowers is actually a ruse to dupe the common man.

[conspiracy theorizing intensifies]

Hence, bad PR management. >:

If they hadn't snowballed it, they stood a chance to have maintained control a little longer. (not for Sechura, because srsly, no one wants tax on that)

Lies! I wanted a tax on Sechura of 75% credit 100% resource...sadly No one in V would listen to an outsider :(

Edited by DarthRevan84

Wonder if anyone knows that ICE, Eclipse, Lords of the East, Orion, Solar Syndicate and Synergy this is actually all an elaborate plan by Warbros and we're none the wiser. Y'know, since we seem to be throwing out rather ridiculous assumptions/conclusions/factless statements.

Oh yeah and the United States, Russia and China are actually all working together. Have been since 1950. The "tensions" between the global superpowers is actually a ruse to dupe the common man.

this is the truth the mod has spoken

Wonder if anyone knows that ICE, Eclipse, Lords of the East, Orion, Solar Syndicate and Synergy are actually all part of an elaborate plan by Warbros and we're none the wiser. Y'know, since we seem to be throwing out rather ridiculous assumptions/conclusions/factless statements.

f71.jpg

Well as I said in another related thread...

I'm on Team Greed and when taxes are going beyond a certain threshold I just become "meh" and don't play there anymore because I don't play PvP and therefore I couldn't get back all the credits during the conflicts I had to share earlier. So most of those rails are just a lose-lose situation for me and I'm better off playing regular missions somewhere else.

Don't care about the XP bonus so much... They are useless anyways compared to going to mobile defense missions during random Outbreaks. ^^

Incunabulum, on 04 Aug 2014 - 10:14 AM, said: "Right now, there are only a handful and so we're in an oligopoly situation.  And, since this ain't Eve, no one is going to hire an economist to handle their economy."

You would be surprised to know how this is EVE, and how many economists have been hired to keep the system going. Also PR people, artists, hackers, coders, forum trolls, spies, and people digging up information to target people's computers and real life.

You'd also be surprised to know how some Alliances do ten times the work of your average player to make the place enjoyable to the public and encourage them to take part, and that the oligopoly situation could be turned in a monopoly situation in the time of mere hours if we decide the players aren't worth the effort we put forth for their benefit.

The lack of accounting options leads to a metagame where most of the Dark Sector work is done outside of the game. There is nothing you can do to defend yourself inside the game from out-of-game intervention. My current Metagame only needs a phone, a voice scrambler and a couple of credits cards you can't track.

It is time people realize the whole tax discussion is merely a PR campaign, and that what all alliances currently on the Starchart want are more competitively thinking players focused on supporting the game in every way they can.

The game going down the drain for a bunch of filthy casuals will be their own fault. It is time people realize that freedom doesn't come for free.

Yes, we can:
We can hope. We can dream. But when we wake up, the only candidate ready for the future is me. And the future is coming. It is coming and it is bringing with it armored Kubrows, attack blimps, and enough weaponized robots to turn hope into a four letter word. You want hope? Keep dreaming. You want change? Put our your cup. You want freedom? Vote for me.

I am Eclipse. Welcome to my party. Vote for me if you wanna live.

I have more than enough proof. I dont say things that arent true.

You are making the similar, counter-conspiracy assumptions that i dont have facts to back it up.

Edited by Faulcun

It seems to me the devs designed this metagame to support secrecy, infiltration, corruption, and the dirtiest type of gameplay.

While we attempt to stay out of most of that, you cant compete without information. Go get your own spies and screenshots. Ive done my research.

I wonder if it would be better to take control of taxing from the winner of conflicts and set all sectors to a set rate regardless of who is in charge.  Like, no matter who wins the taxes will always stay at 10%.  That way it's a matter of owning a sector for the sake of  income instead of it being some sort of Spartan-inspired presidential election.