The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Am I Forced To Join A Clan To Get Research?

Mystry

I do not want a clan. Why is there no solo research option? Also, the solution is not to make a 1 man clan, as the costs to do so are outrageous.

Costs for a 1 man clan isn't that much, i did it all without platinum (except for rushing rooms), solo, within a week. All you will need for the rooms is, 1 or 2 reactors, 1 + shape hall and 3 t shape halls, plus the research labs. That's it. Clan tech is for clans, if you want the clan tech, make a clan or join one long enough to get the tech.

Edited by itsXthomasTAG

Costs for a 1 man clan isn't that much, i did it all without platinum (except for rushing rooms), solo, within a week. All you will need for the rooms is, 1 or 2 reactors, 1 + shape hall and 3 t shape halls, plus the research labs. That's it.

confirmed

and besides, there are clans like mine, who acept solo players to

I do not want a clan. Why is there no solo research option? Also, the solution is not to make a 1 man clan, as the costs to do so are outrageous.

Actually, that is the solution right there. I pretty much ran a Clan by myself before deciding that I don't mind sharing, and invited anyone who asked for prints. Eventually we grew into a small SEA Clan from there. The costs for Ghost Clan research are almost outrageously low aside from the Forma requirement. But if you wish to go solo, wise management of Dojo layout can help you save on them puzzle pieces.

If you want some ClanTch, just tell me and I'll send you an invite to my Clan. I just need you to leave after you purchase all your desired research.

This entire game is based around co-op. Thats why some items you can only get from co-op related things such as a clan.

You can easily make 1 man clan and it IS  solution. The costs arent outrageous as costs for building rooms and research costs in dojo are based on how big the clan is, if you make a clan, you would see the costs are fine for 1 person to be able to do it all themselves with some dedication.

Note: You can always join a clan, have a member of the clan invite you into the dojo, but all the research blueprints, and then leave said clan.

But if you wish to go solo, wise management of Dojo layout can help you save on them puzzle pieces.

As this person said, here is a image off of google that happens to be one of the least cost worthy and most efficient basic designs.

I used the same basic design, except i changed a few things to suit my needs.

http://i.imgur.com/tF0XEBH.png

Edited by itsXthomasTAG

As this person said, here is a image off of google that happens to be one of the least cost worthy and most efficient basic designs.

I used the same basic design, except i changed a few things to suit my needs.

http://i.imgur.com/tF0XEBH.png

Can confirm. I built my dojo solo, it uses a similar layout and only cost 10 forma and a couple thousand trash mats

I own a dojo, i have done ALL the research by myself and it wasn't actually difficult, the only other member of the clan is a real life friend who plays very little and hasn't contributed one single resource unit, you are welcome to join me if you want, use the dojo as you feel like, and continue to do your solo stuff, i am mostly a solo player myself and i wouldn't mind sharing my research with people needing it.

Edited by Orbister

I'm also the one who establish my own clan all by myself, even before I start recruiting my friends in. They ain't even fast enough to start the research project beofre I did. xD

If the cost to do one man clan is too much for you, it's just simply that, you are not ready to make one yet.

Solo clan for me, getting kicked for no reason while investing lot of resources was horrible, 

But i do agree, clan tech is horrible in every aspect, 3 days to research plus extra for a weapon or 4 days for warframe.

Solo clan for me, getting kicked for no reason while investing lot of resources was horrible, 

But i do agree, clan tech is horrible in every aspect, 3 days to research plus extra for a weapon or 4 days for warframe.

I agree, it's kinda way too long for full 3 days researching time.

But since I ain't got anything else to do spcificly (own everything I can, max them all, got all mods), I guess I have plenty of time to wait, at least for now.

Edited by Habataki

Like everyone else has mentioned its not to hard to start your own clan and build the research rooms. It will take time but its the only alternative to not joining a created clan already.

Plus its fun making your own dojo and you constantly build on it its something to be proud of in the end.

You can always simply form  a ghost clan by yourself....

Add a few buddies and you barely need any resources to build one, with everything researched and more

It boggles my mind how much people don't read on this forum.  There are so many non-constructive posts in this thread it's depressing.

You're forced to join a clan because DE wants you to be social.  That's not to say this is good game design; quite the contrary.  But, there you have it.

It boggles my mind how much people don't read on this forum.  There are so many non-constructive posts in this thread it's depressing.

You're forced to join a clan because DE wants you to be social.  That's not to say this is good game design; quite the contrary.  But, there you have it.

It is true that it is a features that "forces" you to be social, but it is also true that one man clans are very VERY possible, and there are tons of them, actually building a clan dojo was outrageously more expensive when the system came out, and now its really cheap in comparison, i think DE understands that some of us like to play solo and the prices are adjusted to allows to do so.

That's just the way it is. I didn't really want to join a clan when research first came out, but i did, and tbh its great.

Perhaps a very cheap 1 man clan could be an option, where it locks out any ability to invite people untill you upgrade it (and if you upgrade, you have to add more resources to re-activate rooms you've built, to stop people making clans cheaply, then expanding capacity.)