Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Brace Your Selves Angstrum Users Nerfs Are Coming

GunBladeSlash

Don't kid yourself....you could just throw damage on those weapons and rape anything across all gamemodes. 

Anything that's Run & Gun, I have long stopped attempting to use explosive weapons. They simply aren't reliable enough. Sure there's people out there that can use them super well, but even then I see them bumrushed or blowing themselves up.

A Boltor Prime or a Paris Prime are excellent there.

All in all, I rarely see anyone using explosives for anything but camping Vortexes.

After the change you will have to scavenge a lot for ammo or actually mod accordingly (and lose some of your damage in your build).

Thing is, if you've got enemies swirling in a vortex, near the objective, it's not especially hard to get ahold of ammo.

It just makes these weapons slightly more annoying to use for this purpose.

(I'm not saying they should go back to 500 ammo, because that was ridiciolous. But 20 is steep.)

But for any other gamemode, you get unlucky and don't get any ammo drops you've got a useless loadout slot.

In Defense it's bye-bye to the people just standing on a high spot shooting their rockets 24/7, essentially making the mission super boring for anyone.

Nope. It just means they're getting even more boring, because you'll have to wait until as many enemies as possible are inside the vortex before you start to fire. And then, once the round is over you collect your 1 ammo pack, ready for another wave.

And as long as you don't use Carrier and reload too often, those ammo packs should start piling up quick.

In Survival you won't see people non-aim Angstrum/explosive Spamming anymore while sprinting around

Personally I find the Angstrum fun, but I didn't find it very good to use in Survival.

The pattern of projectiles is a bit too whimsical, spread out and hard to focus on what you actually want, except you find a high point and carpet-bomb enemies in a group.

As I've said, I rather rarely ever see anyone toting explosives during those. It's all Boltor Primes from what I've seen usually.

Maybe it's just happens to depend on the people I play with but usually from what I've seen

Vortex == Explosives

In Exterminate they will be relatively the same as the enemy count is limited...people might just actually take the time to aim a little.

Amprex/Ignis rock Exterminate, imho.

Sure you can try to lob explosives, but it doesn't feel very reliable.

Explosive weapons will need to be modded for Ammo so they can spam more (and thus lose a bit of damage) or actually be used more tactical (gasp)

Yeah, definitely those that knew how to use them will be still able to use them for the purpose they used them.

And everyone else... well they'll delete them from their arsenal.

Mind that I haven't experienced these changes first hand yet, or play a lot with explosives... but I feel this change banishes them uses in camping where ammo is always nearby and available and only makes it harder to use them for anything else.

Edited by Sherbniz

Pistol Ammo drops are fairly common, especially if people still plan to camp Infested Defense with them.

Ammo shouldn't be a problem.

Well, there are auto pistols that need some love from more pistol ammo drops especially Cestra and my Cestra has ammo mutation on it, although the pistol aura shouldn't be the answer.

21 seems a little too low... 42 Would suffice quite nicely though.

This update was bound to happen at some point, I personally never understood why the Ogris had 500+ ammo capacity. It seemed ridiculously overpowered when I first recieved the gun, and it's still a little BS to this day.

21 seems a little too low... 42 Would suffice quite nicely though.

This update was bound to happen at some point, I personally never understood why the Ogris had 500+ ammo capacity. It seemed ridiculously overpowered when I first recieved the gun, and it's still a little BS to this day.

Well, explosions are suppose to be powerful. It's weird how anything survives an explosion when in the explosion and the explosion range also makes sense.

There's a some guy in hollywood that specializes in explosions. He would give you more detail. Although some might mistake Mirage for him.

Hey do we get things like when Steel Charge was nerfed?

Also, now that everyone that was *@##$ing and complaining about killstealing and ammunition has been catered to, can I also expect the amount of whining by the forum community, the massive source of power-creep-phobia, finally shut up for a while?

Meanwhile,

751355f393.PNG

I'm not really sure what the purpose of this nerf was. Ammo for these weapons is still plentiful, this just means you have to pick up ammo more frequently. It feels like the nerf was just made to appease those calling for a nerf. 

I think this is meant for the Dark Sector PvP, by the looks of it, but probably for PvE as well (to stop players from getting 'easy mode', so to speak). 

However, swapping the ammo type of the Primary explosive weapons to Sniper ammo would be good (at least there would be an actual factor to consider when bringing the Primary explosives), with picking up Sniper ammo refilling only a bit of the base ammo (say +2 ammo?). 

I'm not really sure what the purpose of this nerf was. Ammo for these weapons is still plentiful, this just means you have to pick up ammo more frequently. It feels like the nerf was just made to appease those calling for a nerf. 

How else do you get the vocal minority to finally shut up so we can get some peace and quiet?

It's 2014 and people are still scared of progression towards an endgame, which they seem to label as power creep.