The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Torid Will Be The Most Useless Thing In This Whole Game Now

PeanutMonster

Could people please stop whining before the change even happened, just wait til wednesday. Rifle and Pistol Ammo isn't that rare and one pickup would give you max ammo, so yeah just wait and see, if it realy will break those weapons gameplay wise DE will fix that.

Could people please stop whining before the change even happened, just wait til wednesday. Rifle and Pistol Ammo isn't that rare and one pickup would give you max ammo, so yeah just wait and see, if it realy will break those weapons gameplay wise DE will fix that.

Torid's damage is nowhere near to the damage of Penta or Ogris. I have 5 Formas installed on my Torid and still my Ogris without a single Forma does better. Nerfing the ammo capacity of Torid to 20 makes no sense to me.

Edited by PeanutMonster

False. I have zero issue with the torid.

It could use a bit of a buff and the cloud AOE could be larger but thats nothing multishot and a rank 4 heavy caliber can't solve.

It tears through even T4 content.

The ammo nerf was needed but Maybe 40 would be a bit more reasonable.

Either way they all draw from the rifle ammo pool and thats stuff is everywhere.

Its not that big a deal.

all the heavy ammo capacity is now idiotic.

on penta u get  to shoot 4x 5 grenades and all out of ammo.

angstrum -   a few multi rocket charged shots and all out of ammo.

and so on. its like you MUST use all the ammo auras and mods just to  be able to last 1 wave in defense - which means heavy loss in damage/energy etc bonuses.

All this does is buff rapid fire/rifle type weapons even more - and i don't like those weapons. They are boring and unoriginal.

False. I have zero issue with the torid.

It could use a bit of a buff and the cloud AOE could be larger but thats nothing multishot and a rank 4 heavy caliber can't solve.

It tears through even T4 content.

The ammo nerf was needed but Maybe 40 would be a bit more reasonable.

Either way they all draw from the rifle ammo pool and thats stuff is everywhere.

Its not that big a deal.

Is this a joke? The mechanics are broken. I'm annoyed that DE would even touch the Torid without even trying to fix it. Torid does not tear through T4 content. You can't argue that this weapon isn't broken. Nonsense.

Is this a joke? The mechanics are broken. I'm annoyed that DE would even touch the Torid without even trying to fix it. Torid does not tear through T4 content. You can't argue that this weapon isn't broken. Nonsense.

When did we start using T4 as a benchmark to say if a weapon is good?

The MK-1 Braton cannot tear through T4 content. Does that mean it needs a buff as well just to do it?

The MK-1 Braton cannot tear through T4 content. Does that mean it needs a buff as well just to do it?

At no point was the MK-1 Braton one of the most powerful weapons in the game. This is not a buff "just to do it"? Torid doesn't work the way its supposed to.

The issue is that in Torid's case, the gas had always dealt the majority of the damage. That's how the weapon functioned. That's no longer true. The impact of the grenade does most of the damage and the gas is negligible. It's a joke. The mechanics are wrong despite the excellent feedback given by players. While Torid is Damage 2.0 Collateral, it can't be argued that damage 2.0 prevented DE from fixing broken mechanics.

(continued)

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/286349-what-priority-is-balancing-really-given/

Edited by Seanjuju

Well, technically, if you are Mirage with Intensity and Blind Rage, you can tear through T4 content with a rank 11 MK-1 Braton and cut down heavies in one slide swipe with Silva/Aegis at rank 15 which is what he may have done with Mirage.

Have you actually used the Torid?

all the heavy ammo capacity is now idiotic.

on penta u get  to shoot 4x 5 grenades and all out of ammo.

angstrum -   a few multi rocket charged shots and all out of ammo.

and so on. its like you MUST use all the ammo auras and mods just to  be able to last 1 wave in defense - which means heavy loss in damage/energy etc bonuses.

All this does is buff rapid fire/rifle type weapons even more - and i don't like those weapons. They are boring and unoriginal.

Youre absolutely correct

Under the assumption you never pick up ammo

Heres an idea

Lets step up the Hey fix the torid threads until they do

Seems alot better than complaining here

Ill even lead the way

Youre absolutely correct

Under the assumption you never pick up ammo

Heres an idea

Lets step up the Hey fix the torid threads until they do

Seems alot better than complaining here

Ill even lead the way

Way ahead of you.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/286349-what-priority-is-balancing-really-given/

Edited by Seanjuju

Torid... it's time for you to go... buried... 5 feet under ground.... i mean... space... magic...

You'r 100% useless in DPS but now you'r even much more useless with this new patch.

BB!

DE! it's time to scrap the torid data from WF.

Whenever I use a rifle, I see mroe shotgun ammo drop than rifle ammo, but when I decide to use a shotgun, I see more rifle ammo drop than shotgun ammo.

Been like that since day 1.

Whenever I use a rifle, I see mroe shotgun ammo drop than rifle ammo, but when I decide to use a shotgun, I see more rifle ammo drop than shotgun ammo.

Been like that since day 1.

EVEN ammo drop rate also affected by RNG.

It's force is strong.

Source?

Just a quick update from dev on some of the points being raised in this thread:

More work to come, you've all raised good points. The Torid will get an additional pass to bring it up to 'launcher' par. The Snipetron family will be reviewed, as well as the Miter. 

As we make our way through these posts and the threads they link to, we will see what else is to come in this batch of balance passes!