Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Two Handed Smg Seconadary?

Trcgg

am i the only one who would love to see a small SMG with a stock to be added to the game which isn't justwaiting to have "Ak" or "Dual" stuck infront of it?

like something that fires a little faster then a max firerate semi-auto but ALOT slower then say a furis or akStilleto but does something like 20-25 physical damage?

i dont know why but i think it would be an awesome niche between the bullet hose Akimbo uzi style weapons and other pistols like the kraken and Ak vasto, magnus and bolto.

anyone else had this idea floating around in their mind?

Edit (spell check because i'm an idiot)

Edited by Trcgg

It's called the Braton, unless you want to hold two of them at the same time?

AkBraton Prime confirmed.

Bur yeah, a two-handed secondary would be interesting. I think a couple of our current ones are large enough to be made two-handed.

Guest Tehnoobshow

*Did not understand thread* 

I think anything shoulder mounted would be labeled as primary, unfortunately. I would like to see weapons like this.

When you use the Brakk, even the Soma is a secondary.

Guest Tehnoobshow

Yes, but not shoulder mounted.

Wait, shoulder mounted? You mean like a Transformer? I don't think it would be feasible to have a machine gun pop out of your shoulder armor, if that's what you mean.

Er... the appropriate term escapes me... I realize that is wrong...

Stock against the shoulder.

Shoulder fired.

I am open to the idea of a light, fast, high-rate-of-fire shoulder fired SMG.  Maybe something like one of the Akstilletoes, with the stock extended and a bigger magazine? Ideally suppressed because NINJAS.

Something to consider here is that secondary class mods are superior to primary class mods.  Even with just the core 2 mod (base damage and multi shot), the difference is

Primaries

1 * 2.65 * 1.9 = 5.035

Secondaries

1 * 3.2 * 2.2 = 7.04

In other words, a secondary type weapon that lives in your primary slot would need to have its base damage increased by 40% to remain competitive with secondary weapons.

Shoulder fired.

I am open to the idea of a light, fast, high-rate-of-fire shoulder fired SMG.  Maybe something like one of the Akstilletoes, with the stock extended and a bigger magazine? Ideally suppressed because NINJAS.

Something to consider here is that secondary class mods are superior to primary class mods.  Even with just the core 2 mod (base damage and multi shot), the difference is

Primaries

1 * 2.65 * 1.9 = 5.035

Secondaries

1 * 3.2 * 2.2 = 7.04

In other words, a secondary type weapon that lives in your primary slot would need to have its base damage increased by 40% to remain competitive with secondary weapons.

i completely understand what you're saying but i'd only suggest it remain a secondary thus having quite a low but now Twin Furis, Stilleto, Zani or viper levels of damage, maybe sicarus prime damage without the crit chance?

my main rason for thinking of this is because it would make single fire weapons in the game a whole lot more popular among players.

for example alot of people use boltor prime and brakk, full auto and semi auto? it's not like the boltor prime is a incredible soma level of firerate but it hits hard  and does (arguably) too much damage.

so if i use a bow or a sniper i'd like a half ammo efficient weapon for situations where a sniper or a set of stilletos or vipers cant get you out of? im aware there is the kraken and other pistols but there are no propperly ammo efficient auto fire secondary weapons this would be the niche this gun would fill i feel.

but thats only my feelings. what im thinking of could be stupidly overpowered and ruin the balance of certain weapons.

so basically, you want the grakata to use secondary mods and come with hush installed?

no it would fire A LOT slower then any fully auto pistols and primary weapons. also it wouldnt have a huge crit and status chance. it would just have decent all around damage and accuracy thus giving it an ammo eficciency factor that no other fully auto pistols have in the game.

so the tradeoff is you give up crit chane and status chance for higer damage and ammo efficiency. thus balancing out the guns or i believe so. i could be wrong.

Edited by Trcgg