Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Do People Dislike Coptering?

(PSN)theelix

Why is Coptering such a problem? I've looked through multiple threads and found nothing to answer this question and I'd like a straight answer. Or at least a better answer than the most used "He's faster than me." 

EDIT: THIS THREAD IS NOW A PLACE FOR OPINIONS ON WHAT A NEW AERIAL SLIDE ATTACK SHOULD LOOK LIKE.

This and why YOU think coptering is so bad. Please, post not only your opinion, but a suggestion on what it should look like in the future.

Edit: Please visit this thread to help bring it to DE's attention. As it seems they either missed it or ignored it since Halloween last year, and both of those theories are unacceptable and they really need to impliment many of these things into the game. https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/119650-parkour-has-been-ignored-for-too-long-its-the-key-element-in-making-warframe-gameplay-unique-and-fresh/

Edited by (PS4)theelix

It initially was an exploit of weird game physics, which means no official fancy animations, effects and logic behind it. Devs kept it this way and even buffed it. Now it is extremely disappointing to see a player constantly, like every damn second spin awkwardly in circles to move trough rooms.

In short, it looks like peace of S#&$, doesn't make sense, makes any other movement useless.

Zephyr abilities, excalibur jump, valkyr ripline were all made for mobility, coptering feels like a cheat when you look at it that way.

Edited by Aure7

I like that "feature" very helpfull and essential to cross big tiles or jump big gaps.

But, the "feature" is ugly, I don't even think it was made on purpose, you can see the frames feet glitch speedwalk into the air, there is no pose to the frame when they are speedcoptering, nor pose when they are still flying after the copter animation is finished, they all stand in air, or walk as if air walking.

But maybe the reason ppl don't like it, its cause it wasn't a planned feature, and they also might not like the rush that it allows.

It initially was an exploit of weird game physics, which means no official fancy animations, effects and logic behind it. Devs kept it this way and even buffed it. Now it is extremely disappointing to see a player constantly, like every damn second spin awkwardly in circles to move trough rooms.

In short, it looks like peace of S#&$, doesn't make sense, makes any other movement useless.

I don't see how it makes any other movement useless. Anyone who uses a Loki could just use Maglev and Rush and be faster than most things. Anyone using Maglev at all is faster than most things. You say it makes any other movement useless but unless we're talking about the Fang Prime or the Dual Ichor, I'm pretty sure it makes the Melee worthless because of the amount of speed mods you need to put on it. 

It is problem because some players do not like the idea of rushing .In reality most players are fine with it and a vocal minority continues to air their grievance. 

I don't understand why the players who don't like rushing chime in, then. Mainly because it doesn't make sense to me, this whole game seems to capitalize on the speed of things. Especially missions like Rescue and Interception where being able to copter actually is kind of needed. 

Also, you have to run from corridor to corridor to corridor, endlessly. You're kind of supposed to rush. Staying in one tileset for long periods of time in anything that isn't defense is counter intuitive and... Well... Not what you're supposed to be doing. Survival being another exception because you have to stick around LS. But not really at the same time because killing enemies gets you life support and at times, you could kill enough enemies that you don't need to hit the large LS at all. 

This is also why we move in cells and not small armies of ten. A group of four people can move faster, and more quietly than ten. We're also to be taking advantage of this and being quick with our missions that aren't defense, survival, or interception.

i like it, so what if it looks kind of weird, it feels good to do it, and it's fun

I like that "feature" very helpfull and essential to cross big tiles or jump big gaps.

But, the "feature" is ugly, I don't even think it was made on purpose, you can see the frames feet glitch speedwalk into the air, there is no pose to the frame when they are speedcoptering, nor pose when they are still flying after the copter animation is finished, they all stand in air, or walk as if air walking.

But maybe the reason ppl don't like it, its cause it wasn't a planned feature, and they also might not like the rush that it allows.

If it looks like something reasonable sure. but as it stands I kinda don't like it.

I wouldn't mind if they did it like the Teleport function in Grandchase where almost all the classes have it for a short distance with a cooldown varying on class.

Because it looks ridiculous. I'd be fine if they made it an ascended exploit and gave it its own animation like with skiing in Tribes.

I'm very happy that I at least got a more reasonable response, as it looking ugly. I've never really cared how it looks and the only time I've done it was when I had a full Berserker stack and no enemies to kill, which is a common occurance on Sechura, Pluto at the end of a wave. 

But, that brings up a new question, what would everyone like it to look like? I know someone said "like skiing in Tribes" but I've never heard of such a game and I don't think our butt slides look much like skiing. 

But, that brings up a new question, what would everyone like it to look like? I know someone said "like skiing in Tribes" but I've never heard of such a game and I don't think our butt slides look much like skiing. 

That was just a comparison to another ascended exploit. In old tribes games you could spam the jetpack button and use it to ski down hills, and in new games they just let you hold a button to ski and they made it look cooler.

I'm not sure what they could make it look like, but the spin just looks weird. It doesn't make sense how spinning around could send you flying so violently.

I'm very happy that I at least got a more reasonable response, as it looking ugly. I've never really cared how it looks and the only time I've done it was when I had a full Berserker stack and no enemies to kill, which is a common occurance on Sechura, Pluto at the end of a wave. 

They could possibly take out the ability to do aerial slide attacks completely and create an aerial dash that would simulate the movement coptering can. Would look better, and could potentially be just as useful as well.

That was just a comparison to another ascended exploit. In old tribes games you could spam the jetpack button and use it to ski down hills, and in new games they just let you hold a button to ski and they made it look cooler.

I'm not sure what they could make it look like, but the spin just looks weird. It doesn't make sense how spinning around could send you flying so violently.

3439017-thor-s-gay-hammer-spin-o.gif

The funky animations are definitely a big part of the dislike, myself included. Also, the principal of flinging across massive spaces trivializes the importance of ninja-like mobility and means that we're perhaps even less likely to get superior mobility options or improved wallrunning.

Also, it's physically painful for me to execute repeatedly. I need to find a better control scheme than default, though.