Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who Misses Charge Attacks? Returning Confirmed-Edition + Poll

BoomToon43

To improve current melee 2.0. I would prefer a 2 button press combo system instead of timing(cause if feels awkward and changes with attack speed mods). The 2 Button press combo could be mapped to keys E and R. Also I think all stances should have a basic combo even when not equipped. The example of this would be Blind Justice stance mod. I think charge attacks would fit in the game in combos but I would prefer if it was only accessible in the middle of a combo and not just straight Charge and Release.

Also another change I would like to see is the ability to use single handed melee weapons along with single pistols. The penalty for being able to do this would remove the ability to channel because we all know you cannot channel with guns. '

Upvote, from a black guy. :)

When I heard that we'd get combos, I thought "Sweet! We'll switch to light/heavy input and also use these charge attacks that send people to the ceiling after some stylish chain of attacks!!Can't wait! :D"...

Hey, why not some specific combos for your second suggestion? I already imagine myself hittin' & clickin' (since channelling would be disabled) with a Marelok & a Skana in each hand.

Anyway D.E. , charge attacks + current system = more incentive to go sword alone! And you got 21 pages of people begging for it.

Edited by unknow99

Upvote, from a black guy. :)

When I heard that we'd get combos, I thought "Sweet! We'll switch to light/heavy input and also use these charge attacks that send people to the ceiling after some stylish chain of attacks!!Can't wait! :D"...

Hey, why not some specific combos for your second suggestion? I already imagine myself hittin' & clickin' (since channelling would be disabled) with a Marelok & a Skana in each hand.

Anyway D.E. , charge attacks + current system = more incentive to go sword alone! And you got 20 pages of people begging for it.

make that 21 Edited by BoomToon43

You done need to get rid of stances, make it so if you press + hold melee when NOT in stance mode you do a charge attack!

easy as that.

I would love you see the Galatine back in action.

I think this method of adding charge melee would please everyone, I know this would be easy to implement as DE would have all the old charge animations and everything else needed to put it back in game backed up somewhere, and you can already use the glaive like this.

what do you think of my idea?

(hope I didn't copy anyone I did not read much of the replies to this post)

"but takes away energy channeling" ????

Was that supposed to be a negative thing? xD

Yes, gimme that mod, channeling is a waist of energy, non necessary feature.

(even with all its damage multipliers, i don't want channeling at all)

"but takes away energy channeling" ????

Was that supposed to be a negative thing? xD

Yes, gimme that mod, channeling is a waist of energy, non necessary feature.

(even with all its damage multipliers, i don't want channeling at all)

For the sake of continuity, let's keep the topics of "Are charge attacks good/bad, why or why not?" and "Is channeling/combos good/bad why or why not?" because obviously of course, they are inherently different. Most of the misconceptions that have sprouted in this thread and others like it have been cause by the melding of concepts that are not and should not be conjoined when weighing their pros and cons.

You done need to get rid of stances, make it so if you press + hold melee when NOT in stance mode you do a charge attack!

easy as that.

I think this method of adding charge melee would please everyone, I know this would be easy to implement as DE would have all the old charge animations and everything else needed to put it back in game backed up somewhere, and you can already use the glaive like this.

I agree

It's an extra salt in the wound that the Chargeattacks are gone... but not for the Glaives and the Redeemer. What's stopping DE from just simply adding Chargeattack as is? Make them scale with Pressure Point etc for damage and Fury etc for chargespeed. Seriously, what's the problem? Everybody wins!

It's an extra salt in the wound that the Chargeattacks are gone... but not for the Glaives and the Redeemer. What's stopping DE from just simply adding Chargeattack as is? Make them scale with Pressure Point etc for damage and Fury etc for chargespeed. Seriously, what's the problem? Everybody wins!

It's probably because some things would be do powerful. Right now, My Galatine Averages 25k with no headshot crit not channeling, around 37k with channeling and if I was allowed to charge, which I'm pretty sure doubles damage, I'd be hitting 74k crits. And then you factor in the combo system multipliers, it'd be ridiculous. 

That and all of the charging you're seeing is just the melee weapons secondary ability, not an actual charge attack. You charge the redeemer to shoot and you charge the glaive and I believe the Kestrel, to throw them.

Edited by (PS4)theelix

Whoa its getting out of hand. It was an option. In all honesty, it's a good idea.

Another thing. Yes holding a key causes a combo. Why not rebind it(I hate the holding key or pausing idea, it's unnatural for me)? If any of these changes ever take place that is. DE rarely takes back their word.

It's probably because some things would be do powerful. Right now, My Galatine Averages 25k with no headshot crit not channeling, around 37k with channeling and if I was allowed to charge, which I'm pretty sure doubles damage, I'd be hitting 74k crits. And then you factor in the combo system multipliers, it'd be ridiculous. 

That and all of the charging you're seeing is just the melee weapons secondary ability, not an actual charge attack. You charge the redeemer to shoot and you charge the glaive and I believe the Kestrel, to throw them.

Which is why i said on the front page that any weapon with 101-290(Galatine 115) base would have a 1.5 multiplier and would take away your channeling abilities( the fan made mod) making your 25k a 37,500, Look familiar? and the glaive "throw attack" is a charge attack, DE just left it in because they thought the glaives would lose their unique-ness if they took it away, but your right about the redeemer, never has been. 

Oh and btw the stance multipliers are only on that certain attack, meaning the 3x mulitplier on cleaving whirlwind' broken bull attack would not effect your damage while charging at all.

Edited by BoomToon43

easy as that.

I love this because it's too damn simple.

Why complicate, when stuff can be easy, very good idea.

+1

easy as that.

Frikkin brilliant, love it.

#DEPls

Anyway, yeah, we need charge attacks back... how come we still got no mods say a word here...? or did we get any and I missed it...?

• 3 weeks later...

The Redeemer's "charge shot" really feels like a charge attack, it gives that same feel of charging up you melee weapon then knocking your enemy to the other side of the room!

this is exactly why so many ppl dont understand why DE removed charge attacks for all melee when they introduced channeling =/

the throwing melee and the new gunblade still have the charge attack, there is no good reason why other melee can't still have theirs

this is exactly why so many ppl dont understand why DE removed charge attacks for all melee when they introduced channeling =/

the throwing melee and the new gunblade still have the charge attack, there is no good reason why other melee can't still have theirs

I agree 110%

naaah, that would be very bad, because ppl would ignore what they already ignoring, using melee mode and channeling xD

You're assuming people don't use heavy weapons or use Melee only, which I do. 

The only way I found it possible to survive the Mutalist incursion event was to use a Melee to get rid of the various debuffs and leeches and to life strike my health back as it was lost and gained via Rage + Quick Thinking + Radial Blind + Redeemer Shotgun blast to the face. It worked pretty damn well, in case you were wondering.