Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Loki Prime Could Kinda Use A Model Rework

Nazder

Because Loki primes model is fantastic and should be left alone. 

I think you might want to try rereading my post. I am asking for Loki Prime to be "polished" since some of his parts are a tad sloppy. Other than that I do agree that Loki Prime looks amazing :D

Actually if you inspect every other prime frame you can see that the new "prime/gold" parts are actually put directly into the warframe. Loki only has a base model that they put additional parts onto. Much like normal armor for every other frame.

I'd love to see some visual comparisons. It would strengthen the value of this thread.

Nope. Loki Prime is actually a good design compared to how ugly they made the other Primes.

They started getting it right with Ember Prime.

Then kinda lost it on Rhino Prime, then got back on Loki Prime.

I am confused as to whether you are disagreeing with me or agreeing with me XD

Personally I think its some visual errors that I cant put my finger on.  I see sometimes that the elbow spike on one of his arms is detached from his model in the arsenal but it magically seems to snap back into place in a mission (I've tried to see if it was still detached and I couldn't see it in the mission).  Clipping issues for accessories and weapons could be looked at though. I can't recall any other major visual hiccup that said I haven't looked very hard.

About prime pieces just being added onto the model isn't entirely true being you can actually remove frosts shoulder misters and embers leg design. Its works under the armor accessory system.

Personally I think its some visual errors that I cant put my finger on.  I see sometimes that the elbow spike on one of his arms is detached from his model in the arsenal but it magically seems to snap back into place in a mission (I've tried to see if it was still detached and I couldn't see it in the mission).  Clipping issues for accessories and weapons could be looked at though. I can't recall any other major visual hiccup that said I haven't looked very hard.

About prime pieces just being added onto the model isn't entirely true being you can actually remove frosts shoulder misters and embers leg design. Its works under the armor accessory system.

Oh yes I understand that. What I meant is that Loki Prime specifically the only frame with no actually 'prime parts" embedded into the original Loki model. Other than that I do agree with you. 

Nope. Loki Prime is actually a good design compared to how ugly they made the other Primes.

They started getting it right with Ember Prime.

Then kinda lost it on Rhino Prime, then got back on Loki Prime.

You and everyone else not actually reading the contents of OP's post need to stop taking part in discussions on this forum if this is as much effort as you're willing to give to actually paying attention to what's being said.

You and everyone else not actually reading the contents of OP's post need to stop taking part in discussions on this forum if this is as much effort as you're willing to give to actually paying attention to what's being said.

Yeah. Allot of off topic and non-productive discussions have been produced from people jumping to conclusions and wanting to voice their own thoughts more than read the post. 

((Loki's model could use some touch ups itself btw.)) 

They started doing what OP points out very early on actually. Most of the gold on the other primes are in places that are natural 'accessories' to the frame. With Loki and Rhino Prime they're just a bit more apparent because the changes are larger. Most of Mag Primes gold is replacing the uncolourable metal parts of Mag, or replaces spots that were just colourable stripes, very little of it is actually a change to the base, they are additions or replacements, but not changes. Most changes are inlaid in to parts that already existed on the base. No prime models are actually altered in shape from their non prime. Additions are added, pieces over written, but the basic model remains the same. The only one is Ember Prime's thigh flames, and even then, those are more like 'accessories' than part of the base model. 

I think you might want to try rereading my post. I am asking for Loki Prime to be "polished" since some of his parts are a tad sloppy. Other than that I do agree that Loki Prime looks amazing :D

I think you might want to revise the title for the thread.

Edit-> Use full editor. 

Edited by Plasmaface

I don't even have Loki nor am i a fan of him. But i won't deny that up to date, Loki Prime is the best looking prime frame. If DE changed the way he looked would be somewhat of a letdown. Especially for the Loki fans. But i don't know anything about any messed up meshes with the armor, but if they are slightly out of place then i don't see why it shouldn't be fixed.

Edited by Shad0wWatcher

Agreed. I might post this again in a few days or a week with a new title. Maybe then people would be more willing to read it.

Please tell me why you disagree so I can understand :D

Just FYI, If I recall correctly, if you go to your OP, and click edit, then "more options" you can change the title that way. No need to repost.

I'm sorry I was so vague and didn't go into specific details to make people like you understand better.

I thought it was obvious.

Like I said, Loki Prime in my opinion looks fine.

It is Prime variant of Loki, not an entirely new frame. 

So yes of course they will have the original frame as a base.

I really like Loki Prime's design, but I am getting really tired of Warframes with meshes that cause clipping issues with sidearms, and Loki Prime's thigh armor (or whatever it is) is a massive clip-fest.  There are like maybe 5 sidearms that look okay with it, and two of them (the Kunai and Despair) are tolerable only because they clip cleaning into the thigh geometry.

Seriously, his thighs need rework, and Ember Prime's thighs need to be reworked so that the sidearm openings in her thigh cages don't clip into half the sidearms, and ... just... everything needs to be a lot more clipping-conscious.  It's a real eyesore.

• 2 weeks later...

the leg pads alone are a glaring  cliping issue  ; plus they don't even work with the immortal skin . Which really disinclines  people from buying / using that skin . they need to be  shrink down a bit  

The lines and seems need more work too, it does feel like he could use some touching up