Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Braton Prime

adarazrad

It's an old weapon and has pretty much been left behind by events. It could stand a significant buff, similar to what the Latron Prime got.

Still, it's one of my favorite guns and does well enough under most circumstances.

Get 4-5 forma in it and it's perfectly capable of T3 and T4, as long as you don't push the mob scaling too far. Without Banshee, the limit seems to be around lvl 50ish. At that point, you start having serious ammo problems, which indicates your damage has hit the wall.

Personally, I think it could stand a buff in status effect, and about a 20% bump in base damage with its present damage mix. That would move it more in line with the Burston Prime and Latron Prime in sustained damage.

Give it 2 innate polarity slots and a DPS increase so it is a least has more potential than just being a shinny gun

Too late to give it more polarities unless they plan to refund forma for everyone that already put some into it.

I'm not gonna argue what the buffs should be like. Ultimately, it's their choice. Personally I think the weapon is a middle ground type, it's average...which doesn't feel befitting of a Prime weapon.

But I do agree that this weapon needs to be improved.

I'm not gonna argue what the buffs should be like. Ultimately, it's their choice. Personally I think the weapon is a middle ground type, it's average...which doesn't feel befitting of a Prime weapon.

But I do agree that this weapon needs to be improved.

No it doesnt deserve to be a prime

Braton Prime is a dismemberment tool more than anything else (good for Nekros). With 5 forma good enough for T4 void non-endless missions.

Since braton prime is a tradeoff and almost no improved braton, pretty much all braton prime does braton do too

While I don't really have problems with inequality between weapons, there really should be some measure of correlation between overall weapon usefulness and price/difficulty of acquisition.

e.g: Braton P. vs Karak --> the Karak is slightly better raw dps wise, but easier/cheaper to get by miles

Braton P. vs Boltor Prime --> while mostly equally difficult to aquire the gap between their performance is just astronomical

also, already seen many topic like this & yeah as braton user i feel bit "lacking" prime latency for braton prime...

but every single time, is there any mega thread for prime weapon wish & hope. though there already too many thread about power up braton & some "butthurt" people not means to offense, say nerf boltor prime & upgrade the braton prime. i know this feel since i have both weapon,boltor > 2forma + potatoed = truck, while braton need a long longgggg longgg farm to get around 4 forma at least + potatoed which need 6 forma & potato to be a true truck. but well i still love the classic of this weapon & the sound of'course. maybe DE should reconsider balancing the prime power for this weapon

Here's a thought...the Braton Prime is supposed to be a better Braton and the Braton is a generalist assault rifle, right? So give the Prime 10 Impact, 10 Puncture and 10 Slash, buff the critical chance and critical multiplier a little and done. 

It wouldn't outclass other Primed primaries but it would certainly outshine the regular Braton.

Here's a thought...the Braton Prime is supposed to be a better Braton and the Braton is a generalist assault rifle, right? So give the Prime 10 Impact, 10 Puncture and 10 Slash, buff the critical chance and critical multiplier a little and done. 

It wouldn't outclass other Primed primaries but it would certainly outshine the regular Braton.

Sounds nice but still.... braton PRIME it should be mid or high tier not a " barely made it " mid tier

Sounds nice but still.... braton PRIME it should be mid or high tier not a " barely made it " mid tier

I figured the same deal, but take the numbers and even them out to the slash damage number. It's funny because the weapon has a slightly similar stat layout as the Mk1 Braton, with slash damage as primary.

The thing is that the Braton Prime is supposed to be a reasonable upgrade over the regular Braton. Let's compare the two - Prime first.

Accuracy: 28.6

Impact damage: 1.3

Puncture damage: 8.8

Slash damage: 15

Crit chance: 10%

Crit damage: 150%

Status chance: 10%

ROF: 8.8

Magazine: 50

Impact damage: 6.6

Puncture damage: 6.6

Slash damage: 6.8

Status chance: 5%

Magazine: 45

So we see slightly better puncture damage, definitely better slash, 5 more rounds in the magazine and slightly better status chance...but a massive hit in terms of impact damage. Yet the Braton Prime is supposed to be the original weapon...with the regular Braton being the latest and somewhat inferior attempt at copying it. 

At the very least, buffing the Braton Prime's Impact damage to 8.8 and Crit chance to 15% is in order.

The thing is that the Braton Prime is supposed to be a reasonable upgrade over the regular Braton. Let's compare the two - Prime first.

Impact damage: 1.3

Puncture damage: 8.8

Slash damage: 15

Status chance: 10%

Magazine: 50

Impact damage: 6.6

Puncture damage: 6.6

Slash damage: 6.8

Status chance: 5%

Magazine: 45

So we see slightly better puncture damage, definitely better slash, 5 more rounds in the magazine and slightly better status chance...but a massive hit in terms of impact damage. Yet the Braton Prime is supposed to be the original weapon...with the regular Braton being the latest and somewhat inferior attempt at copying it. 

At the very least, buffing the Braton Prime's Impact damage to 8.8 and Crit chance to 15% is in order.

Agreed, but I'd ilke to see it at least 15x3, 15 crit and 15 status. Reload speed is at 2.0 and accuracy is at 40. It's somewhat ambiguous exactly how much of an upgrade the term "Prime" actually means because of the wild fluctuations of its implementation. Case in point is the glaive and glaive prime - only 0.20 attack speed difference between them. Then we compare the Boltor and Boltor Prime with the tremendous change there, it seems helter-skelter how things are set up at this time.

I'm assuming the Braton Prime is supposed to be the "entry" class of Orokin weaponry? If so, then its parts need to be more easily attainable and its manufacturing requirements sharply reduced to justify its stats.

Agreed, but I'd ilke to see it at least 15x3, 15 crit and 15 status. Reload speed is at 2.0 and accuracy is at 40. It's somewhat ambiguous exactly how much of an upgrade the term "Prime" actually means because of the wild fluctuations of its implementation. Case in point is the glaive and glaive prime - only 0.20 attack speed difference between them. Then we compare the Boltor and Boltor Prime with the tremendous change there, it seems helter-skelter how things are set up at this time.

I'm assuming the Braton Prime is supposed to be the "entry" class of Orokin weaponry? If so, then its parts need to be more easily attainable and its manufacturing requirements sharply reduced to justify its stats.

15x3 would be awsome, not OP like boltor but good enough to be playable