Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Add Punching

Eggs-DE-

The new Tactical Alerts have a conclave limit, right? With a warframe and a single weapon is the only way for me to under 700 C if I wanted to keep my beloved Guardian mod employing carrier. I decided to bring the Nekros I was still leveling and my beloved Dread. I haven't forma'd the Dread enough to get the mainstream optimal dps whatnots so it took 2 shots to kill a Fire Hyena. The Dread uses 72 sniper ammo so when there were more than 90 I would have to pick some up, but it's the rarest pickup. 

So at 90/110 enemies killed I ran out and ran around the map trying to find a purple box. I found one. That gives me ten ammo but I already saw three Hyenas while I was running around so it wouldn't be enough. I spammed soul punch as long as I could and while looking for more. There were the rectangular prism boxes everywhere, but I had absolutely no way of breaking them open so I had to just settle for the ten lockers that dropped zero sniper boxes. 

At the end I soul punched a moa that dropped a sniper box and finished the mission. 

What I kept thinking was that DE ought to implement a punch for players not using a melee weapon. Without a skill shot warframe ability you literally have no way to open a box. The punch doesn't have to do much damage. I just want a way to open breakable boxes.

That's weird, because when you get kidnapped by the Harvester and have to escape from Alad V, you start out running around with just your fists for fighting. It's pretty weak compared to any melee weapon, but you can still hit things. You'd think it would be easy to add that into the game.

Yup to above.

Ammo restores.

Equip a cheap melee weapon with no mods just to pop boxes. 

Would be cool to get a kubrow/sentinel mod where they'd hunt breakables and pop them all for you, maybe grab what comes out and bring it do you.

You might be able to jump kick boxes. When you jump and then slide your character goes into a feet-first jump kick type animation. This actually has attack properties. You can knock enemies over with it. Very useful for Grineer Heavies that will do their ground slam if you just walk up cold. Easy setup for finishers without needing to parry. I can't remember ever trying to break a box with it and I'm at work where I can't test the theory. 

Disclaimer: I've been inactive and haven't done it in a while, may not work anymore.

The new Tactical Alerts have a conclave limit, right? With a warframe and a single weapon is the only way for me to under 700 C if I wanted to keep my beloved Guardian mod employing carrier. I decided to bring the Nekros I was still leveling and my beloved Dread. I haven't forma'd the Dread enough to get the mainstream optimal dps whatnots so it took 2 shots to kill a Fire Hyena. The Dread uses 72 sniper ammo so when there were more than 90 I would have to pick some up, but it's the rarest pickup. 

So at 90/110 enemies killed I ran out and ran around the map trying to find a purple box. I found one. That gives me ten ammo but I already saw three Hyenas while I was running around so it wouldn't be enough. I spammed soul punch as long as I could and while looking for more. There were the rectangular prism boxes everywhere, but I had absolutely no way of breaking them open so I had to just settle for the ten lockers that dropped zero sniper boxes. 

At the end I soul punched a moa that dropped a sniper box and finished the mission. 

What I kept thinking was that DE ought to implement a punch for players not using a melee weapon. Without a skill shot warframe ability you literally have no way to open a box. The punch doesn't have to do much damage. I just want a way to open breakable boxes.

Use "dragon kicks." Sliding while in mid air causes you to to kick and knock enemies down, dealing small damage. 

The lack of this also surprised me when unequipping things became a possibility, as this had already been implemented in-game beforehand, in the Escape mission you get sent to when you lose to the Zanuka Hunter thingie. As far as I know, it should be nearly effortless to make it standard, with no real downside. It's not like you'll be killing much of anything without a stealth attack, and many enemies will survive that as well.

Punching would have to be for utility more than it is for actually attacking. As in punching would do little to no damage.

It should do a minimum amount of damage, even if it means to do Skana-level damage. Even in the Profit trailer, Rhino uses his fist to destroy things. That aspect is almost promoted in a sense, so why not just go with it? The assets are here already.

Edited by Casardis

The lack of this also surprised me when unequipping things became a possibility, as this had already been implemented in-game beforehand, in the Escape mission you get sent to when you lose to the Zanuka Hunter thingie. As far as I know, it should be nearly effortless to make it standard, with no real downside. It's not like you'll be killing much of anything without a stealth attack, and many enemies will survive that as well.

It would still require debugging, which takes time.  The game appears to be growing much faster than DE can accommodate so as time goes on developer response time gets more and more lethargic on average.  Features like this go on the backburner to keep things as on-schedule as possible.

It should do a minimum amount of damage, even if it means to do Skana-level damage. Even in the Profit trailer, Rhino uses his fist to destroy things. That aspect is almost promoted in a sense, so why not just go with it? The assets are here already.

Well, they did intend on adding a fist weapon for Rhino in the trailer, Ankyros if i'm not mistaken. But it didn't fit well with the trailer so DE went with unarmed Rhino instead.

Well, they did intend on adding a fist weapon for Rhino in the trailer, Ankyros if i'm not mistaken. But it didn't fit well with the trailer so DE went with unarmed Rhino instead.

I know, but what's done is done. And when I said "assets" I'm talking about the fact that you use Kogake's basic, stanceless attacks if you get captured by Zanuka Hunter. THAT'S what can be reused.

Edited by Casardis

Release a skin for fist and sparring weapons that renders the weapon models invisible.

Problem solved.

Does not in any way simulate the mechanics of having no melee weapon equipped. Would defeat the purpose of having no melee weapon. You generally unequip your melee weapon for two reasons: To give more affinity to some thing else, or to reduce conclave rating. Having a fist or sparring weapon does not accomplish either of those things. Problem not solved.