The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 14.5 - It's Here Edition

Letter13

*Emergency hype breaks*

Whoa-whoa-whoa, sloooow down.

My rody is beady.

But where's U14.3? ;"D

They don't go in order. >.> (i know your joking but this joke has gotten old)

It doesn't matter the DE could release U15 right now if they wanted to... even though its not finished. XD

Yes, it would. I personally think it's a bit too soon for 14.5, though it brings to question why there's 14.5 info being dropped on the twitter this early (assuming it isn't coming this week).

maybe it's just to start hype and/or to remind people of the awesome things coming OR to tell people who didn't know that 14.5 will have awesome things

Wouldnt they be skipping 14.3 and 14.4 if they did

They have a few times in the past. Not a huge deciding factor.

Tenno Winter Olympics will be added soon. Also Swimming and Bikini contest when underwater tile comes.

Nyx/Saryn/Ember/Valkyr bikini skins confirmed.

this week? you nu..... wait... kay... but we didn't even have 14.3 and 14.4 yet...

I know that they can skip these.... it seems strange tho.

On the other hand, hype is never bad If you know how to hype!

also... will there be an event?

Edited by WEREsandrock

Guys just FYI. Updates do not go like this: 14.1 14.2 14.3 14.4 14.5 14.6 14.7 14.8 14.9 15.0 < That is not how it works. Updates don't go in order.

The . is just for the DE to delay between Major updates, like a trump card to keep us from complaining about not getting U15 yet.

The DE could skip to U20 right now if they had it or wanted to. :P They just like having Room to put little updates to prepare the community and the server for the next major update.

Eh

I'd be more hyped if this also included new gameplay elements... Just adding snow to things isnt really that exciting.

i think there are new gameplay mechanics with this one, such as losing shields when outside and regenerating them inside. idk thats what i heard but i could be wrong, i think it's supposed to add a little more challenge or something and plus where not sure what else is supposed to be released with 14.5 so HYPE

Premature I'd say. I think we're in for another reinforcements this wednesday.

Didn't watch Tennolive at Gamescom I guess?

I did. It's still nothing special. The tileset system doesn't allow for much artistic creativity or freedom. You essentially end up with the same thing every tile set asides from different textures, different enemies and different geometry. 

They don't go in order. >.> (i know your joking but this joke has gotten old)

It doesn't matter the DE could release U15 right now if they wanted to... even though its not finished. XD

Yep, just joking. But i'm really surpised, thought there will be another hot-fix/update, heheh.

You essentially end up with the same thing every tile set asides from different textures, different enemies and different geometry. 

But isn't that the case with pretty much every map in every game ever? I mean you can make the same argument for every single 3D game. Ever.