Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Are We Still Unable To De-Rank Mods?

fortris

DE mentioned this a long time ago in a livestream, around U10. It doesn't make sense to force the player to keep duplicates of mods they've already leveled up in order to fit them into other builds. Why not just add a slider/button system for selecting what mod power you want per mod?

main reason is: it's a waste of Mods, credits, Etc.

i mean do you know how many fusion core and credits you loose by De-Ranking heavy caliber. A LOT. that also means ALL your weapons loose that bonus, not just one. and what do you do when you want to re-rank it, it will take all those credits and fusion cores you just lost. and if you really just want to fit in more mods, then just forma  the weapon, it's simple. i'm not insulting nor criticizing , but those are the reasons.

i mean do you know how many fusion core and credits you loose by De-Ranking heavy caliber. A LOT. that also means ALL your weapons loose that bonus, not just one. and what do you do when you want to re-rank it, it will take all those credits and fusion cores you just lost. and if you really just want to fit in more mods, then just forma  the weapon, it's simple. i'm not insulting nor criticizing , but those are the reasons.

uhh you do know I'm not saying the mod would lose it's rank right? You could just use a lesser version of it at will.

What you said is way worse than the current system.

Then there are some people who want that choice and don't care about losing say one rank in a mod and a small percentage bonus...if it means they can squeeze said mod onto a favorite weapon. Being able to de-rank a mod for some situations - like say if you want a particular mod on a new weapon you're ranking - could be immensely useful.

I really like the idea of a variable slider for mods. This naturally would be balanced by having the slider only go back up as high as you have the mod ranked of course. There's no waste of cores or credits...because you've already made the investment to get it ranked up to a given level. A slider just makes managing mods easier - negating the need to have different rankings of the same mod to accommodate weapons and frames of differing levels and alleviating needless clutter in your mod inventory.

Then there are some people who want that choice and don't care about losing say one rank in a mod and a small percentage bonus...if it means they can squeeze said mod onto a favorite weapon. Being able to de-rank a mod for some situations - like say if you want a particular mod on a new weapon you're ranking - could be immensely useful.

I really like the idea of a variable slider for mods. This naturally would be balanced by having the slider only go back up as high as you have the mod ranked of course. There's no waste of cores or credits...because you've already made the investment to get it ranked up to a given level. A slider just makes managing mods easier - negating the need to have different rankings of the same mod to accommodate weapons and frames of differing levels and alleviating needless clutter in your mod inventory.

Yep, definitely agree. I'd like to derank my max lifestrike to where it won't eat so much energy per hit, but I do not want to buy another one.

frankly, i presume that it hasn't happened yet because that shortens the play length leash of the player. it being convenient to have several copies of each Mod at varying levels gives players more to do.

whether or not you want to do that, doesn't change the fact that having the option to does increase the amount of goals players can set for themselves.

and if someone wishes to argue about that 'grind' being awful and how they shouldn't have to do it and how Warframe is so terrible and how it's the grindiest game you've ever played, i'll kindly shoot you down harder than a Surface to Air Missile equipped with a SCRAMjet.

but i'd rather not spend a long time explaining how every Video Game is 100% grind and that they completely rely on it.

anyways, while it could be convenient to be able to adjust your Mod levels... the problem well, IS pretty much solved by the fact that you can have as many separate copies of a Mod that you want. it's not the fastest solution, but it's one that's always existed. and i can understand that it could be at near the bottom of the priority list due to the already existing 'solution'.

i've got several copies of most Mods at varying levels, for flexibility. hell, i've still got like, 15 copies of Split Chamber from before Mods were shared between your Equipment.

so i solved my problem by having extra copies of each Mod. while other people would say "i'm gonna switch frames, hang on, gimme a few minues", i'd say "i'm gonna switch frames, alright, let's go".

this is off topic but you have lots of posts

Archistopheles lives here.

frankly, i presume that it hasn't happened yet because that shortens the play length leash of the player. it being convenient to have several copies of each Mod at varying levels gives players more to do.

whether or not you want to do that, doesn't change the fact that having the option to does increase the amount of goals players can set for themselves.

and if someone wishes to argue about that 'grind' being awful and how they shouldn't have to do it and how Warframe is so terrible and how it's the grindiest game you've ever played, i'll kindly shoot you down harder than a Surface to Air Missile equipped with a SCRAMjet.

but i'd rather not spend a long time explaining how every Video Game is 100% grind and that they completely rely on it.

anyways, while it could be convenient to be able to adjust your Mod levels... the problem well, IS pretty much solved by the fact that you can have as many separate copies of a Mod that you want. it's not the fastest solution, but it's one that's always existed. and i can understand that it could be at near the bottom of the priority list due to the already existing 'solution'.

i've got several copies of most Mods at varying levels, for flexibility. hell, i've still got like, 15 copies of Split Chamber from before Mods were shared between your Equipment.

so i solved my problem by having extra copies of each Mod. while other people would say "i'm gonna switch frames, hang on, gimme a few minues", i'd say "i'm gonna switch frames, alright, let's go".

Archistopheles lives here.

ok this is going to sound rude but, not many human beings have this much spare time to waste on a game. Simple as that.

I understand it gives more to do when you're reached that ridiculously high level of game time, but most people do not play NEARLY this much.

not many human beings have this much spare time to waste on a game.

I understand it gives more to do when you're reached that ridiculously high level of game time, but most people do not play NEARLY this much.

*shrugs* the way i see it, by the time you want to have several copies of a Mod that's a lengthy process to Rank, you're already an Armchair General.

having a dozen copies of a 5 Rank Mod isn't a big deal, but the 10 Rank ones, yeah, that's some play investment.

but, i get that the reason why it's still a thing is probably to give players more to do - and no, not just armchair generals. anyone.

players can(and must) set their own goals. if it's a players' Priority 1 to have 3 copies of Serration leveled, sobeit. they set a goal for themselves. they don't need to be 'done' with the game to set a goal for themselves.

as for your first point - that's great! that means you'll always have somewhere to go. the journey should be just as enjoyable regardless of what your personal goal is.

to continue of off my last post, really the solution has almost always been forma, i feel most of these complaints are that they have 1 more mod capacity point off to add the mod and their frustrated. i understand that, forma-ing weapons can be quite hard, but life ain't easy, and don't expect it to be different in games, at least the ones where you try in. and as far as not needing much of a stat (example: i have fleeting expertise 1 form the top and a 3 from the top continuity on nyx so i can get chaos to last just around 15 secs, which is just what i need)  almost all of the essential mods arent hard to get, ive had 5 copies of intensify so far, 4 continuity, 5 streamline and 6 flow. it's pretty much a case of "you gotta work for what you want", so my suggestion is to simply adapt, it's a lot easier than trying to change a system for just 1 little thing when you already have 2 answers, albeit bothersome (but still easier than changing the mod system).

Edited by zuperkid

to continue of off my last post, really the solution has almost always been forma, i feel most of these complaints are that they have 1 more mod capacity point off to add the mod and their frustrated. i understand that, forma-ing weapons can be quite hard, but life ain't easy, and don't expect it to be different in games, at least the ones where you try in. and as far as not needing much of a stat (example: i have fleeting expertise 1 form the top and a 3 from the top continuity on nyx so i can get chaos to last just around 15 secs, which is just what i need)  almost all of the essential mods arent hard to get, ive had 5 copies of intensify so far, 4 continuity, 5 streamline and 6 flow. it's pretty much a case of "you gotta work for what you want", so my suggestion is to simply adapt, it's a lot easier than trying to change a system for just 1 little thing when you already have 2 answers, albeit bothersome (but still easier than changing the mod system).

That's a dumb answer with flawed reasoning and long run-on sentences. It's just a bad system, I don't care how farm oriented the game is, it's a bad design choice.

DE mentioned this a long time ago in a livestream, around U10. It doesn't make sense to force the player to keep duplicates of mods they've already leveled up in order to fit them into other builds. Why not just add a slider/button system for selecting what mod power you want per mod?

Doing this would be very bothersome and detrimental to the game, as you've already had the same mod on multiple weapons, unranking one mod for one build would unrank it not only on the builds you currently have on that item, but also on all other items that mod is equipped to. Not to mention, the costs for these are high in the case of R10 mods, and would severely annoy people if they had to go back into each weapon everytime they need a certain build, to change it back to another level. Remember that once you've changed that mod to said level, you're going to lose out on your other builds or change their performance.

This also comes down to mod number caps, and how they'd be thrown totally out of whack if something like this were to happen. Having all your mods in place, you notice Serration sits at R10 but is one mod point over for the build you want, so you bring it down to R9 so that it fits. When you change to another primary that can use Serration, and want the R10 Serration back, you'd then have to re-input credits and fusion cores (or if in the case that once it's ranked up, you can freely move between ranks already set, boost it back up), but the system would not allow you to get it to R10 because it is currently equipped on a weapon that has a maxed mod point at 60, with the R9 Serration.

From a Trading standpoint, this would also nullify the purpose of farming for mods, as once you've gotten the mod, the others you need wouldn't matter, and the market would be flooded with all the same mods. No one would buy because they already have one of those mods, so what's the point of having another? The market would fall through and trade would be dead.

Doing this would be very bothersome and detrimental to the game, as you've already had the same mod on multiple weapons, unranking one mod for one build would unrank it not only on the builds you currently have on that item, but also on all other items that mod is equipped to. Not to mention, the costs for these are high in the case of R10 mods, and would severely annoy people if they had to go back into each weapon everytime they need a certain build, to change it back to another level. Remember that once you've changed that mod to said level, you're going to lose out on your other builds or change their performance.

This also comes down to mod number caps, and how they'd be thrown totally out of whack if something like this were to happen. Having all your mods in place, you notice Serration sits at R10 but is one mod point over for the build you want, so you bring it down to R9 so that it fits. When you change to another primary that can use Serration, and want the R10 Serration back, you'd then have to re-input credits and fusion cores (or if in the case that once it's ranked up, you can freely move between ranks already set, boost it back up), but the system would not allow you to get it to R10 because it is currently equipped on a weapon that has a maxed mod point at 60, with the R9 Serration.

From a Trading standpoint, this would also nullify the purpose of farming for mods, as once you've gotten the mod, the others you need wouldn't matter, and the market would be flooded with all the same mods. No one would buy because they already have one of those mods, so what's the point of having another? The market would fall through and trade would be dead.

What in the bloody hell are you talking about? You wouldn't need to re-rank the mod? Just adjust the slider per build? Once you've ranked the mod, you have access to all the levels you've reached before, it'd be asinine to permanently derank it.

99% of trading is for mods people do not posses or need a duplicate of for their sentinel. 

Yes, but this still doesn't account for the fact that the ranks on the mod would be horrid to manage on multiple items at once. Say you have a Rank 10 Serration on your Boltor, Soma, Penta, and Paris Prime, but want to equip it onto your Dread. You won't be able to equip it because the Rank 10 Serration takes up 14 Mod Points, and your Dread Build only allows for 12 more to be added. If you lower the Serration to Rank 8 just for it to be able to fit on your Dread, you'd also be lowering it's rank across all your other Primaries that carry Serration on them. As such, your Boltor, Soma, Penta, and Paris Prime all lose damage output because the mod has changed ranks on one weapon alone.

Unless, you're suggesting having adjusting a mod one weapon only affects its rank on said weapon/warframe? And leaves all other builds untouched?

They did? I asked for this since they added the ranking mods and from what i can remember they just told us to pick up more mods.

Cause, really, if we just needed on mod the whole mod system would pretty much collapse.

Yes, but this still doesn't account for the fact that the ranks on the mod would be horrid to manage on multiple items at once. Say you have a Rank 10 Serration on your Boltor, Soma, Penta, and Paris Prime, but want to equip it onto your Dread. You won't be able to equip it because the Rank 10 Serration takes up 14 Mod Points, and your Dread Build only allows for 12 more to be added. If you lower the Serration to Rank 8 just for it to be able to fit on your Dread, you'd also be lowering it's rank across all your other Primaries that carry Serration on them. As such, your Boltor, Soma, Penta, and Paris Prime all lose damage output because the mod has changed ranks on one weapon alone.

Unless, you're suggesting having adjusting a mod one weapon only affects its rank on said weapon/warframe? And leaves all other builds untouched?

It would have to work like this because it's the only way that makes sense.

Yeah pretty much. I don't know why adjusting the mod would affect other weapons, clearly you'd want the maximum rank on others since you bothered to level it. Maybe that's why they haven't implemented it yet? Either way I'm wasting way too many cores and have way too much clutter in my inventory and hope it's implemented soon.