Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Latron Wraith Feedback (Designated Megathread)

Netheroc

You know with the idea of how much damage it outputs wouldn't the logic of oh, if you're good with aim the wraith would be better right? I don't find that that is true, the fact is is that dps is counted as a consistent hit I believe right? Therefore, if you are constantly hitting body shots and compare two weapons wouldn't it be like you're comparing it to constant head shots with the same two weapons?

A thought of logic when I concern myself with damage numbers.

The main problem of people questioning whether or not it's good or bad is they are comparing it to the wrong weapon.

It is not supposed to be an upgrade over prime. It's a middle ground version of the Latron.

Latron, Latron Wraith, Latron Prime

If that last statement you said is true, then why are people saying Latron Wraith outDPSes Latron Prime?

- Honest question, I can see how I look like I'm instigating something, but really, I don't theorycraft and I definitely do have to say the Latron Wraith is quite strong for a Wraith.

As much as I love my shock donger Prova Vandal, it's not really that useful. Meanwhile, Latron Wraith is *gasp* actually pretty bloody good if you ask me. Especially for a free, pre-catalyzed, Wraith variant with a free weapon slot.

Edited by Arabaxus

Mine isn't fully ranked yet but I was really surprised how well it performed.

I agree. Dex Furis and Prova Vandal also fall into the same category as the Latron Wraith, but hey, the day I got Dex Furis, I never stopped using it. And Prova Vandal, that 100% guarantee that you will proc with electricity, talk about stun locking the enemy and just taking out their health nice and easy.

For some strange reason, I enjoy using weird weapons that people normally wouldn't use. Talk about being unique. I am even willing to put my Dragon Nikana aside for a while until a new, stronger melee weapon comes out and in the mean time just run around with the Prova Vandal.

Dex Furis...You are serious?

These pistols can rip almost everything in less than 2 seconds, i killed Phorid within 3 seconds with them.

I imagine the Latron Wraith will have its own fan-following just like the Latron Prime, especially considering that the Latron Wraith seems to be slightly better in terms of dps, while lagging behind slightly in terms of proc chance. If you're the type to reliably headshot enemies at higher levels, this weapon is a complete and utter monster. I'm not the biggest fan of the Latron line personally, but its potential is obvious.

Prova Vandal suffers from some of the same problems that most melee weapons do, even the most powerful among them barely scratch the surface of what you can do with a good Primary/Secondary, so you have to rely on utility/other mechanics (like Stealth) to make melee weapons worth it. Its stunlock is fun, though, so there's that!

Dex Furis is a complete monster btw, for the three and a half seconds you fire it before you run out of ammo.

Mine isn't fully ranked yet but I was really surprised how well it performed.

I agree. Dex Furis and Prova Vandal also fall into the same category as the Latron Wraith, but hey, the day I got Dex Furis, I never stopped using it. And Prova Vandal, that 100% guarantee that you will proc with electricity, talk about stun locking the enemy and just taking out their health nice and easy.

For some strange reason, I enjoy using weird weapons that people normally wouldn't use. Talk about being unique. I am even willing to put my Dragon Nikana aside for a while until a new, stronger melee weapon comes out and in the mean time just run around with the Prova Vandal.

Me too man! Karyst all the way for me!

People saying Latron Wraith is a novelty/not an end-game weapon.

You realize it's capable of more DPS than the Latron Prime, right?

No it isn't

Iirc Lat prime has nearly double the base damage, so unless you are running some goofy build the prime will pump out more damage

Edited by Sixty5

I ran the excavation mission, but enemies wouldn't show up because they didn't hear anything. I switched to my Pyrana and they started to show up. It was a little annoying lol

Completely incorrect assumption of how that works. It was mere coincidence.

I used latron wraith and kunai through the whole event and didn't have any problems. In fact I had to switch to rhino since nova was having a hard time with CC.

Actually it's not that weak, just per shot it is weaker but on a tougher enemy such as a boss it will boast higher dps. I mean it still retains pretty good 1 shot potential as well.

Technically it's only the average DPH that is weaker than Latron Prime's. The Wraith is more consistent with crits, so a greater number of its shots actually outdamage the Prime's shots.

just in case you guys were wondering "Why do I want this thing when I have my 6 Forma Latron Prime? or Why did DE put this in the game in the first place? Why not something else? I'm in the same boat, but I have noticed that this thing is screaming for a crit build. I mean 2.5X crit damage and a 25% crit rate makes this thing a beast when properly modded, maybe moreso than the Latron Prime.

I honestly don't see the issue with the Latron Wraith. I love the Latron Prime as the marksman rifle it is, and don't mind the Latron Wraith due to the fact that having it be a crit-based version makes it to where the 2.5x damage multiplier is worth a lot more. You need to thing about the fact that this version of the weapon actually utilizes more of the stats the weapon has to offer in order to realize the Wraith version's potential.

They're both supposed to have crit builds.

Completely incorrect assumption of how that works. It was mere coincidence.

I used latron wraith and kunai through the whole event and didn't have any problems. In fact I had to switch to rhino since nova was having a hard time with CC.

It's not an incorrect assumption. I can easily say yours was a coincidence too, lol

It was a problem I faced with Latron Wraith and only with Latron Wraith. Therefore, Latron Wraith is the problem. Well, that and horrible spawns around the scanner and in solo. Every other weapons works fine for me.

I like it stat wise, but it bothers me that Wraith weapons are not actually Grineer exclusive anymore, what like Vandals for Corpus and Primes for Tenno, it makes me wonder, will the grineer weapons be getting a 'special' version for some of their weapons since Wraith weapons are now associated with the Red Veil and whatever they choose...

who's to say these were related to those factions to start with? it's not like we were ever told Vandal Weapons had this or that requirement or whatnot. 

all of those Weapons were as is... and we don't necessarily know the exact intentions or reasoning. we're speculating.

it has less applicable performance than LatronP has though. it doesn't meet it's potential quite as much as LatronP does.

Anyway you could briefly expand on how the Latron Wraith is less applicable than LatronP?

Is it because of the recoil and RoF issues?

Being that the estimated dmg per shot is nearly equal between the two when considering head shots and that its damage is more consistent,  I'd think the Wraith version to perform better in the field.

It meets LatronP paper damage potential -only more consistently -with the option of slightly higher RoF.

Edited by Quizel

Anyway you could briefly expand on how the Latron Wraith is less applicable than LatronP?

LatronW has Spread. not a lot, but it's some, meaning some shots here and there will miss their Weakpoints. LatronP is pinpoint accurate at all times. it has no Spread whatsoever.

the Kick also has a factor, sure. but the Kick on all 3 Latrons is on the higher side per shot, so i consider them equal in that picking Weakpoints at maxiumum RoF results in some missed shots sometimes from both Weapons.

It's not bad

People are just a little upset (myself included) because Latron is a really weird choice for a Wraith. Besides the fact that it breaks the theme of the Wraith'd weapons, there's already a Latron Prime which is just as good if not better, and there's a lot of weapons out there that don't have and won't get primed version who need stronger versions (karak, grinlok)

agreed. it should be Dex Latron instead of Latron wraith or maybe DE want to break their own LORE

agreed. it should be Dex Latron instead of Latron wraith or maybe DE want to break their own LORE

The lore seems to be, since the start with STRUN WRAITH, A TENNO WEAPON that is modified.

Originally, it seemed to be modified by the grineer. Then, came rakta syndana, then this. So, here's my current ideas.

Vandal-Customised by the lotus

Dex-Rebuilt by the lotus

Wraith-Modified by an outside party.

But, on topic, it seems to be quite close, with less damage, but a good increase in crit rate.

Edited by Warriorrogue