Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Latron Wraith Feedback (Designated Megathread)

Netheroc

i would say that it's stats seem a little too good, the Crit Chance and Status Chance threw me a little bit.

but it's not breaking new water or anything, so it's probably fine.

LatronW is likely just fine where it is.

The real question is how does it sound?

oh, you're gonna sqeal. 

it doesn't sound year 1 billion kind of pew pew advanced... but if i know you, and i'm pretty sure i do, you're going to have a conflict of interests on which gun to use.

the Firing Sound has a very surprising amount of levels of detail in it.

Someone did math, the wraith has higher dps than the prime (18k with crit build). Check this https://imgur.com/0qz0eas

DPSframe has ALWAYS been unreliable.

i wish people would stop using it.

that math is also complete garbage, and like most calculations, people are bedazzled by a number that has little relation to what you'll actually get in the game. no DPS calculation is actually what you're going to get.

that math is also complete garbage, and like most calculations, people are bedazzled by a number that has little relation to what you'll actually get in the game. no DPS calculation is actually what you're going to get.

While I agree that websites like DPSframe and WarframeBuilder aren't the most accurate in terms of what you'll see in the game itself, they're self-consistent; what you see on those sites, when compared with something else on the site, is comparatively accurate. Knowing that the formulas that go into them are the same, you can conclude that one has advantages over the other-- in this case, the Latron Wraith slightly beats out the Latron Prime.

Mind you, I wouldn't even use Heavy Cal on either, and replace it with Hammer Shot or something like that. The Latron Wraith also has less stat chance, and the stats it has are distributed differently. However, even my own basic calculations back up the conclusion that the Latron Wraith is slightly more powerful than the Latron Prime, and at the very least a viable sidegrade.

While I agree that websites like DPSframe and WarframeBuilder aren't the most accurate in terms of what you'll see in the game itself, they're self-consistent; what you see on those sites, when compared with something else on the site, is comparatively accurate. Knowing that the formulas that go into them are the same, you can conclude that one has advantages over the other-- in this case, the Latron Wraith slightly beats out the Latron Prime.

Mind you, I wouldn't even use Heavy Cal on either, and replace it with Hammer Shot or something like that. The Latron Wraith also has less stat chance, and the stats it has are distributed differently. However, even my own basic calculations back up the conclusion that the Latron Wraith is slightly more powerful than the Latron Prime, and at the very least a viable sidegrade.

This. Pretty much this. It doesn't take DPSFRAME or Warframe Builder to prove that Latron Wraith is a force to be reckon with. Any calculation on comparing their damage with point strike and vital sense equipped will show you that Latron Prime edges out slightly on a higher DPH, while Latron Wraith can peak at higher DPS. Both of these aren't completely conclusive. Prime is less consistent in hitting it's mark due to lower critical chances and Wraith won't always reach its max DPS due to the inherent flaw on semi-autos and frame rate.

-snip-

some parts of my opinion are only in another Thread(s), so here it is.

- they are fairly equal, and i'm glad for it. and they aren't carbon copies of each other either. they're different! each is certainly usable (LatronW is definitely plenty Ammunition Efficient enough, so that's not a worry), and they tweak out over each other in this situation or that situation.

it's nice to see Weapons that are 'incomparables' for once, rather than powercrepe.

Latron Prime really needs to use the same sound effect for the shooter as it uses for "other".  When other people use it sounds fine but when you shoot it yourself it's just bad.

As far as the Wraith, are you guys sure that it's totally silent?  It has reduced noise value, absolutely, but it seems like enemies still hear it sometimes if you are close enough.

consider that youre unlikely to get 2 crits per shot from a latron prime, and putting crit delay on it makes it fire really slow. even then, it still doesnt match the crit chance of the latron w with just 1 crit mod.

the fire rate increase of latron W also makes this gun more flexible to mod, unlike the prime version.

i did some comparisons and surprisingly each 2 bullets(crit) of latron w does nearly same dmg as 2 bullets of sybaris(using the same mods). and sybaris has the same crit chance, so it's a good comparison. it also does more dmg than a marelok(if it crits).

seems balanced and abit superior to latron p in that sense. i wish it had an auto fire mode.

Edited by (PS4)Alphapsykongaroo

Why are you even here?

You know new-er players? The ones that CANT get into the void and DONT have 150 Plat for a Latron with a Catalyst+slot? Yea, those ones. They are really disappointed with your post.

Nobody spends 150 plat for a vanilla Latron... You can get the Latron Prime for about 35 plat (includes catalyst from market and 15p for the prime set).

Hell- even if you don't have enough plat for that, it's still relatively easy to get from the void anyway; whereas this is an exclusive event weapon which is, in my (and the OP's) opinion, worse than the already released Prime variant.

Don't get me wrong- I'm a huge fan of the Latron series (and the Wraiths for that matter), been using them since I joined, but this was one of the biggest let-downs I've had from DE...

this, differently fron the latron prime completely relies on crits (and has the crit chance to back it up too) so it's normal that at lvl 1 it aint that good, are the soma and the amprex/synapse any good unmodded? i don't think so.  mod it properly with vital sense and point strike and yo'll understand what i'm talking about, the latron prime might be a bit more reliable but with multishot you get a crit almost every shot with this weapon and i think this will be better dps wise than the latron prime, still waiting for it to get on warframe builder to see.

Edited by bl4ckhunter

Latron Wraith > Latron Prime.

The wraith has a base crit chance of 25%, whice the prime has a base of 15%. Both boast a whopping 250% crit damage.

But what really sets the wraith apart is that It has over 30% faster fire rate. Remember all the times you used shred on your Latron Prime? Yeah, well that just became its base attack speed. Have fun throwing on shred after that.

Latron Wraith > Latron Prime.

The wraith has a base crit chance of 25%, whice the prime has a base of 15%. Both boast a whopping 250% crit damage.

But what really sets the wraith apart is that It has over 30% faster fire rate. Remember all the times you used shred on your Latron Prime? Yeah, well that just became its base attack speed. Have fun throwing on shred after that.

But here's the thing: You need Critical Delay for the crits to work properly. 62.5% Crit with only Point Strike is very meager.

(More times than not, I don't crit with 62.5% Crit chance for some reason)

Critical Delay reduces Fire Rate.

See where I'm going with this?

Edited by Rarityframe

Someone did math, the wraith has higher dps than the prime (18k with crit build). Check this https://imgur.com/0qz0eas

Who? dpsframe hasn't been updated in half-year, does that guy have an off-line version? Latron stats are accurate in that shot. 

The math is near-perfect (with some round-ofs), exact numbers and exact formulas, even considering damage resistances.  You have to understand it's averaged, thats why you dont see exact same numbers in the game. Compare non-crit non-weakspot shot on a specified non-armored enemy type and you will get same numbers in the game and builder.

Edited by Monolake

But here's the thing: You need Critical Delay for the crits to work properly. 62.5% Crit with only Point Strike is very meager.

(More times than not, I don't crit with 62.5% Crit chance for some reason)

Critical Delay reduces Fire Rate.

See where I'm going with this?

do you even know what you're talking about? 62% crit chance is more than enough and critical delay is only good for red crit weapons

let's do some maths before warframe builder updates :

Latron prime, actually the best semi-auto rifle ingame - better than sniper because way more comfortable to use.

Latron prime : 85 Damage

Latron wraith : 65 damage

Latron prime : 37.5% crit maxxed and x5.5 crit damage maxxed

Latron wraith : 62.5% crit maxxed and x5.5 crit damage maxxed

-->

85+85*37.5%*5.5 = 260.3

65+65*62.5%*5.5 = 288.4

And i didn't add the fire rate...

Oh wait...

Edited by HurricaneBones

Latron prime, actually the best semi-auto rifle ingame - better than sniper because way more comfortable to use.

-->

85+85*37.5%*5.5 = 260.3

65+65*62.5%*5.5 = 288.4

Oh wait...

i don't think it works exactly that way as probability is factored in a different way (same as multishot that should also be accounted for) thought w.latron should still have more dps than p.latron

-->

85+85*37.5%*5.5 = 260.3

65+65*62.5%*5.5 = 288.4

Oh wait...

thats not how the average crit is calculated 

its    damage * ( 1 + Critical Chance * ( Critical Damage - 1 ) )

https://i.imgur.com/0qz0eas.png