The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So...nyx Changes And A Mirage With Ogris...

Sebastianx

This happened to me today, was testing Nyx to see how badly the nerf is, popped my absorb when I had 250 energy and the ally Mirage used her eclipse and HoM with an (maxed out I assume) Ogris to shoot me, needless to say I lost all my energy in a second.

DE, either revert the change or at least make allies unable to drain your energy, at least that way using absorb might actually make allies work as a team rather than ignoring you like it was until now...OR griefing the hell out of you like it is now.

sounds totally intended though. more damage = more energy drained

But the problem comes when I want to absorb those guys over there to save the pod, then chaos them to prevent that from happening soon, then mind control that eximus for more firepower...but oh wait, I can't, because I lost all my energy at the absorb part due to some team mate.

If DE would at least make mind controlled enemies unable to take damage from allies, that would be great.

Edited by Sebastianx

But the problem comes when I want to absorb those guys over there to save the pod, then chaos them to prevent that from happening soon, then mind control that eximus for more firepower...but oh wait, I can't, because I lost all my energy at the absorb part due to some team mate.

If DE would at least make mind controlled enemies unable to take damage from allies, that would be great.

i know it's very inconvenient, but what i mean is it is intended according to the changelogs. (i dont know how to improve this. not sure if u like removing friendly fire absorption....)

on mind control, i'd like to agree.

Edited by Eric1738

So DE basically gave all the griefers a pat on the back and told them it's nyx hunting season intentionally?

I am quite happy with the fact that I can give griefing Nyxes payback, I hate seing my Lanka shots being sucked up by a Nyx starting absorb next to me while being a mile away from the enemies.

This is why we can't have nice things.

Too much abuse of these sorts of powers--namely unimaginative Nyx's sitting in their bubble for minutes at a time.

What's probably going to have to happen is for friendly damage to no longer affect Absorb.

So DE basically gave all the griefers a pat on the back and told them it's nyx hunting season intentionally?

Pretty much that, if the hunting season this year consists of bringing rocket and grenade launchers, beam weapons and energy guns to the hunt...which pretty much sums up a Nyx's life right now.

There are two ways to go about this

Either make allies entirely unable to ad to its damage or drain its energy which seems like it could be recieved either way (though i think this would be a nice ending balance)

Or make it so allies simply dont drain energy when they shoot at absorb (which could be too powerful and abusive but somehow seems like it really wont be for the most part)

On the fence for this one

There are two ways to go about this

Either make allies entirely unable to ad to its damage or drain its energy which seems like it could be recieved either way (though i think this would be a nice ending balance)

Or make it so allies simply dont drain energy when they shoot at absorb (which could be too powerful and abusive but somehow seems like it really wont be for the most part)

On the fence for this one

it wasnt abusive months ago when you used max duration absorb to take in 1m+ damage

this whole absorb nerf punishes people who use absorb the right way.

if I'm in t4s and one of my team mates go down, I use absorb to cover them while a team mate revives them, I take in 40k+ damage because sentinels and psycho armour scaled Heavy Gunners. I really cant do much with my nyx now in void because I dont have enough of an energy pool to sustain an absrob long enough for my shields to recharge.

what they should have done was have exponential power cost increase after the first minute. you never need to run absorb longer than a minute unless your frost DCs in a Mobile Defense. 

this killed nyx for me, My play style doesnt work with her now.

I slideflip into the room, throw a chaos, absorb, kill the room. now its throw a chaos, cast absorb, run out of power and die.

there isnt much adjustment you can make when your only safety net doesnt save you anymore in your squishy little caster frame. 

I would rather not have the utility of team mates adding to damage of absorb than have to have my energy leached in ~5 seconds because someone with a boltor P or Paris P wants to shoot their entire ammo pool into me.

This is why we can't have nice things.

Too much abuse of these sorts of powers--namely unimaginative Nyx's sitting in their bubble for minutes at a time.

What's probably going to have to happen is for friendly damage to no longer affect Absorb.

its ok for me, as well as when i sit my kubrov dies because she/he dont move anymore when i sit

would be great if the kubrow goes on attacking, doesnt matter if the "warframe" stand still or sit like nyx ... highlight about: some guy come today for once and healed my dog: HEARTTOUCHING but useless because nobody really is in a aim to run for healing a kubrow even that i will start doing that now and i will keep my eyes open for that as well as it is better to change the script of the kubrow in this :-)

it wasnt abusive months ago when you used max duration absorb to take in 1m+ damage

if I'm in t4s and one of my team mates go down, I use absorb to cover them while a team mate revives them, I take in 40k+ damage because sentinels and psycho armour scaled Heavy Gunners. I really cant do much with my nyx now in void because I dont have enough of an energy pool to sustain an absrob long enough for my shields to recharge.

what they should have done was have exponential power cost increase after the first minute. you never need to run absorb longer than a minute unless your frost DCs in a Mobile Defense. 

I slideflip into the room, throw a chaos, absorb, kill the room. now its throw a chaos, cast absorb, run out of power and die.

there isnt much adjustment you can make when your only safety net doesnt save you anymore in your squishy little caster frame. 

I would rather not have the utility of team mates adding to damage of absorb than have to have my energy leached in ~5 seconds because someone with a boltor P or Paris P wants to shoot their entire ammo pool into me.

maybe not 1 Minute but maybe..... 30 seconds?

Unless its a Defence, I dont see a Nyx staying in Absorb mode for more than that, and you're right, in high level defence/survival, SPECIALLY in T4, Nyx wont be able to make a save for a teammate or use the "4" as an "Oh Crap!" emergency button.

Maybe if DE made Absorb not accumulate damage from friendly fire and restore the old Absorb..... or maybe make it take just a fraction of the friendly damage, like.... 10-20%?

Right now, Absorb is unrealible, better go with Undertow or Snow Globe or Bastille..... maybe Vortex after a Loki Disarms the map.

Easier fixes

-- give Absorb a grace period of 5-8 seconds where Nyx can absorb damage without penalty, ala Snow Globe.

-- base energy decay on Power Efficiency instead of directly draining energy. When taking damage above a certain threshold, Absorb's Energy per Second cost increases for 1-2 seconds. Inefficiency of this skill can have a hard limit. (Example: 1000 damage received per second would decrease Absorb's power efficiency by -75% for 2 seconds.)

Before you had to be locked in with an extremely long duration

It was broken still but not as much

Easier fixes

-- give Absorb a grace period of 5-8 seconds where Nyx can absorb damage without penalty, ala Snow Globe.

-- base energy decay on Power Efficiency instead of directly draining energy. When taking damage above a certain threshold, Absorb's Energy per Second cost increases for 1-2 seconds. Inefficiency of this skill can have a hard limit. (Example: 1000 damage received per second would decrease Absorb's power efficiency by -75% for 2 seconds.)

4 seconds for frost

Easier fixes

That's actually not bad, I like that :o a grace period would indeed please both sides on this conflict.

Well... I don't think that the fact that I was able to just sit at extract with Absorb if everything goes wrong in T4 was a legit way to win. I am pretty sure I was able to sit with around 3 minutes with absorb with max efficiency and without flux. In that way, the nerf was deserved.

However, it's a shame that Absorb's scaleing ability was severely harmed. There may be a better way to fix that : Prism act as a toggleable skiil but has also a maximum duration, I guess we could also apply that to Absorb (and reverting the nerf of course).

What makes this whole situation worse is that players that haven't read the patch notes have the mindset that shooting Nyx's bubble = help Nyx deliver more damage when she comes out of the bubble, but the players won't realize that after receiving so much damage Nyx is now FORCED to come out of their bubble, making her vulnerable if she was attempting to regen shields or take a moment of relaxation and figuring out what to do when surrounded

If im right the Boltor Prime and S#&$ can probably get you out of your bubble and deplete your entire energy bar in seconds if a teammate has a high damage build, COMPLETELY screwing you over in whatever situation you're in if you don't have lots of range mods and are getting shot from everywhere

There should be some sort of cap about energy drained per second and less abusive friendly fire penalties

Edited by SgtFlex