Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why The Forma Hate?

FATEdPondera

This has been something thats been bothering me for a while. Forma are only given out from derelict/void mission rewards and very rarely from 7 day log- in rewards, so they're not terribly common, especially since they take an entire day to make and use rare materials. They are used to increase the power of your gear, construct new rooms in the dojo and used as an ingredient in crafting clan weaponry, so the demand for them is somewhat high. That in mind, why do so many people hate them so much???

Case in point, the other day, I was involved in a T4 defense and, since I'd already grinded my way to all the parts I wanted (*cough cough* Loki Prime *cough*) I let it slip that I was hoping for a forma. Even if it was something of a waste, the response I got from my teammates was... let's just say disproportionate. One of them was incredibly rude to me, claiming that "no offense" but he just couldn't stand stupid people.

Many other times, people have mentioned to me that they had 15 or 20 forma bps in their inventories when I asked. I can only conclude that they simply do not build/use them..... What?????? These are probably the exact same people who complain about events being too hard...

I have forma'd my boar prime and Phage 5 times each (soon to be 6) and they both do multiple thousand points of elemental combo damage, high levels of punch through, and sport shotgun ammo mutations. Forma are clear paths of progression and without them, exp goes completely to waste.

So, tell me, internet.... whats the deal? Have we reached a point where players hate the time honored tradition of levelling up and acquiring high level gear?

This has been something thats been bothering me for a while. Forma are only given out from derelict/void mission rewards and very rarely from 7 day log- in rewards, so they're not terribly common, especially since they take an entire day to make and use rare materials. They are used to increase the power of your gear, construct new rooms in the dojo and used as an ingredient in crafting clan weaponry, so the demand for them is somewhat high. That in mind, why do so many people hate them so much???

Case in point, the other day, I was involved in a T4 defense and, since I'd already grinded my way to all the parts I wanted (*cough cough* Loki Prime *cough*) I let it slip that I was hoping for a forma. Even if it was something of a waste, the response I got from my teammates was... let's just say disproportionate. One of them was incredibly rude to me, claiming that "no offense" but he just couldn't stand stupid people.

Many other times, people have mentioned to me that they had 15 or 20 forma bps in their inventories when I asked. I can only conclude that they simply do not build/use them..... What?????? These are probably the exact same people who complain about events being too hard...

I have forma'd my boar prime and Phage 5 times each (soon to be 6) and they both do multiple thousand points of elemental combo damage, high levels of punch through, and sport shotgun ammo mutations. Forma are clear paths of progression and without them, exp goes completely to waste.

So, tell me, internet.... whats the deal? Have we reached a point where players hate the time honored tradition of levelling up and acquiring high level gear?

it takes 1 day to build

if you do void alot then ofc you would have a S#&$ ton of forma bps

i myself have like 15 and that isn't even alot

some people have 50+ forma bps

People are prolly there to get xp or a certain prime part.

After a while, your formas just sit there in your inventory with nothing to spend them on.

I have about 60 completed formas in my inventory and applying them to any of my dozen or so regular equipment would only make them worse at this point.

You always need a ton of forma if you like a new weapon or something. Especially clan tech and other things with no polarities (and clan tech usually needs a forma to just be built, lol). And that is about 5 or so formas for each of them. If I was on a T4 defense though, I'm sure wouldn't be aiming for a forma (seriously there are better places to farm for it without wasting a T4 key), but if the wave was already really high and forma was offered I would probably take it.

2 Reasons I have forma:
1-Save up for mass-extinction grind when I get XP booster

2-Also save up for mass-extinction event when it comes out.

but yea, forma is good if you really like a weapon, the only weapons I have added forma was the soma, boltor prime, amprex, possibly the new latron wraith, hikou, and thats all, I rarely forma my gear, especially since I'm going low on forma, used to have 20, now I have 5.

DE WHY YOU NERF FORMA DROPS IN T1 SURVIVAL!?!??!?!!?

I use forma all the time, and not only have I never encountered someone who hates the stuff, but I have found the opposite: Someone who formas things for the sake of using forma. I have lots of BPs hanging around in my inventory because I only craft them when I have cells to spare, meaning I am not actively crafting prime weapons/warframes. I have close to a dozen forma just sitting crafted waiting for use. 

2 Reasons I have forma:

1-Save up for mass-extinction grind when I get XP booster

2-Also save up for mass-extinction event when it comes out.

but yea, forma is good if you really like a weapon, the only weapons I have added forma was the soma, boltor prime, amprex, possibly the new latron wraith, hikou, and thats all, I rarely forma my gear, especially since I'm going low on forma, used to have 20, now I have 5.

DE WHY YOU NERF FORMA DROPS IN T1 SURVIVAL!?!??!?!!?

what is this mass-extinction event you speak of?

I've never seen people get abusive, or even too rude, about forma or forma farming, but I do understand the less than excited response to choosing them as defense rewards. Void/Derelict Defense offers many rewards which you can only get from them, and only after a certain number of waves. On the other hand, forma is handed out everywhere. I may be wrong, but is the forma bp in even tier or ever void mission? 

I forma just about everything. Four in my Boltor P, three in my marelock, two in my qualta, and probably a dozen or so more in other weapons; but I still have 30+ bps to build and keep getting more and more everything I run pretty much any void mission. I certainly dont mind, especially since I've grinder out pretty much everything in this game by now; but I can understand peoples' frustration with bugging out early for forma when they may be looking for a Loki piece or a Boltor P bp. 

Only thing i hate in forma is that dojo  need them. Dojo should have own materials.  It is not big problem but there is plenty of people that only have one man's clan.

It feels akward to use some new weapon when you have that 4-6 formaed potatoed weapon before it.

primary 3-5 forma
secondary 3-5 forma
frame 3-5
melee 0-1 (add forma so you can use other stance
that is 4 potatoes and around 16 forma.   16 days of building forma. depends a bit does your weapon have polarity already installed or all blanks.

i have like explosives, single/auto rifles , bow, shotgun and lots of melee weapons. Next planning in list some beam weapon or amphrex.

After you got one rifle you don't want new rifle to forma even if it would feel better or have a bit better stats.

edit: and getting 16 forma might take more than 16 days. new player starts game and gets latron wrath now he needs to hunt a lot, maybe more than 30 keys to get one full gear set.

Edited by Agullimux

I typically have a stockpile of 6-8 at every major update, and then proceed to run out a couple days later.

I burn through them at least as fast as I get them, and occasionally rush a few.

I have met haters ranting about formas, and I understand the point that taking a forma at the 5 min mark on a t4 defence is a waste of the key, but the same can't be said about wave 30 in ODD, where formas are the only useful reward, at least for myself.

Incidentally, I counted up my favourite builds, and with full loadouts of three weapons and a companion, I typically have 18-26 formas on my gear.

I'm constantly out of Formas. I even use them on guns I dislike! xD

See, thats my problem right there in a nutshell. I started the last month with 14 forma and am out now, waiting on my next one to get done at 11 tonight.

But the thing about the guns I dislike... after enough forma, they BECOME guns I like. At first, I thought the Akvasto and Akmagnum were excessively weak, but now the Akvasto pistols with their slash damage and gas combo, they're my go-to guns for running infestations out of town.

And with impact for shields and viral for the soft flesh, one shot from my Akmagnums will make that corpus son of a *@##$ wish he never got out of bed.

If you wanna leave for a forma thats fine by me....I just have like 36 of em lol (not counting however many I sunk into my dojo)

oh good! I wanted to talk to someone like you!

Why do you have some many? Do you not forma your gear? If so, how much difficulty do you have completing high level missions?

I've found that it is most effective to use 10 plat to rush each forma when I can afford it and stockpile them. Do you ever do that yourself?

I've never Forma'd a weapon... Or anything for that matter. I've just used them in crafting and dojo stuff.

And I don't care. I'll play the game how I want. 

(It's alot more fun to be underpowered in my opinion.)

Btw, I don't hate Formas. If I get one I usually go "Oh cool, a forma" and then never use them.

Unless of course I'm farming for something, then I call them the Orokin poo.

oh good! I wanted to talk to someone like you!

Why do you have some many? Do you not forma your gear? If so, how much difficulty do you have completing high level missions?

I've found that it is most effective to use 10 plat to rush each forma when I can afford it and stockpile them. Do you ever do that yourself?

No I forma all my gear, I just do S#&$ tons of void runs, I dont intentionally stock pile them, it just happens. I normally wait for them to be built as Im not in much of a rush and dont want to waste plat that I dont have to. Im usually sitting on anywhere from 50-100+ void keys at any given time and just run through em with friends/clan mates.

I ususally bail on forma rewards.

I keep a fair amount on hand, but I'm always using them so there's a constant drain on the supply that has to be mitigated. Like this Latron Wraith. It's going to require 4-5 and that'll cut my reserve by about 30%.

The most I've had on hand at once is about 25. Mostly, they'll accumulate through dumb luck before I get around to a project. A few lucky runs in the void. A login reward. An alert. They can build up quickly.

Right now I have four projects in the queue. One warframe and three guns all need extensive forma. Then there's the two new ClanTech weapons that need investigation. They can disappear surprisingly quickly.