Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Get A Kick Out Of This: Warframe Is Mysogynistic?

Xievie

I'm not sure if anyone has heard of the Tumblr Social Justice Warriors, but here's something I found browsing around Tumblr.

(This is not me who wrote this).

tumblr_napp0elwkA1tk2f7bo1_500.jpg

Warframe

A free-to-play online game about alien ninjas with guns… mostly men. There’s only 1 female alien option to choose, the other three options are obviously men. The game is also about getting to a strange planet and destroy their bases with long-range weapons like guns or just beat the hell out of the other aliens, while if you choose the female alien you can only follow the male aliens to revive them or give health and mana. This is a clear view on how aggressive and destructive men can be, and creates the idea that women are weak creatures only to help men out in their destructive behaviour. The story remains unclear as to why this aliens want to destroy other’s planets. Misogyny is universal and need to be stopped.

Source: http://exposingmen.tumblr.com/post/95460937610/warframe-a-free-to-play-online-game-about-alien

They hashtagged:

#misogyny #warframe #videogames #feminism #tw #feminist frequency #alien misogyny #rape culture #wtf #srsly #feminist #woman #woman #girl power #oppression 

The sad thing is, people seriously think this stuff. It's entertaining to see some Youtubers make fun of them though.

Edit, a lot of people seem to think this is a troll post. Unfortunately, it isn't. People are serious and radical about this stuff, which is sad. Just look it up on Youtube and Tumblr or something. I found it fun listening to InternetAristocrat on youtube about people like this.

Edited by Xievie

Wasn't there already a thread about this?

Oh, then I missed it.

Edit: Yeah, it was posted already, didn't see it the first time I searched the forums since I searched the wrong keyword, but found it with another just now.

Edited by Xievie

Wasn't there already a thread about this?

Not only that but someone replied to this tumblr post stating how very wrong this post is how warframe actually works.

Also, ignore any and pretty much all tumblr feminists. They are extremists who insist that everyone man "is evil and should probably die" and thats probably one of the lighter things they believe. 

Not only that but someone replied to this tumblr post stating how very wrong this post is how warframe actually works.

Also, ignore any and pretty much all tumblr feminists. They are extremists who insist that everyone man "is evil and should probably die" and thats probably one of the lighter things they believe. 

Yeah, I remember seeing them get schooled in the replies.

And extremism of any form is bad. You don't want to be an extremist. 

I have too much fun watching videos of people making fun of them to ignore them.

"Men should only exist for reproductive porpuses but should NOT have a voice, opinions, legal or moral rights and power in any circunstance: economical or social level. "

Full of grammar and spelling errors, not to mention about as close minded as someone can be. I am sincerely hoping that this was written in satire...

Edited by (PS4)RedNikkums
Fixed text

Wow I decided to investigate.

There is a petition to shut down steam because of the oppression of women in the video game industry...

Also that men should only be used to create babies.

Can I go lose faith in humanity now?

This person also claims that Mag is the only female Warframe and that he/she has downloaded and played the game.

Edited by Utarious

It's sad to think that I have to choose between pitying them because of their extremely narrow and misinformed view about this game (and the world), or laughing hilariously at their idiocy for poking a virtual case that completely away and out of range of their accusation (which is completely ridiculous by its own).

Wait...

Edited by Athros

Ignorant rabid opinions are what make the internet interesting.

Exposing men and their disgusting misogynistic, oppressing ways. Men are naturally evil and society/media encourages their behavior by promoting rape culture and lack of responsability for their actions purely based on their gender. Men should only exist for reproductive porpuses but should NOT have a voice, opinions, legal or moral rights and power in any circunstance: economical or social level. TW: This blog can contain explicit images and text, as we are looking to expose the consequences of letting men lead society to the horrors that we face today. You've been warned.

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Oops, used a masculine voice instead of gender-neutral pronouns, I've exposed myself as part of the misogynistic gyno-terrorist patriarchy. Sorry folks...

Guys... that's a troll post.

Old news by now. Fairly certain the blog that posted that was a troll blog. 

I know Tumblr well enough to know they aren't trolling. And the fact that they are serious is really, really baffling to me.

Wow I decided to investigate.

There is a petition to shut down steam because of the oppression of women in the video game industry...

Also that men should only be used to create babies.

Can I go lose faith in humanity now?

This person also claims that Mag is the only female Warframe and that he/she has downloaded and played the game.

https://www.change.org/p/valve-corporation-black-out-steam-access-for-1-hr-to-protest-the-harassment-of-anita-sarkeesian-threats-against-women-in-games

This is hilarious.

It's not a troll post from what it seems.

This person is serious which is what makes it worse.

Unless they show their face/proof they aren't an alias, it's fake.

Pretending to be something you're not happens A LOT on the Internet.

It's amazing what people with too much free time can do.

And trust me; they will do it. Just because they can.

http://christwire.org/

Seriously. Same sh**, different pile.