Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What If The Lotus Was Not What We Thought?

TheSIlent1

In the stalkers codex http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Stalker it say that the Tenno were waiting. 

what if the lotus had ordered this ad that everything that we have been doing was "bad" We were being rewarded as savoir so what was it that we did on that day? or what was it that the lotus had told us? 

Now the stalker seems to be looked at evil and so do the corpus and grineer but what if the stalker was getting revenge for Innocent people and the reason the grinner want to kill us is because the know what we did and know what could happen if we lived and that's why they hate the lotus. 

So maybe we are just lotus tools for what the lotus wants done or maybe the lotus is a group of people who use us just for our power and to do their bidding.

And after all there isn't really a "good or bad" side. 

what do you guys think. Is the stalker good are we bad or should the lotus die? because we pretty much are mercs. the grineer hire us the corpus hire us and all for the same reason as the lotus and where does the lotus get all those crds from?

[roleplaying]

I don't care if the Lotus is evil. All i care about is my reward. If the Lone Tenno Operative raid ships for supplies, as long as he give me the parts i need i will distract the enemy for him. Just tell me who to assassinate, which ship to sabotage, or if the Lotus needs help to intercept a message and jam some signal, all i care about is credits and nice weapons. Rescue someone? Meh... If you pay me enough i'll do it too. This is how we Tenno do things. We don't ask questions. We're mercenaries.

[/roleplaying]

Edited by RexSol

Grineer, Corpus, and Infestation have done plenty enough bad to be looked at in a bad light. The tenno are all guided by the Lotus, for bad or for good. However, I recall the lotus mentioning "the council" in missions. I'm led to think there is some higher power than just a single lotus, perhaps a "council" of individual lotus for each group of tenno. To each their own theory though.

EDIT: clarification

Edited by Sweetie_Belle

Grineer are the evil empire that is spreading out and trying to take over everything, so they aren't good guys. The Tenno are trying to stop their expansion, which is why they want to kill us.

The Corpus are a merchant cult that worships the dollar credit. They will sell anything, including Warframes, to the highest bidder, such as Grineer. While not necessarily "evil," they are definitely not good guys and are merely in it for the profits.

As for the Lotus, we don't know much about her. All we know is that she is connected to each Warframe, has influence over each one, can communicate with each one, and directs us to do what is right (even if "right" is just self-preservation at times). She in some ways appears to be an AI, but she could very easily be an actual flesh and blood person. The latter might actually be vaguely hinted at a few times I think, but I can't remember when or where.

The Stalker. I wouldn't necessarily say he's evil, but he's definitely and definitively not on our side. Whatever event happened that makes him hunt us, he and others perceived it as a wrongdoing on the Tennos' part. What Stalker's codex entry says is that the Tenno betrayed the Orokin. The 10 beats of the drum were to signal and celebrate the end of the war. On the 9th beat, however, the Tenno filled the stadium with supposedly innocent blood. Again, just going off of the codex entry, that is how the Orokin Empire fell. Is that actually what happened? It's pretty hard to say. His entry is very clear in what it says, though, and he has no reason to lie. The Low Guardians apparently predicted this, but they were unable to raise their voice on the matter. Either no one would listen or no one would hear, but in either case it was not expected.

Do we have specific answers and clear lore? Nope. There is some room for speculation, but only time will truly tell.

My head cannon says that Stalker is just mislead. The Orokin were arguably not really nice people, seeing how they made child super-soldiers and possibly mind-controlled the populace ("Neural Sentry" in the void. I can see that being misused), not to mention they may also be responsible for the infestation. Killing the Orokin off was a good thing, at least in my head. The lore isn't too straight forward.

The Lotus is probably the one who led the Tenno in rebellion against the Orokin. Also, time and again she has shown she actually cares about the Tenno.

The Stalker isn't a friend of the Corpus or Grineer, he just wants the Tenno to not win. Hence, he'll hunt down Tenno that weaken the Corpus or Grineer's chain of command, trying to slow progress as much as he can.

Tenno aren't bad. Tenno aren't good. They transcend both.

The Tenno are gods.

It's clear that the Lotus is an Orokin. The Hidden Messages questline pretty much shouted that all over it. In the quest line the Lotus tells us how she tried to save Mirage from the Sentients but failed, and we know the Orokin where at war with the Sentients and only when they were about to be destroyed by the Sentients they tried looking into the Void for a solution and thus the Tenno were made (this is from Excalibur's codex Entry). Also keep in mind that since Corpus basically revear the Orokin as Gods it's possible the Lotus has ties with the Corpus (since the Corpus don't seem to hold a grudge againts the Lotus, or might not even know about her, as the Grineer do, evidence of this is Hek's quoate during Thethra's doom where he says he'll personally throw the Lotus into the sun).

Also more evidence as to the Lotus being Orokin is her knowledge of Tenno cryopod locations and her ability to work the Warframe's systems (evident in Vor's prize questline), this is good evidence, since not even Alad V knows how frame work even thought he's been stripping hundrets of frames ever since the pods were known to exist and the Lotus knows exactly where the Tenno pods are.

Stalker's Codex entry does say that the Tenno betrayed the Orokin in the end but that does not mean we wipped the Orokin out also keep in mind that when we first awake during Vor's prize she immediatly points out that our memory has fadded, now this might just be me but I think she wipped our memory because, firstly, how did she instantly know that, and secondly, she wants to "help" us but doesn't explain clearly why only that we must fight the enemy (Grineer), this pretty much points out that she's Orokin, and along the Orokin remnants, found a way to control the Tenno and it's more than likely that once the Grineer threat is over the Orokin might bring back the golden age of Humanity.

Keep in mind that Void Vor also says we are being led by a false prophet, this may not mean that she's Orokin, but since Vor was reborn by the Void and the fact that he knows about the Lotus that might point out that the Lotus is Orokin since the Orokin tried to use the power of the Void against the Sentients so the Lotus might have played a part in the attempt.

However we don't have a clear answear since most of this information is indirect and can be interpreted but it's safe to say that the Lotus is more than what she appears to be.

Someone has seen the movie "Oblivion"? Is exactly the same... We are just under the influence of lotus (probabilly a stupid alien) for kill our brother uman like corpus, grineer and also other tenno... when all human were killed by infest plague and fratricide war, the lotow will transport theyr alien troops to conquer our solar system and nobody could make anything!

I want to sign for mercy in the grineer empire! Now!

In the stalkers codex http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Stalker it say that the Tenno were waiting. 

what if the lotus had ordered this ad that everything that we have been doing was "bad" We were being rewarded as savoir so what was it that we did on that day? or what was it that the lotus had told us? 

Now the stalker seems to be looked at evil and so do the corpus and grineer but what if the stalker was getting revenge for Innocent people and the reason the grinner want to kill us is because the know what we did and know what could happen if we lived and that's why they hate the lotus. 

So maybe we are just lotus tools for what the lotus wants done or maybe the lotus is a group of people who use us just for our power and to do their bidding.

And after all there isn't really a "good or bad" side. 

what do you guys think. Is the stalker good are we bad or should the lotus die? because we pretty much are mercs. the grineer hire us the corpus hire us and all for the same reason as the lotus and where does the lotus get all those crds from?

There is a "good" and a "bad" side. because the devs explicitly stated in a devstream that "we are the good guys" word-of-god

Given we can only do what the Lotus tells us Q.E.D. she must be good.

The Stalker was just loyal to the Orokin and is bitter about the betrayal.

Why we killed the Orokin (And yes, the Lotus supported us in that) was in the game text back in U8 but never used.

Do you hear that my Tenno? The silence of tyrants who fell by
your blade? Your sacrifice is complete and you should rest. The
cryo-chamber will wipe away the unpleasantness of what has
passed. When you are called to wake, it must be because the
system is once again out of balance. Perform your duties then, as
you have now.
Until we meet again,

Lotus

Edited by SilentMobius

The Lotus is a post physical being, a entity that has transferred their consciousness into a machine.

Just like all the orokin.

However the lotus's involvement with the Tenno made her realise what the orokin were doing was wrong, leading her to instruct us to turn on them.

It's all there.

The little lore tidbits that are given by DE are well done.

The Tenno were the High Guardians of the Orokon, silent warriors that stood by their thrones. Then we cast them down, the Stalker is/was a low guardian out for vengeance. Maybe bitter that we Tenno had such a privileged position and threw it all away in our rebellion.

So we sleep until needed. We gave up who we are to being balance. A weapon. There is no peace for a Tenno, only rest between conflicts. When we bring balance back to the origin we will sleep again until our blades are needed once more. Our enemies will fear our blades at their throats. There will be no peace until we sleep once more.

well unless its a boss fight on a planet we really don't know what were doing its like Lotus:"Defend this cryopod" Tenno:"why" Lotus:"Cause I said so DONT ASK JUST DO!!!"

Lotus:"Defend this cryopod"

Tenno:"why"

Lotus:"Loot"

Tenno: (firm nod with gleam in the eye)