Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gas Damage Sucks Against Everything

PeanutMonster

Im still rockin gas elec on infested

No issues

It's the electricity doing majority of the damage, its damage is only reduced a bit by the Ancient Healers. They way how electricity arcs when it procs, it's also not affected by the AoE damage reduction of the Ancient Disrupters.

So what, light infested die fast no matter what you shoot them with.  What is important is what the ancients are weak to.

Exactly! The light units are so easy to kill, the real problem is all the crazy buffs the ancients give to each other, their buffs are sometimes just impossible.... Plus they grapple you which makes their job many times easier.

It always goes like this: Grapple> Energy drain > S#&$ty dps> Huge swarm > Toxic death/swarm rape.

Exactly! The light units are so easy to kill, the real problem is all the crazy buffs the ancients give to each other, their buffs are sometimes just impossible.... Plus they grapple you which makes their job many times easier.

It always goes like this: Grapple> Energy drain > S#&$ty dps> Huge swarm > Toxic death/swarm rape.

Focus on HP building

Rage is helpful if you plan to stay close

Melee gas with electric so if they do swarm you they cant do much if anything

Life strike because itll save you

If you proc enough enemies affected by the damage resist aura, the ancient healer actually just falls over and die. I dunno why. Not the best way to kill them but it works.

I love killing healers without touching them

Its hilarious

Theyre also affected by procs

You can literally stun lock them and kill them by attacking light infested with gas elec <3

Gas is indeed effective against infested, the thing is though, within a faction there are different units each with their own resistances/weaknesses. Sure the ancients can nullify GAS damage/procs but that doesn't change the fact that while their auras do so, without the auras the infested are for sure weak to gas, u just have to focus fire on the ancient and take down the aura, srsly... I don't see the big deal.

Gas is indeed effective against infested, the thing is though, within a faction there are different units each with their own resistances/weaknesses. Sure the ancients can nullify GAS damage/procs but that doesn't change the fact that while their auras do so, without the auras the infested are for sure weak to gas, u just have to focus fire on the ancient and take down the aura, srsly... I don't see the big deal.

Light infested are also weak to Fire. Fire damage will only get reduced by the Ancient healers. Now tell me a one good reason why should I use Gas over Fire?

There is no point in bringing Gas weapons since there will be as many Ancients as light Infested units. Might as well kill everything with Corrosive since the light infested get annihilated by everything.

Really though

Gas is king of infested

Maybe fire can take second place

A close second

Elec is probably better honestly

^

since there are more variety of light infested 

gas is pretty good for majority thats what de means by that

More variety doesn't mean that they spawn more often. Usually in survival and defense there tend to be more ancients after playing 10 minutes/waves.

its SUPER strong versus tenno.

Yep, and it should be as strong against all the infested as well.

What people didn't quite understand is that there's a difference between INFESTED (the units) and INFESTATION (the faction)

Infestation has 4 ranks

Infested
Flesh
Fossilized
Sinew

Gas is effective against INFESTED. It is not stated anywhere that it is effective against Fossilized ancients and their auras ´-´

There is no point in bringing Gas weapons since there will be as many Ancients as light Infested units. Might as well kill everything with Corrosive since the light infested get annihilated by everything.

Does not matter. The tooltip is correct no matter how many times you sit there and scream bloody murder.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0 Read it, and sit down. Gas is best at killing infested. The tooltip DID NOT state ancient infested. It stated Infested. Not only that, Gas is the only element sans Fire that is strong against two separate types of Infested: Infested and Infested Flesh. Which means, it is the best element to kill infested in general on paper, since it does the most damage to more than just one type of infested. That's what the tooltip was about. That's what DE was trying to convey. Is it the best combination? No. But is it the best element that does the most damage to the largest amount of Infested? Yes.

I agree that Ancients can be more dangerous in more situations. However Gas is still the best thing to use on most other types of Infested and thus the best element for a general Infested mission. Just because Gas procs a toxin cloud does not mean it's not viable, since that Toxin cloud can help in stopping Infested from swarming you.

The main problem here is not that you're offering a better combination of elements, but that you're arguing that DE is wrong about their own game and its own stats. I suggest eating a slice of humble pie and change the title of this thread.

What people didn't quite understand is that there's a difference between INFESTED (the units) and INFESTATION (the faction)

Infestation has 4 ranks

Infested

Flesh

Fossilized

Sinew

Gas is effective against INFESTED. It is not stated anywhere that it is effective against Fossilized ancients and their auras ´-´

If looked from that perspective, the description is indeed true. But it doesn't change the fact that gas is bad in general.

Edited by PeanutMonster

Does not matter. The tooltip is correct no matter how many times you sit there and scream bloody murder.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0 Read it, and sit down. Gas is best at killing infested. The tooltip DID NOT state ancient infested. It stated Infested. Not only that, Gas is the only element sans Fire that is strong against two separate types of Infested: Infested and Infested Flesh. Which means, it is the best element to kill infested in general on paper, since it does the most damage to more than just one type of infested. That's what the tooltip was about. That's what DE was trying to convey. Is it the best combination? No. But is it the best element that does the most damage to the largest amount of Infested? Yes.

I agree that Ancients can be more dangerous in more situations. However Gas is still the best thing to use on most other types of Infested and thus the best element for a general Infested mission. Just because Gas procs a toxin cloud does not mean it's not viable, since that Toxin cloud can help in stopping Infested from swarming you.

The main problem here is not that you're offering a better combination of elements, but that you're arguing that DE is wrong about their own game and its own stats. I suggest eating a slice of humble pie and change the title of this thread.

Taking Corrosive + fire is just much more practical. You don't have to worry about switching weapons because you can spray through everything.

I changed the title 15 minutes ago.

Edited by PeanutMonster

Infestation has 4 ranks

Infested

Flesh

Fossilized

Sinew

It also gets a bonus versus flesh, and no infestation units resist it. Plus AoE is good versus grouped enemies.

If you're shooting into a vortex full of healers, no matter what kind of AoE you're hitting with the damage will be zero.

Fire is superior to Gas. You can take light AND heavy infested down with it.

Id like to remind you that both gas and elec proc AoE

Infested tend to bunch up

Thats where the real damage is

Paper numbers arent going to win anything here

Edited by Azawarau

Now, on building to fight ANY faction u're gonna pick the elemental combos and modding focusing on the units that are more of a problem.
It is why most people run on the standard Corrosive+fire, but u can run Corrosive+blast and get some more damage against fossilized units, it's all about personal choice, u could run a Corrosive+gas too and there u have it: bonus damage to Fossilized ancients AND higher damage to infested units (Gas does more bonus damage to Infested than FIRE)

Edited by (PS4)Mhj-sab

I think the disconnect here is that Peanut Monster is taking it for granted that they are meant to be using one weapon and shooting everything equally at the same time... 

If we're talking about an Ignis build, yeah, Gas would not be my first choice. If I'm going to use an assault rifle or shotgun and I'm grouped with someone else using a semi-auto or a sniper rifle, I'll probably go Gas and let them pick off the ancients. Maybe something corrosive/heat on swap in case they're not around. Or maybe I could roll with a gas melee weapon and anti-ancient pistol. etc. etc.

This thread is just a testament to how badly we need structure like tactical alerts. No one has this discussion when they can only bring 500 conclave. They stack corrosive / heat and hit regular infested for less than they want to, or they have to give up more in other areas to do the damage they want to, so they turn to their friend and say... you take the ugly ones!...

Welcome to co-op 101.

Now, on building to fight ANY faction u're gonna pick the elemental combos and modding focusing on the units that are more of a problem.

It is why most people run on the standard Corrosive+fire, but u can run Corrosive+blast and get some more damage against fossilized units, it's all about personal choice, u could run a Corrosive+gas too and there u have it: bonus damage to Fossilized ancients AND higher damage to infested units (Gas does more bonus damage to Infested than FIRE)

Corrosive gas isnt possible except with certain corrosive based weapons like the Tysis and Stug sadly