Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stalker Shows Up At The Most In-Opportune Times.

(XBOX)Grihaly

You were wrong. I hadn't gotten another mark since he killed me last. I was playing another mission today (again, solo, can't find any randoms to play with) and he showed up, but this time I had a rhino, I activated my iron skin, his dread ripped right through them like a hot knife through liquid butter, and killed me. This time he 'avenged' the Jackal. A mark I had before the mark from Vor.

Marks dont mean much, its all based on RNG.

Well... big mistake.

Well...all I could think of, with his 1-2 shot death-bow I figured maybe CQB I could beat do damage to him before being dominated.

Marks dont mean much, its all based on RNG.

RNGsus was good to me for farming Ash, but a total d**k when it comes to the spawn rate of assassins. It would be nice if they showed up while I was playing in a group, instead of solo...

One time he appeared in an infested extermination mission, I was running my ember prime with my boar prime, orthos prime, and wraith vipers and I thought to myself:

What? Stalker? Seriously? right now? in my best equipment? no way!!!! 

Then sure enough he appeared and before he could even stand up I cast World on fire then pumped 24 shells in his face. He dropped dead and ran away leaving despair BPs. That was a very satisfying day.

One time he appeared in an infested extermination mission, I was running my ember prime with my boar prime, orthos prime, and wraith vipers and I thought to myself:

What? Stalker? Seriously? right now? in my best equipment? no way!!!! 

Then sure enough he appeared and before he could even stand up I cast World on fire then pumped 24 shells in his face. He dropped dead and ran away leaving despair BPs. That was a very satisfying day.

HOW DID YOU GET WRAITH VIPERS?!!?!?!?!?!??!?!!?!!?!??

You were wrong. I hadn't gotten another mark since he killed me last. I was playing another mission today (again, solo, can't find any randoms to play with) and he showed up, but this time I had a rhino, I activated my iron skin, his dread ripped right through them like a hot knife through liquid butter, and killed me. This time he 'avenged' the Jackal. A mark I had before the mark from Vor.

Cool. Thanks for the heads up. Honestly, the details about how he acts over all this have always been fuzzy. I'm always seeing someone pointing out some little detail I wasn't yet aware of.

DE stated that everything except Founder items is bound to be back at some point. So dont worry, you might have your chance to get them.

This is correct. The only weapons that are stated as 'wont return' are as follows.

-Excal Prime

-Lato Prime

-Skana Prime

-Braton Vandal

-Lato Vandal

End of list. Everything else is in the vault and could return some day if DE sees fit to give it another whirl.

If it makes you feel better, he has a chance to drop the recipe for his weapons when you DO kill him.

Thing is, his appearance rate is low, his drop rate is low, and as OP said he shows up when you're very unlikely too win.

Anymore, I don't find the fight engaging or interesting anymore. If I won anyways, I honestly don't think I'll get the item I need(Despair). Better way to say it is I find the drop rate depressing. I really do get sad when I think about getting the Despair.

#pessimism  #grumpy

Stalker always shows up when I'm alone.

Saryn with no skills, all durability, stamina and reflection + dragon nikana to get the reflection achievement. Stalker shows up, 30 second sword fight with parrying and reflecting, Saryn wins.

Zanuka shows up while I'm leveling up Mag(lvl 16) Spams shield polarize and energy pads while shooting at it with an underpowered weapon. Very satisfying when I kill it after about 90 seconds and it drops the last part that I need for detron.

Ouch. 

Whenever you drop the silly bastard make sure to keep your eyes peeled for purple orbs. Those are the blueprints he drops.

In my own experience, he'll drop something at least every three times you've killed him. To my knowledge the chance of him dropping a specific weapon is equal all the way around. 

From what I heard the chance of him dropping a blueprint is about 20%, of that 20% there seems to be a 90% chance of it being yet another Dread blueprint...

I entirely agree with The_Sharp_Demonologist : Stalker is a gimmicky nuisance. Winning a "fight" with him is mostly a matter of luck and the chances of him dropping something useful are so stupid low that it's not really worth it.

Edited by marelooke

Thing is, his appearance rate is low

Not true, I have noticed now, at the third time, (because nobody ever joins the missions I need to play, so I must play them solo) my first game after the 'day' starts over and I have a full amount of revives, he shows up in that first game. Gonna try it tomorrow, and wait for my 5-10 second defeat. I'm seriously not even mad anymore. Just disapointed that he's such a puss, he only shows up when I'm in solo play. I play hours during the day with groups, and nothing, but first solo match of the night, there he is.