Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stalker Shows Up At The Most In-Opportune Times.

(XBOX)Grihaly

I was soloing the first Neptune mission (because I cannot find any randoms to help, and my entire clan is on Destiny) and halfway through, my screen starts getting all weird looking. My first thought: "Lag." Then he starts talking, and I'm by myself, with a (level 30) Volt, about to have to fight the Stalker, so I drop the suitcase, and get ready for a fight, a plum of smoke appears, but no Stalker. Then, I get shot in the back, I turn around, he hits me with Dread again, my shields drained, health at 63, now he's closer! So I slash at him a couple of times with my dual Skana, he hits me once with 'Hate', and I die, out of revives, forced to start over, and again, I must do the mission solo. He killed me, because I killed Vor. Of all the bosses I have killed, I should be justified for Vor? And fight by myself? Like holy god is that bow OP. Just sayin'.

It's part of the point of him. He's just another danger. He's a lurking threat in the background that likes to come for you when you aren't in your best shape. It means it easier for him to be dangerous to the player.

If it makes you feel better, he has a chance to drop the recipe for his weapons when you DO kill him.

It's part of the point of him. He's just another danger. He's a lurking threat in the background that likes to come for you when you aren't in your best shape. It means it easier for him to be dangerous to the player.

If it makes you feel better, he has a chance to drop the recipe for his weapons when you DO kill him.

My first encounter, I was with 3 friends, we killed him, he dropped neurodes.

That seems like a bug.

You can't get death marks from killing vor.

It was from killing Vor + and Kril on Phobos.

1) Stalker "fights" happen so fast they might as well be considered quick time events, just point and click at the stalker with your OP weapon before he clicks on your first, or one shots you with his slash dash, or arrow, or Kunais, or anything really.

2) The drop rate is so low might as well dont bother farming him. Wich thinkn about farming a boss is a stupid idea in on itself.

Stalker is like that fly that hover over your cake, it will bother you to no end to get to that cake and if it lands on the cake and eat it it may kill you, but of course you wont let it do that and if it does  just remove the part of the cake that is infested.

My first encounter, I was with 3 friends, we killed him, he dropped neurodes.

Ouch. 

Whenever you drop the silly bastard make sure to keep your eyes peeled for purple orbs. Those are the blueprints he drops.

In my own experience, he'll drop something at least every three times you've killed him. To my knowledge the chance of him dropping a specific weapon is equal all the way around. 

Somebody killed him for me  a few nights ago since I was running for my life (still can't survive many hits from him) and he dropped nothing.... the bastard. Was really sad.

He smells when you play Defense/Survival/Have a low level weapon or frame or are solo and takes advantage of you. Big fat chicken he is.

Edited by (PS4)Folkeye

1) Stalker "fights" happen so fast they might as well be considered quick time events, just point and click at the stalker with your OP weapon before he clicks on your first, or one shots you with his slash dash, or arrow, or Kunais, or anything really.

2) The drop rate is so low might as well dont bother farming him. Wich thinkn about farming a boss is a stupid idea in on itself.

Stalker is like that fly that hover over your cake, it will bother you to no end to get to that cake and if it lands on the cake and eat it it may kill you, but of course you wont let it do that and if it does  just remove the part of the cake that is infested.

You're playing on PC, are you not? Us PC players have had a lot more time to work on and perfect builds maximizing damage. Of course we kill him fast.

The drop rate is decent. Not amazing, just decent. There are much harder things to farm.

I wont say he couldn't be better - but he isn't bad. Important to consider that Stalker is the oldest existing random event in the game and that DE works on him but seriously doesn't focus on him or events like him.

Ouch. 

Whenever you drop the silly bastard make sure to keep your eyes peeled for purple orbs. Those are the blueprints he drops.

In my own experience, he'll drop something at least every three times you've killed him. To my knowledge the chance of him dropping a specific weapon is equal all the way around. 

Since he completely obliterated me, he "completed his mission"...Is the mark on me still active (I have 3 others, also) and do they stack? I read that there is a 1.5% chance of him showing up, so with the 4 I have would that make it a 5.5% or is it always 1.5%? Cuz I want a rematch, even tho it will probably end the same way :P

Since he completely obliterated me, he "completed his mission"...Is the mark on me still active (I have 3 others, also) and do they stack? I read that there is a 1.5% chance of him showing up, so with the 4 I have would that make it a 5.5% or is it always 1.5%? Cuz I want a rematch, even tho it will probably end the same way :P

Marks dont stack, and with 4 people you would have 3 or 4 % of him showing up. Dont worry about him, he comes for me at least 2-3 times per week.

Me and him, we have special connection. One could say, he is masochist and wants to be beaten constantly.

You'll have to get a new mark, though very nearly any boss can produce that mark. You'll just pick it up eventually fighting bosses.

If multiple people in a group are marked the % doesn't stack, it rolls for each of you separately.

If all 4 people have a mark that just means the game rolls the dice 4 times in the background during your mission to see if one of you hits the jackpot and gets a visit.

Damn... i remember going on T3 Capture with 2 my friends and 1 random guy.

That random guy was loading for about 5 minutes... While i stared at the loading screen, i've heard someone's whisper.

Then that someone spoke to me 3 times. Then someone killed me. WHILE THE SQUAD WAS LOADING! BECAUSE OF THE RANDOM GUY!

I'm still sad, though it's been 1,5 months since then.

Was leveling Dera and Karyst yesterday.

Stalker drop on my Nova which is only 225/300 without my QT + Rage + Flow + Vitality high level pwnage combo.

He thought he could get lucky and appeared saying something about me killing nef Anyo, I was whaatttttttt ?

The last time I killed Nef Anyo, when I was farming Mag or Gallium for the old melee weapons ?!

So I figure he just wanted an excuse since my Excal offed him 5 times in a roll, so going after me in my squishy nova is a great idea.

Except he forget I carried my 3 formaed despair.

3 tosses and he died.
So yeah that's my story.

Edited by fatpig84

The Stalker loves to appers everytime i use unranked weapons because of that i learned a secret. Always bring with you one good weapon to defend yourself against him, grustrag 3 or zanuka hunter. I hate lost a fight against him so i take my precautions.

Right now i am trying to gain some level with my glaxion but my brakk is always with me. =]

You'll have to get a new mark, though very nearly any boss can produce that mark. You'll just pick it up eventually fighting bosses.

If multiple people in a group are marked the % doesn't stack, it rolls for each of you separately.

If all 4 people have a mark that just means the game rolls the dice 4 times in the background during your mission to see if one of you hits the jackpot and gets a visit.

You were wrong. I hadn't gotten another mark since he killed me last. I was playing another mission today (again, solo, can't find any randoms to play with) and he showed up, but this time I had a rhino, I activated my iron skin, his dread ripped right through them like a hot knife through liquid butter, and killed me. This time he 'avenged' the Jackal. A mark I had before the mark from Vor.