Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glaxion Is Basically A Better Flux Rifle Now

xkillo32

I tried it out just a while ago, and I liked how it worked. Three dual stat status mods gives you 99% status chance. But I still cannot get over the poor ammo efficiency, plus the fact that most bosses are resistant to status effects.

I kinda like the flux rifle. Fed it 3 forma already so its pretty darn good with event mods and using the right elemental combo. Certainly not endgame, but still fun.

The glaxion is not nearly as good. Anything that is good about is eclipsed by the poor ammo efficiency

The Glaxion's not a bad status rifle as it stands, but the ammo efficiency is still extremely poor. I was hoping for a slightly heavier buff, but I'm alright with how it is now. It's not a bad weapon by any means, but it was talked about for so long that I admit I expected something more powerful.

The Flux Rifle was recently buffed, wasn't it? I thought it was alright. Kinda boring. The mechanics didn't seem very interesting and the design itself is kinda 'meh'. Maybe it could use another buff, but it seems fine where it is I guess. I don't think it needs a buff nearly as badly as other weapons do, though.

Sticking Metal Augur or Shred into the build really helps its CC and improves the Ammo economy too. Let's you hit more enemies in one go, I've found it to help a lot.

It's still very poor, though. Right now I use it more as a supplement to melee, but I'm experimenting with Viral procs.

Does't flux still auto stagger? (I haven't tested) Glaxion doesn't do that right?

Not a stagger, but Glaxion has a guaranteed slow, regardless of the element on it. I'm considering pumping some forma into it and seeing how it performs with high punch-through, Heavy Caliber (for spread) and high status, as opposed to pure damage.

Stick Hammershot, Split Chamber, Fire and ice dual stat mods on it and rifle aptitude and you have a knockdown ray.

I was amused by my 98.5% status chance

Or Thunder first for magnatic and then Fire and toxic, for a magnatic Gas ray. If only we could give weapons custom names and maybe custom decal or even change it over all look some how including custom sound.

Edited by genclaymore

The freeze effect is still useless, too. At this rate, the Glaxion needs two things:

- More ammo per pickup. This is crucial.

Slightly higher damage. The "don't ask for damage because it's a support gun" argument holds no water because the Grakata and the Flux perform that role better with either better damage or ammo economy, like bl4ckhunter said.

It should also get something to set it apart from those guns. I think a small AoE slow that turns into a freeze that radiates from each enemy hit would do the trick.

Stick Hammershot, Split Chamber, Fire and ice dual stat mods on it and rifle aptitude and you have a knockdown ray.

I was amused by my 98.5% status chance

its status chance per second for continuous rifles isnt it, so it takes a seconds worth of firing to potentially proc as opposed to each activation, plus thats only with multishot added.

whats its actual in-use proc chance like?  loads?  highish?