Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Low Rank Warframe Players Vs High Rank Warframe Players

B0N3M4N

no this kind of games give fun in sense of achieving something , better gear  , better warframes , higher mastery ranks /etc    instead of having fun doing repetitive missions over and over and killing the same 10 monsters from 3 different factions  

the most fun i probably had combing my switch teleport spell with my friends vauban jumping thingie stuff killing our allies  on purpose   and seeing them rage on us or losing defence missions on purpose  just to see others rage other than that nope no fun found 

Okay, fair enough.

I agree the repetition gets old.

But having Blue Falcons (look up the acronym B.F. if you don't know it. US Army acronym.) openly saying 'oh yes, this is ALL I DO to have fun...' kind of leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

I play to have fun, and YOUR fun is screwing up MY fun. Good to know.

Just so you know... if I ever play with you, I WILL find ways to slow you down. Every SINGLE way I can. Because I ALSO have fun screwing people who try to screw ME. Poetic justice.

Anyone else, I will try to keep up with. Just not you.

Edited by Kalenath

Yeah but I mean this kind of mentality in general is going to ruin what is the variety of the gameplay of this game, and seems like this strategy is pretty efficent cause I see too many people doing this thing, about the rank I'm taking the rank beacause normally low rank players doesn't have the knowledge or the mods/resources for getting this kind of broken loadouts, infact I see way too many high rank players in mission like Interception spamming 4 with banshee/rhino/put-a-warframe-with-aoe-ultimate-here until they're final end and then reuse it again ruining the fun of the mission for the entire team.

In interception at wave 5 it could get intensive enough to the point you can barely fight with weapons alone.

Okay, fair enough.

I agree the repetition gets old.

But having Blue Falcons (look up the Acronym if you don't know it. US Army acronym.) openly saying 'oh yes, this is ALL I DO to have fun...' kind of leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

I play to have fun, and YOUR fun is screwing up MY fun. Good to know.

Just so you know... if I ever play with you, I WILL find ways to slow you down. Every SINGLE way I can. Because I ALSO have fun screwing people who try to screw me. Poetic justice.

Sure. repetition is old. That's why you don't do the same thing over and over again.

Funnily enough there are OTHER ways to have fun than just killing the same enemy.

In fact I've found ways of doing it and I've had fun. The second you impede on others fun because it's fun for you. That's when you draw the line from being Alright to a complete an utter asshat. If I see that guy I'll probably do the same...

It's him versus every frame in the game.

Edited by Lilliannette

Sure. repetition is old. That's why you don't do the same thing over and over again.

Funnily enough there are OTHER ways to have fun than just killing the same enemy.

In fact I've found ways of doing it and I've had fun. The second you impede on others fun because it's fun for you. That's when you draw the line from being Alright to a complete an utter asshat. If I see that guy I'll probably do the same...

It's him versus every frame in the game.

When it stops being fun and gets serious... It's time to stop playing.

There is enough of that in the real world. Do we REALLY need anti-bullying laws in video games too?

And as for Mr. Blue Falcon... he can whine and scream about people slowing him down all he wants, but when HE needs help? (Which he will eventually, all rushers get in over their heads eventually) He won't get it.

Frankly, I refuse to let him ruin my fun.

Edited by Kalenath

When it stops being fun and gets serious... It's time to stop playing.

There is enough of that in the real world. Do we REALLY need anti-bullying laws in video games too?

But there are anti-bullying laws on the internet!

There is having fun and then there is having fun at someone else s expense.  That just isn't fair.

Well, like someone said up there, not all high-rank players are spamming 4 for win. Some might actually not spamming 4 until it's neccesary. Sure, for high-rank players, sometimes doing star chart might already get boring for the x-th time, but not all of them just go spamming 4 all the time. Some still find their own way to have fun, either by wacky build, some go full support, and many other cases.

And mastery rank can't be used as an indicator for this, because what matter most is the players behind that frame. I've seen "4 to win" spammer and hallway-heroes in both low MR and high MR players. I've also seen Nova that do not spawn M.Prime, Oberon that not spam Reckoning, Rhino that do not spam Rhino Stomp, Saryn that not spawn her ult, etc

Edited by Lorche

Well, like someone said up there, not all high-rank players are spamming 4 for win. Some might actually not spamming 4 until it's neccesary. Sure, for high-rank players, sometimes doing star chart might already get boring, but not all of them just go spamming 4 all the time. Some still find their own way to have fun, either by wacky build, some go full support, and many other cases.

And mastery rank can't be used as an indicator for this, because what matter most is the players behind that frame. I've seen "4 to win" spammer and hallway-heroes in both low MR and high MR players. I've also seen Nova that do not spawn M.Prime, Oberon that not spam Reckoning, Rhino that do not spam Rhino Stomp, Saryn that not spawn her ult, etc

Yeah, skill does not equate to mastery rank.

Saw a Mastery rank 1 Excalibur with a Mk-1 Braton clean house in three different events. That dude is SCARY! He doesn't MISS.

(Actually, he does. No hacks. Saw him miss a few times once. But... geez. NEVER want to fight that guy. Never.)

Edited by Kalenath

I think one of the roots of this 'issue', if people term it that, would have to lie in the fact that we need to appreciate that gameplay objectives aren't set in stone - they change from when a player first joins (ideally being grounded in exploration and learning) to when a player becomes comfortably established and free to pursue arbitrary goals.

You're completely right in pointing out that newer players - by nature - focus more on the learning aspect of the game (or at least, they really should imho!) and play to form connections with others, gain knowledge of mechanics, and get a feel for the game and how to best progress. By definition, more established players shift focus from learning and exploring to pursuing goals they set for themselves, often (statistically speaking) in the form of numerical achievements or object attainment. This is a broad, but applicable general view of the situation from my perspective.

We then get to the problem of having to decide which one is 'more fun'. And what people are - as I see it - trying to do is to pin down this definition such that it becomes objective. Is this approach going to be enough to conclusively categorise players into 'those who play for fun' and 'those who don't'? Maybe in a subjective sense. But it's also very dissatisfying because it ignores a large number of factors, not the least of which is what 'fun' means to everyone else.

Do new players learn new mechanics for the sake of fun, or because they realise it's necessary in order to have fun down the line?

Do more established players grind for the sake of fun or because they realise it's necessary to have fun down the line?

Do people on the forums talk all day about the game for the sake of fun or because they've got too much time on their hands? Goddamnit, stop procrastinating, Vastaren!

I'm not disagreeing that established players play from an objective-based perspective, and this defines their playstyle somewhat in that they 'use 4' more, or aim to get the best mission completion time, or aim for long-running grinding sessions. This is clearly different to how newer players are more focussed on exploration and fun for the sake of discovery. This definitely coincides with both your experiences and mine. But I don't think we can decisively conclude whether either or both groups aren't having fun. Trying to say that 'grinding isn't fun', while a statistically majority viewpoint, shouldn't be used to generalise those who grind to be those who do not have fun, and certainly not applied to all established players above a certain MR.

Which leads onto the issue of tolerance of other playstyles, which is a topic that's creeped in up above :P

Mmmmm I can't entirely agree. I use my 4 a lot but only on survival and defenses. Say I'm doing an alert exterminate mission with low ranking players that has lvl 10-15 enemies....I won't use my 4 unless another player is having trouble. If I'm doing this mission with high ranking players it doesn't even come to mind. Now say the enemy lvl is 25-35 with low ranking players....I'm "spamming" it because I know I'll have to carry them. Same mission with high ranking players...we all probably use it once.

I'm only rank 10 so I wouldn't say I'm a high ranked player but the only fun I have is in T4S because it's the most challenging. I rank my weapons on Apollo and I dint have fun doing it until I'm 40mins in but by that time low ranking players want to leave.

On another note I use M. Prime a lot because I love the animation. Second place goes to Rhino's roar.

Yeah, skill does not equate to mastery rank.

Saw a Mastery rank 1 Excalibur with a Mk-1 Braton clean house in three different events. That dude is SCARY! He doesn't MISS.

(Actually, he does. No hacks. Saw him miss a few times once. But... geez. NEVER want to fight that guy. Never.)

I want to meet this man. Please. That's amazing.

On topic: I would be one of "those guys," but when I'm just gonna copter/4-spam, I generally just run solo anyhow since that's what I'd be doing anyway. The one major exception was when my clan was running Invasions together and I used my (un-potatoed) Volt to get ~95% of the kills :V

I've been running these "back to school" alerts with Frost Prime on an Icewave build and mastery trash weapons because it's fun and the move is underloved. Is that too much of a jerk move?

In general, I do tend to have a habit of getting ahead of/away from my teammates, but I usually go back if I'm needed >.> And I generally can't get too far ahead if I don't have a coptering weapon....

I think the problem here is that older players will generally have settled into a build. To use Excalibur as an example, a new player will maybe have a few trash mods and an unranked redirection+vitality, wheras an old player will have a full corrupted RB spam build. Since the new player hasn't really gotten to endgame min-maxing they're probably still running all their abilities, while an old player will probably end up forma'ing those slots for other mods.

Basically, the more you play the game the more you figure out what works, and for the average person there's no real reason to do anything other than that. 

Honestly, I don't know what could be done about this. I guess a first step would be a mod/skill rebalance, making mods focus more on modification and less on min-maxing, and making skills stay useful across all levels. 

I think the problem here is that older players will generally have settled into a build. To use Excalibur as an example, a new player will maybe have a few trash mods and an unranked redirection+vitality, wheras an old player will have a full corrupted RB spam build. Since the new player hasn't really gotten to endgame min-maxing they're probably still running all their abilities, while an old player will probably end up forma'ing those slots for other mods.

Basically, the more you play the game the more you figure out what works, and for the average person there's no real reason to do anything other than that. 

Honestly, I don't know what could be done about this. I guess a first step would be a mod/skill rebalance, making mods focus more on modification and less on min-maxing, and making skills stay useful across all levels. 

Yes, well, Warframe is what it is, and DE ain't never gonna change the scaling mechanic. That said, if some real endgame thing became actually good, the mods could be more easily balanced with each other without as much forum-rage.

Also, there's a "solo" matchmaking option for a reason :P

Yes, well, Warframe is what it is, and DE ain't never gonna change the scaling mechanic. That said, if some real endgame thing became actually good, the mods could be more easily balanced with each other without as much forum-rage.

Also, there's a "solo" matchmaking option for a reason :P

What we need is an endgame that isn't just "get stronger and stronger forever". As I'm not a game designer, I have no idea how to accomplish that.

And eh, I hate playing solo. Warframe is best in a group. IMO even pubs are better than solo, though I'd rather play with people I know.

What we need is an endgame that isn't just "get stronger and stronger forever". As I'm not a game designer, I have no idea how to accomplish that.

And eh, I hate playing solo. Warframe is best in a group. IMO even pubs are better than solo, though I'd rather play with people I know.

That's what I was saying.

While I agree that Warframe is best in a group, It's pretty jerkish to rush/spam 4 if the others don't consent. However, rushing/spamming 4 is what works. This dilemma is solved by the solo matchmaking option :P

unfortunately the people OP is talking about dont even use the forums and basically dont have a clue or dont care

besides this is a problem with the game mechanics not people, of course people will use whatever is the most powerful and efficient 

for that reasons alot of games introduce elements that force teamwork in order to survive / succeed

If it is infested, my Vauban will have a brick on the 3 and 4 keys.

Or my overextended Nova with have a brick on the 4 key.

If I do anything else other than those 2, I get railed at.

For Nova's case, you get the kill since you detonate the Prime and the xp of the weapon that set the bomb off.

So how is that bad ? :S

Edited by fatpig84

That's what I've said and seems like no one readed on my reply, I mean players with I did this "Low vs High" beacause the Low players doesn't normally doesn't have the skills or the mods for doing that kind of build so it's more often seeing this on High Rank players compared to the Low Rank ones.

unfortunately the people OP is talking about dont even use the forums and basically dont have a clue or dont care

besides this is a problem with the game mechanics not people, of course people will use whatever is the most powerful and efficient 

for that reasons alot of games introduce elements that force teamwork in order to survive / succeed

Beacause having an intense real life(I mean study, working ecc.) and playing the game instead of staying 24h waiting for the replies on the forum it's equal to don't use the forum or don't care about a thread that I have created, really?

GG.

Sounds like you have bad luck OP.

I try to teach the noobs as much as I can. I'll be honest, I get frustrated when they don't grasp basic concepts but that's teaching. I've brought a lot of my IRL friends into this game and had to explain a lot to them.

But when I don't have time to &*#* around, I play solo.

Having respect for your fellow tenno isn't hard.