Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Super Jump Costs 10 Energy

Llyssa

Question

Did you know: Super Jump costs only 10 energy if you have no efficiency modifiers on you? At max efficiency, it costs 2 energy, at worst, it costs 15.

If you knew this? GOOD!

If you didn't? You're apparently among a very large, large group of players. Was reading many feedbacks where people talk about how "awful" it is, being a "bunny hop" that costs 75 energy.

It actually launches you up to 17m in the air, which is about 60 feet straight up, if you're not good at imagining meters. That's a 7 story building, for those of you who are bad at imagining either one. Or leaping to the top of mount rushmore if you don't know any multi-floor buildings.

I imagine if more people realize it ONLY costs 10 energy, and they realized that maxed, it launches you out of firing range of several enemy weapons, they might use it more. Maybe so. Maybe not. Who knows?

However, there's one way to find out: Telling them that Super Jump costs only 10 energy.

So, there you have it: for 10 energy, super jump makes you leap medium-sized buildings in a single bound.

Knowing this, go forth and multiply.

Edited by Llyssa

First of all the highest the super jump goes is to the roof to a two floor building. How on earth you got 7 stories is a mystery, and would consistently kill you on use on the earth maps. Plus thats like 7 times higher than Zephy's flight straight up. Nothing in the game will launch you like that except for glitches.

What I want is something faster that launches me like an ape in Rise of the Planet of the Apes... Something with more percision. Something I can use quickly on the go, or while taking my time to aim, and move about quietly with stealth. The Predator jump in AVP 2010 was amazing, and the Ninja run jump from Metal Gear Rising was a hundred times faster, and got you around in a really cool fasion from roof to roof, and what not. Excalibur's Super jump is like his normal jump, but goes higher. Thats simply normal. It should be more fancy, more versatile, more animationy. It should be downright cool, and exicting to use it. Imagine running really quickly, and tap the button and you leap foward in such an epic fashion that you can tap it again right away leaping foward to another location putting Assassin's Creed to shame all the while increasing your running speed. Then leaping once more ramming into the edge of a cliff and climbing up it rapidly to grab your target violently like a Xenomoprh from Aliens, and rip your enemy apart brutally. Even lead into a 4 man excalibur team leaping around quickly, and climbing around obstacles. Creating an elitle tactical unit that moves rapidly, and stealthily cleans up an entire room in seconds with incredibly percision.

First of all the highest the super jump goes is to the roof to a two floor building. How on earth you got 7 stories is a mystery, and would consistently kill you on use on the earth maps. Plus thats like 7 times higher than Zephy's flight straight up. Nothing in the game will launch you like that except for glitches.

• Maximized Power Strength increases the jump height to 17.1 meters.
    • Increases the cost to 15.5 energy.
    • Reduces Excalibur's armor by 5%.

Ive done it before. It still won't leap you high enough to hit the killzone on earth. How you even got 17.1 is a mystery. No one knows the exact measurements of anything in this game. Heck we don't even know how tall a real warframe stands.

And your still basiclly stating Excalibur jumps LITERALLY 7x the height of Zephy...

Edited by Arlayn

Ive done it before. It still won't leap you high enough to hit the killzone on earth. How you even got 17.1 is a mystery. No one knows the exact measurements of anything in this game. Heck we don't even know how tall a real warframe stands.

And your still basiclly stating Excalibur jumps LITERALLY 7x the height of Zephy...

There was a time where data mining was possible, DE has encoded the files now though.

I'm imagining a 7 floor building... Excalibur doesn't jump as high as a 7 floor building. Admittedly I haven't used Blind Rage and Intensify at the same time to see but I'm still skeptical.

I assume its all base on distance to marker, if you put one, game will tell you distance from camera to marker

That marker has to be dodgy/not correct then.

yeah but I even when I super jump I don't see myself literally LEAPING OVER A GUNDAM... Which usually stand between 16-17 meters.

Yeah, exactly.

Edited by Naith

I can appreciate that it is good that it costs only 10 energy - it ought to because it is fairly useless. Most places that it affords access to can be accessed through alternative means by a skilled parkourist. 

I can also appreciate that there is some sheer cool factor involved in being able to literally jump over buildings in a single bound... 

Which is why I am among those who are calling for a replacement power that would retain super jumping functionality (i.e. a costly, possibly toggleable mobility buff power that, when active, confers the ability to Super Jump - amongst a few other mobility/stamina/meleeing buffs like a modest speed buff). I consider that retaining an ability to Super Jump would still allow for the kind of gameplay that many of you are describing (combining SJ with radial blind and slash dash and radial javelin, jumping to bombadier with Ogris or Angstrum, etc). 

I hate to say it, but as is, even at a mere 10 energy by default, I cannot justify this ability using a precious end-build ability slot. Nevertheless, thanks for the useful PSA - there is a lot of misinformation out there that SJ costs 75. 

Here I got it with Blind rage, and intensify, and with the super jump being maxed out...

This is images of that one part where you start in the grineer ship and have to drop down the shaft. Well I tried to leap back up same shaft. This is the result.

Its still to the top of a two floor building

Warframe0370_zps14e11149.jpg

Warframe0372_zpse254c08d.jpg

Edited by Arlayn