Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Raid Bosses For Endgame?

Maes101

I'm close to reaching MR16 and i've been secretly hoping for this when i thought i was near the end of leveling stuff.

Are DE planning anything with big bad bosses like in (other) MMOs?
Something skill-based unlike Lephantis which is pretty much a matter of gear and being able to aim. Teamwork should also be required, even though there isn't specific roles like the holy trinity.

This would also somewhat cover the endgame part of the game and should obviously not be something you can farm with ease. The drops could be blueprints for cosmetic gear or maybe have some minor stats.

This game has huge potential but what do you think?

I know it has probably been discussed before but i haven't seen a thread about this in quite a while.

Inb4 1 hour T4 survival + Vor.

When I was hunting the G3, I thought it would be a good idea to have something like a five mission line up to hunt the G3 consistently.  This five mission line up would take about an hour, and then the last steps would be to kill the G3.  At this Point, DE could make more bosses and put them at the end of this five mission line up.  It would almost be like a dungeon from Guild Wars 2.  I feel this would be fun for a good amount of players.

Edited by thottt

When I was hunting the G3, I thought it would be a good idea to have something like a five mission line up to hunt the G3 consistently.  This five mission line up would take about an hour, and then the last steps would be to kill the G3.  At this Point, DE could make more bosses and put them at the end of this five mission line up.  It would almost be like a dungeon from Guild Wars 2.  I feel this would be fun for a good amount of players.

Yeah i played Guild Wars 2 and those dungeons were a challenge, which i would love in a game like this when you're pretty much maxed out.

I agree not the kind of think this game needs

I don't see how this game would suffer from that, but what endgame would you suggest, if any?

The mini-event that we had a while ago (with Ice-Eximus?) was pretty fun. The enemies hit like a truck, but at the same time, they weren't bullet sponges.

This might be an interesting approach for the boss battles as well. A boss that has a move or two that can insta-kill the entire squad if you don't watch your steps.

As for "big bosses", the upcoming J-3 is so big that he's the entire map itself, as far as I know.

The mini-event that we had a while ago (with Ice-Eximus?) was pretty fun. The enemies hit like a truck, but at the same time, they weren't bullet sponges.

This might be an interesting approach for the boss battles as well. A boss that has a move or two that can insta-kill the entire squad if you don't watch your steps.

As for "big bosses", the upcoming J-3 is so big that he's the entire map itself, as far as I know.

Yeah i recall i died a fair few times playing that event, it was pretty good.

Bosses that can instantly wipe your team if you don't follow a simple mechanic would be great, it feels good to at least know you're fighting a  truly powerful foe.

I'll check out the J-3.

I want the missions "to be able to wipe your team" not the damn bosses. Completion rates of 90%+ are not "hard missions", and they need to be. I soloed the Eximus event with a level 16 Mag and a Lato Vandal as the ONLY gun. It's just SLOW to do, it should have been next to impossible, not just  slow. "Impossible" is when mobs work so well together that they can slowly push you back into a corner and then kill you.

Also MR16 doesn't mean squat. MR is not "your level", it's how much boredom you can endure strapping a weapon to your back and carrying it around while it levels NOT being used while you Penta mobs on Sechura from the top of a light post. Come talk to me again when each weapon has to be leveled via a mechanic that actually  involves using it.

We need the entire game to step up, not raid events. If anything, that level of mission should be the ones that are failed on a regular basis, and have a degree of randomness so you can't just take optimal builds and need to cover multiple type of events.

-Snip-

Seems like you've thought about the end game than i have, but i agree that missions should scale better later instead of just being slightly stronger than the previous planet.

I didn't indicate that MR16 meant anything, i was just stating that i was closing in on leveling my gear and i was hoping for a challenge by then. Yet in my experience, people with MR12 or higher has tried to maxing out their favourite loadout, to a degree. Maybe it's a coincidence. 

Seems like you've thought about the end game than i have, but i agree that missions should scale better later instead of just being slightly stronger than the previous planet.

I didn't indicate that MR16 meant anything, i was just stating that i was closing in on leveling my gear and i was hoping for a challenge by then. Yet in my experience, people with MR12 or higher has tried to maxing out their favourite loadout, to a degree. Maybe it's a coincidence.

it is. I am only MR 10 but have been around since Update 9. I'm just not interested in grinding XP for things I don't like, and I'm very picky. Edited by Legion-Shields

Someone please tell me the real difference between 4 people shooting at Lephantis, and 20 people shooting at Bigger Version of Lephantis.

Never mentioned anything beyond a squad of four nor a bigger version of Lephantis.

But to answer your question: Nothing.

Someone please tell me the real difference between 4 people shooting at Lephantis, and 20 people shooting at Bigger Version of Lephantis.

More folks to revive cause thay were not looking their steps?

Yeah i played Guild Wars 2 and those dungeons were a challenge, which i would love in a game like this when you're pretty much maxed out.

I played it as well (will need to check it back soon :P) and I agree that dungeons were great....

although there is still nothing that will irritate me more than suggest of"safespotting" howling king.....

Not so convinced when it can potentially cost you real money to recover from that (loss of revives etc)...

seriously? anyone replenish their revives with plats?

don't know anyone that does....

If you ask me, we've already got our endgames:

Void for PvE

Dark Sectors for PvP (granted the PvP sector could use a little more fleshing out to make this more apparent)

Whenever someone brings up "we need end-game content" all I can think of is "so you want MORE end-game content?"

If you ask me, we've already got our endgames:

Void for PvE

Dark Sectors for PvP (granted the PvP sector could use a little more fleshing out to make this more apparent)

Whenever someone brings up "we need end-game content" all I can think of is "so you want MORE end-game content?"

yes, we need more end game contents.

MMO games have nearly neverending endgame because of its gear randomization and the feel that you can be more powerful than this

now, warframe will hit a wall once you get every mod, leveled them up, and you will just stare at things, occasionally getting other weapon to ease your boredom

what we need is somekind of randomized mods for stuff, thats why i was against mods 2.0, because you dont feel the thrill for getting mods, wanting to know their stats, and rejoice if the mod is the one you have been waiting for all the time

now, whenever you find a mod, you just hope its something rare so you can sell on the market or transmute it for rarer stuff you can get to sell on the market, which you will use the plats to get more weap/frame slots anyway

my suggestion that is they bring the old, randomized mods back. they could be earned in an high level void or other places where you get some randomized mods, then fusion the randomized mods for less % on effects, but it has dual/triple/quadruple stat, with chances that it may break

that should ease the itch for endgame, to get more mods that will empower your weapon, but then we hit another issue

enemy scaling

bring that modded weapon on early game, it will make other people get bored because they cant do stuff because you're destroying everything

bring that modded weapon on late game, after some time it will become useless anyway because of the absurd amounts of armor the enemies have

so at the end of the day, enemy scaling/mod scaling must be fixed

also most mods in warframe felt boring, more damage, more zoom, more rate of fire, there are some interesting mods(thunderbolt, acrobat, aviator, reflection, master thief, etc) but those are quickly shadowed out by damage mods, inconsistent features(parkour why u so "sticky/magnet"), or generally dont add much. but still, i like the idea of those mods

also there are little incentive for pvp, if you have creds on your vault so what?? DS is monopolized anyway