Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Updated] Feelings On The Difficulty Of Operation Gate Crash *09/23/14*

2ply

My Rhino base shields 1230... 4 missions in it's now down to something like 570. I just have to wonder how much shields would frames like Loki and Nova have at 15 missions?! Looks like I'll be sticking to Rhino as for some reason as soon as the Grineer half of the mission starts I acquire crippling lag and can barely move >_>

Rhino is fail in this event.  He isn't normally a tank, and Gate Crash will remind you sternly of this fact by making your Iron Skin have, literally, only a few hundred HP.  The sisters on Ceres were taking my iron skin off with a single shot. The problem is that the event also completely trivializes Stomp, which is normally Rhino's killer app, by making its range practically melee-only.  You're better off just pouncing on them with a heavy weapon and ground slams.

That goes for everything else too. There are plenty of ways to build frames such that they can do good work while being castrated in duration, or range, or power, but the event throws all three at you at once. There's only a very few things that remain at all useful.

The only form of defense that doesn't completely eat it during the progression of ner%&^e is armor, and the only warframe that has significant armor is Valkyr.

*shrug*

(I just realized that what probably prompted the Trinity changes was them testing this event in-house, and realizing that Trinity wouldn't be properly nerfed into the ground as a healer because her healing magnitude wasn't affected by anything except mod rank)

Edited by Momaw

I'll tell you what I'm &!$$ed about.  I had one group today that was actually fun and people actually cared about each other and worked together.

Every other time there's been some #$%^head just AFKing at the entrance.

I actually had one run where EVERYONE sat at extraction rather than help me do the objective.  I left.

I actually had one run where EVERYONE sat at extraction rather than help me do the objective.  I left.

Happens with every event, DE can't seem to do anything about it.

i'm at 8 exposure (i think) and my mirage has 50 or so health before I put vitality and redirection mods on, I'm glad that I can one shot the bosses with a dread headshot otherwise they would seriously ruin my day at this point. on a side note poison, bleed and, electric water do ruin my day really darn fast

Happens with every event, DE can't seem to do anything about it.

DE can't do anything about this because to verify reports of this they would need to be able to track exactly what everyone did during the missions and this would probably either melt another server like we did in the early days of this game or add a severe amount of lag into the game which would kill some peoples ability to play all together. (i'm not a computer engineer or have a degree in anything relevant to this so i could be wrong and this could be easy and not put any extra load on the server's at all.)

DE can't do anything about this because to verify reports of this they would need to be able to track exactly what everyone did during the missions and this would probably either melt another server like we did in the early days of this game or add a severe amount of lag into the game which would kill some peoples ability to play all together. (i'm not a computer engineer or have a degree in anything relevant to this so i could be wrong and this could be easy and not put any extra load on the server's at all.)

And then it gets to the point where people start to wonder if screenshotting and using support.warframe.com is really worth it. I personally don't think it is, either for the player, or the support staff. It's a mindset issue, one that hasn't exactly been discouraged with how the event was structured. I guess this is one of the sadder consequences where the whole thing about not actively encouraging participation plays out.

[...] So, probably the most standout drawback to this event is the fact that you're not really rewarded for participating in the mission. You're rewarded for being there. Yes, you get the other rewards if you open the caches, vaults, etc, but those were never the intention of the event. To officially have it recognised as one point either way doesn't encourage active participation in the event at all. [...] Being rewarded points based not on effort, but on number of times you can click into a mission and rush through is a poor substitute for player engagement.

And then it gets to the point where people start to wonder if screenshotting and using support.warframe.com is really worth it. I personally don't think it is, either for the player, or the support staff. It's a mindset issue, one that hasn't exactly been discouraged with how the event was structured. I guess this is one of the sadder consequences where the whole thing about not actively encouraging participation plays out.

For AFK'rs it might not be worth the effort i don't actually know what is done to them when its proven that they just sat there and did nothing. if your going to support.warframe.com with a screenshot of a bug that is messing your day up then it is worth because these get fixed.

as for the difficulty of the actual event at about 12 exposure point my weapons started doing very little damage (they are not fully modded but are more then half way) to the bosses (upward of 10k dread headshot and i'm not sure I harmed the boss) and a 5k kronen spin attack wasn't enough to kill some mobs at that point either. however i did see what i can only assume was a well modded paris prime one shoting (give or take about a 1/8th of a health bar) the bosses at this point.

so the conclusion i have come to is that this event is probably somewhat easy for players with fully modded weapons and frames, but for anyone who doesn't have a decently modded weapon and frame the last five points of this event could be a nightmare of enemies that one shot you.(AKA what people usually refer to as end game content)

Edited by jarthur

If you have problems with people AFK'ing the event and ruining your day....

Best suggestion is to run with your clan mates...or run with some friends....

If you don't have any clan mates..find a clan for the event...

If you don't have any friends find a clan

If you don't want to join a clan and don't have any friends because you want to be alone and solo all the time...don't complain about randoms afk'ing and ruining your day.

Just be tough and solo it like a manframe.

May this advice serve you well.

Edited by 2ply

extraction?  they probably were high-score players whith such debuffs that they would do no damage so they wanted you to do all the work. That's how this even is designed, it encourages  even forces high scorers to avoid fighting

extraction?  they probably were high-score players whith such debuffs that they would do no damage so they wanted you to do all the work. That's how this even is designed, it encourages  even forces high scorers to avoid fighting

The thing caps out at 15 exposure.

My 4 forma brakk was dropping crap like flies still though (hey I was leveling synapse and prova !).

i'm going to have to say this is true for the most part with a couple hundred or so exceptions, namely those people on the leaders boards the people with over 300 exposure point are probably getting one shot by everything if point debuff infinitely.

Edited by jarthur

The thing caps out at 15 exposure.

My 4 forma brakk was dropping crap like flies still though (hey I was leveling synapse and prova !).

i'm going to have to say this is true for the most part with a couple hundred or so exceptions, namely those people on the leaders boards the people with over 300 exposure point are probably getting one shot by everything if point debuff infinitely.

Health debuff caps at 20 or so  but damage gets debuffed to the point of 0 or in DEL own words "you should be completely impotent"  https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/312092-hotfix-1473-14731/

Im not insane enough to run this event that far, but people who scored 40+ say they don't deal any significant damage and have to get carried by low-score players.