The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why People Quit On You

HAYABU5A

or more accurately why people leave a session for unexplained reasons or quit at early waves on you frequently 

tl;dr - because your annoying 

dont despair however as its partially not your fault but game mechanics

you cant help it than explosive weapons shake the screen to oblivion so no one can aim and get headaches trying to track the screen (this needs to be removed or toggle option)

you cant help it that your ability with bright energy color blinds everyone and washes out the actual game

you cant help that some frames like mirage completely clutter the screen around them, or spam frames / crowd control frames if used at the wrong time slow down the waves/game to a snails pace

sure it looks pretty and hell yeah play however you want !

but if you want others to stay and play with you , might want to be aware of these issues otherwise you have no right to complain about people ditching you 

think about your interaction with your fellow tenno

what are you inflicting upon them if your stuck in the same area for a length of time ?

moderation and timing can make it more enjoyable for everyone, its not a contest and no one is impressed, the enjoyment is from playing effectively together (unless u like broken pvp wut)

otherwise enjoy playing solo or gamemodes where it doesnt matter 

and no its not because of credit rewards, not anymore, thanks to the greedy milk nolifer alliances lol (jk its not their fault either since DS control and wealth accumulation is pointless atm)

Edited by HAYABU5A

I'm staying away from Sechura as much as possible nowadays. I try asking people to stay but they usuallydont respond. I try explaining that things go more smoothly if we stay together near the pod, but everyone runs around and I wind topping the charts with three hundred revives. It's getting old. I just level stuff in missions where I need to farm stuff. Occasionally, you'll get an awesome group occasionally not. It's about fifty fifty for me.

heheh....because I pissed off a vauban player when i was in my banshee using SQ XD....the player called my an idiot, left and then I proceeded to take the other 2 to wave 15 before we left ahahahah.

otherwise, I am normally saving other players when they go down as i rarely go down myself.

heheh....because I &!$$ed off a vauban player when i was in my banshee using SQ XD....the player called my an idiot, left and then I proceeded to take the other 2 to wave 15 before we left ahahahah.

otherwise, I am normally saving other players when they go down as i rarely go down myself.

I know that feel dude. Vauban was all like your'e messing up their tracking and I don't want to run around grabbing resources.

Anyway there'r many reasons people could leave early. I usually try to stay for 15-20 but if there's someone who's just ruining it Ill leave.

I chose to use the Penta during DSD missions (depending if you get bonus XP for Rifles). If I am trying to level up a frame that has great CC (Nova) I will spam M Prime (truthfully I was using a speed reduction build but have learned to use the speed increas build for Infested defense).

I think a lot of people leave DSD's at wave 5 for the credit..I like to stay for the XP.

It's because the people have freedom to leave whenever they want, if you Have a problem with that, go make friends invite them and play.. instead of making such posts why people this, why people that, good luck

and hurrah, we can use "questions in the groupwindow before we start a game created at local hiring-chat :-)

and when i use a t4 key and if there is a brandnew level 3 volt with level1 mk1 in the group i regroup without the new player  =)))))))))

Edited by 7ENN0

you cant help it that your ability with bright energy color blinds everyone and washes out the actual game
you cant help that some frames like mirage completely clutter the screen around them,

Thank god, somebody who actually said it.

I felt like I'm the only one who really hates playing alongside Mirages. Sure, she's got nice DPS and abilities, but they're annoying, colorful, blinding screen spam. And most of the people who play Mirage run around with a Phage and mirror clones, making bright lights everywhere and preventing you from seeing much of anything, while they rush and mow everything down. My only recourse for Mirages is being faster than them, but then it makes me feel like a douchebag rusher killstealing from the rest of the team, when I merely want to play and not be blinded by the Mirage lightshow.

As for leaving early in Dark Sectors, I don't really mind. People do them for different reasons. Sometimes for resources, but sometimes if I've spent a lot of credits recently and my friends/clan aren't on for Voids, I might do a couple quick wave 5 DS's with any gear that needs XP. I usually stock up on credits when the taxes are low (like the 0% the other day) because you never know when they'll jack it back up and I don't feed greedy alliances. And usually, I bet doing two wave-5's finishes quicker than the people stuck going to wave 10 who get half the money.

And if the team thought they could do it and took the risk when they clearly can't handle more, it's better to play safe and get out. Plus, bugframe can crash/disconnect and rob you of rewards... So on the whole, I prefer shorter games (except for T4 Survivals, might as well get as much as you can out of a key.)

I don't see a reason to "stay for XP" in Dark Sectors because it's not like you get a percentage increase the longer you stay [other than perhaps negligible differences in tougher enemy spawns]. The only real incentive to stay is if it's a good, competent team all contributing and no doorway-heroes Rambo'ing everywhere, perhaps with a Vauban + Nekros for added benefits.

Edited by Zhyzak

I leave as soon as possible in invasion survival and defense missions. I'm only there to get my 3/3 and the mutagen/fieldron. I'm not there for a long haul, they don't last long and I just want to get in and out.

I'll leave if I don't think the group has any chance of going further. Been in enough groups that tried to push it further and failed miserably. If it's wave 14 and we've got someone that's been downed 5 times then i'm out after wave 15.

I don't see a reason to "stay for XP" in Dark Sectors because it's not like you get a percentage increase the longer you stay... To the best of my knowledge, if you get the same amount of kills, two wave 5's should be equal to one wave 10 in XP, etc. The only real incentive to stay is if it's a good, competent team all contributing and no doorway-heroes Rambo'ing everywhere, perhaps with a Vauban + Nekros for added benefits.

Not True The longer you stay the more XP is gained for each type of enemy.

Example of just one type of emeny the same principle applies to all enemy varieties

wave 1-4 generate standard MOA's gives you xp of 50

wave 5-9 generate shokwwave MOA's gives xp of 100

wave 10+ generate Fusion MOA's gives xp of 200

You can see that killing the same number of enemies in wave 10 will generate 4 times the xp that it will in wave 1-4

Edited by (PS4)Fbeast2

i mostly play with my clan

but when i do pug missions it does annoy me sometimes that some ppl just dont give a f*uck

last night i was playing on the DS defence on pluto and some idiot had brought 

a rank 12 excal and a rank 3 glavie P... and that was it!

he made no kill didnt even use blind or enything... was just leeching

lucky for me the 2 others where from my clan and we decided to ditch him at wave 15

pressing evac at the last second so that he stayed...

I think one of the main reasons that people don't explain themselves any more is that its become expected that people don't communicate in chat. I'm thinking of Fight Club here and how he describes things as "one time use"

Thats how Pub squads are becoming, "One time use" and then you leave. No goodbyes, no see you laters, no nothing.

The fast pace of the gameplay is also an issue. People are too used to doing everything quickly without actually sitting down and discussing anything. Quite honestly, this game doesn't require large amounts of strategy, if any strategy at all. I can go through 10 or 20 squads with matching runs and not say one word and we rarely ever fail.

This game (at least in my opinion) was made to be played with a team, but, the warframes, the weapons, the powers don't really require any co-operation, as long as each person plays effectively as an individual, the whole group will succeed. It would be nice if they did something like in Mass Effect where powers can be combined together to make a stronger attack, or even warframes that gives passive buffs to other specific warframes.