Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

First Person Could Work In Warframe

MrJxt

Would feel awkward as Warframe isnt FPS. Its 3rd person arcade-ish tactical shooter.

And how would you keep awareness of your surroundings in FPS?

parkour should be more difficult in that position too.

Let's not forget about Mirror's Edge, as much as I love that game, the parkour in first person was iffy

STOP SUGGESTING FIRST PERSON VIEW INTO A PARKOUR GAME THAT WAS MADE FOR THIRD PERSON VIEW UNLESS YOU WANT TO VOMIT AND BREAK YOUR KEYBOARD AND SCREEN.

Irrelevant, no one is asking to force you in to first person mode. They are only asking to alternatively be allowed to play in first person mode; The degraded experience is not in question here, why do you care so much if someone else gets motion sickness?

There are many people who just prefer first person, and others who have a stick up their *** about third person and refuse to play anything that isn't first person (I know such people, they refuse to play anything that is third person no matter how awesome it is for reasons that make no sense at all). The main reason i'm likely to eventually quit this game is that I can't convince enough people to play it... only reason they won't play? it's not first person.

Furthermore the argument that parkour can't be done in first person is really bogus, Titanfall is simple proof this argument is baseless. Is it better done in 3rd person? sure I believe it is, can it only be done as third person? absolutely not.

My experience with the First Person bug was extremely smooth. After getting used to the face flying all over my screen, I found it gave new depth to the gameplay, and definitely made fighting Infested a lot more engaging. Unlike in third person where you fly into crowds and destroy everything, first person makes me feel vulnerable, and I do my best to kite the Infested and keep my distance. It's unlikely, but I would support the addition of a first person cam, minus the helmet, to the options menu.

I don't think anyone would want their camera flying all over the screen when parkouring or coptering, so might as well just not add screen shake from that in.

Edited by jwapplephobia

Sorry to any one of you who wishes for a first-person view of the game. The devs have said, simply, that the resources required to accomplish this would be far too great, and they do not wish to pursue it.

What are they pursuing exactly? Because so far 1 year of development has mainly been put into RNG Grind.