Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Could The Orokin Be The Descendants Of America

Atmosquake

If that were true the orokin would of had to of been around during dark sector. There is no lore connecting orokin and the technocyte virus so this is just random canon lore without base lore.

DE did state that the two games are both connected... -https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/202706-march-28th- community-hot-topics/#entry2357155

Also there's this "During a war with what were known as the "Sentients" the Orokin created the Technocyte Virus [citation needed] as a way to combat them. Very little information remains on what their goals may have been, but this shows the Orokin had a mastery over organic and technological aspects." I don't think that there's any proof that the Orokin created it (Which is why I put Citation needed)

Edited by PikaBomb

I think it would be more likely for the Orokin to be the descendants of humans from all over the world, or particularly, oriental countries, due to the fact all of the weapons and other items spoken of as being from "old earth" are of Japanese design.

Or weeaboo americans. <- Most likely case.

DE did state that the two games are both connected... -https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/202706-march-28th- community-hot-topics/#entry2357155

Also there's this "During a war with what were known as the "Sentients" the Orokin created the Technocyte Virus [citation needed] as a way to combat them. Very little information remains on what their goals may have been, but this shows the Orokin had a mastery over organic and technological aspects." I don't think that there's any proof that the Orokin created it (Which is why I put Citation needed)

Yes they are connected but that is still huge leap away from them being canon to each other. 

Go the main article (infested http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Infested) and read on. "In Warframe, the Technocyte Virus was possibly created, then utilized by the Orokin to combat the "Sentients"." It's more fan lore, there is no actual connection to the orokin and the virus' origins. The orokin didn't use this virus to fight back as far as we know. The virus could of very well disappeared arfter dark sector but that would be boring if it did.

What we can say is that at some point a faction has picked up the virus and by the looks of the infested that faction has altered the virus.

Go the main article (infested http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Infested) and read on. "In Warframe, the Technocyte Virus was possibly created, then utilized by the Orokin to combat the "Sentients"." It's more fan lore, there is no actual connection to the orokin and the virus' origins. The orokin didn't use this virus to fight back as far as we know. The virus could of very well disappeared arfter dark sector but that would be boring if it did.

What we can say is that at some point a faction has picked up the virus and by the looks of the infested that faction has altered the virus.

No, the Orokin created "The Infestation" and specifically Lephantis (The Lotus is explicit about that). The infestation certainly is a strain of the technocyte-virus-as-it-was-in-Dark-Sector, but not the same. The infestation was most likely created, but not deployed, to fight the Sentients (if the Tenno failed) based on the original technocyte virus, that the Orokin were _very_ experienced with.

Given what the Devs have said about "re-purposed as technology ... metal that is also alive " I think it's pretty clear that morphics/forma are the refined version of the Dark sector era technocyte virus by-product, living-metal. And IMHO the Orokin are the "Agency Futurist Enclave" made immortal and gold by slowly augmenting their bodies with the living metal (Forma) that they developed.

I discuss that here:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/202045-what-defines-the-orokin-and-what-rougly-did-they-look-like/

Edited by SilentMobius

No, the Orokin created "The Infestation" and specifically Lephantis (The Lotus is explicit about that). The infestation certainly is a strain of the technocyte-virus-as-it-was-in-Dark-Sector, but not the same. The infestation was most likely created, but not deployed, to fight the Sentients (if the Tenno failed) based on the original technocyte virus, that the Orokin were _very_ experienced with.

Given what the Devs have said about "re-purposed as technology ... metal that is also alive " I think it's pretty clear that morphics/forma are the refined version of the Dark sector era technocyte virus by-product, living-metal. And IMHO the Orokin are the "Agency Futurist Enclave" made immortal and gold by slowly augmenting their bodies with the living metal (Forma) that they developed.

I discuss that here:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/202045-what-defines-the-orokin-and-what-rougly-did-they-look-like/

The Lotus is explicit about Lephatis being created to fight in the old war but by whom is not stated. The fact that now it's an infested doesn't mean it always was ("orokin turned infested ship") by the looks of it we can assume it once was a war machine but now has gained a conscious from the infested. From the orokin perspective releasing something that only wants to convert against another thing that only converts leaves you with the orokin dying from two great powers that only consume. If they had any experience in the virus they would of used it already which means the virus was inaffective. So either it was found arfter the tenno went to war or the orokin never had control of the virus.

What is more straight forward is if the infested/technocyte virus were the sentients which would explain their similarities in taking over all technology and life forms (orokin included). The sentients changed into what we see today due to their near extinction and the radical change in technology. However there must of been "spores" (or something) on the orokin ships, arfter the Tenno killed the orokin, these spores were free to grow which resulted in orokin towers and Lephantis being infested. Considereing the extensive damage to the towers and parts of the tower that the sentients can't touch, parts with void energy (such as vaults), I imagine that they can not convert the tower and thus can't return to their sentient glory. They only way they expand is by the ships that find these infested towers. Leaving a few spores or infested on those ships allows the infested to travel and convert (explains why we find an infested in the holding cells).

Edited by Postal_pat

From the Dark Sector Wiki

"The Technocyte virus (or T-Cyte for short) is a dangerous infection featured in the game. It is still mostly enigmatic and it's origins are not fully known, although it is hinted that the virus originated from the United States"

Edited by Cowhawk

It's always america's fault. No, just joking. It's Putin's fault.

Slava Ukrayini. 

However, probably the Orokin Era came a lot of time after our days, so it's difficult to say if there still were nations and states like USA. Probably not.

Second, remember that Dark Sectore background is different from Warframe one. In Dark Sector, the Technocyte Virus is a weapon createn by a nation and used by a crazy scientist. In Warframe, the Technocyte Virus is a weapon created by a dying race that was trying to survive, not to gain more power. 

Edited by Latronico

More than likely the orokin during their rule. Essentially united people under a single banner so there wasn't "american" or anything else, just the orokin, at least till the tenno came along (or maybe they had always been?)

The tenno became separate unto their own because of the viewing them as monster/demons.

Edited by Echoa