The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Could The Orokin Be The Descendants Of America

Atmosquake

More than likely the orokin during their rule. Essentially united people under a single banner so there wasn't "american" or anything else, just the orokin, at least till the tenno came along (or maybe they had always been?)

The tenno became separate unto their own because of the viewing them as monster/demons.

You must be talking about the NWO(New World Orokin),

Go the main article (infested http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Infested) and read on. "In Warframe, the Technocyte Virus was possibly created, then utilized by the Orokin to combat the "Sentients"." It's more fan lore, there is no actual connection to the orokin and the virus' origins. The orokin didn't use this virus to fight back as far as we know. The virus could of very well disappeared arfter dark sector but that would be boring if it did.

What we can say is that at some point a faction has picked up the virus and by the looks of the a that faction has altered the virus.

Well actually, the Lotus says this during the  lephantis mission "a creature made to fight in the old war....the creature has grown unfathomably strong after centuries of absorbing matter and self-replication." Since lephantis is infested, we can assume that the Orokin created or at the very least use the virus and controlled it, and used it for their own purposes 

Edited by Amethyst.zero

Well actually, the Lotus says this during the  lephantis mission "a creature made to fight in the old war....the creature has grown unfathomably strong after centuries of absorbing matter and self-replication." Since lephantis is infested, we can assume that the orokin created the virse to fight in the old war

Yes we can assume that but since centuries have also passed since the time of the orokin. I could assume the opposite and say that it started absorbing matter and self-replicating arfter the orokin were killed by the tenno. This was in my post, #15 on the first page, stuff about infested being sentients and what-not.

America is an empire. All Empires fall....so....maybe

The USA are a federation, like the EU.

Besides, I sincerely doubt that Earth during the Orokin-era still has our current nations. The Orokin might just as well have been the one and only nation humanity knew by that time (a unified humanity... finally everyone has realized that we all are basically the same).

DE did state that the two games are both connected... -https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/202706-march-28th- community-hot-topics/#entry2357155

Also there's this "During a war with what were known as the "Sentients" the Orokin created the Technocyte Virus [citation needed] as a way to combat them. Very little information remains on what their goals may have been, but this shows the Orokin had a mastery over organic and technological aspects." I don't think that there's any proof that the Orokin created it (Which is why I put Citation needed)

Them creating the virus, reminds me of the engineers creating the Xenomorph-producing-oozing-stuff from Prometheus....Only comes to mind because I just saw that yesterday :P

I think it can be generally agreed that Orokin was an interplanetary, possibly interstellar, empire that grew from the seeds of a united humanity.  Whether or not that unity was facilitated or forced by the USA or some derivative thereof is really a moot point.

And for those citing Dark Sector as a connection in this...let me remind you that there are notable difference between the Technocyte of Dark Sector and the Infestation of Warframe.  Even discounting the improbability of Cold War science engineering a nanoscale techno-organic bioweapon, it is quite likely that the Infestation of today is not the Infestation encountered by Hayden Tenno, but rather a recreation or a derivative engineered by the Orokin for the war against the Sentients.  So even if the USA did create Technocyte, there is little evidence linking that act to deployment of the Infestation by the Orokin.

I think it can be generally agreed that Orokin was an interplanetary, possibly interstellar, empire that grew from the seeds of a united humanity.  Whether or not that unity was facilitated or forced by the USA or some derivative thereof is really a moot point.

I think it's more likely that the Orokin are a limited set of near-immortal God-Emperors responsible for the recreation of humanity after it near-obliteration at the hands of the Dark-Sector-Era Technocyte virus.

I think they created something that was their version of a "perfect society" with their created humans ruled by their "benevolent wisdom", hence the Opulence of their design. It's all very 1%er human, not alien or AI style in the slightest.

I don't think they admitted to their subjects that they were simply augmented humans that actually contributed to the fall of humanity (The Dark Sector "Agency Futurist Enclave"). I think the Tenno found out who they were and who they were to Hayden Tenno (They betrayed him) hence they turned against them.

The Orokin being a race doesn't make sense to me. As we have explicit statements that the Orokin were targeted by the Tenno so wouldn't the Tenno have eliminated all the humans if all humans were Orokin, also if there was no difference between the "Orokin" and their subjects then why did the knowledge of their Tech disappear as soon as the Tenno rebelled? If the Corpus and Grineer are descended from actual Orokin how come all their Tech has to be re-discovered? Surely someone would have been an engineer or scientist and would have passed on their knowledge.

It's much more likely and fitting with the setting that the Orokin were a small ruling group who kept much of their technology as a jealously guarded secret, producing discreet elements (Cells, Forma, Catalyst, reactors) that were virtually impossible to produce without Orokin approval. hence why their tech is so easy to integrate into lower forms of tech and why there are so many "sealed unit" elements.

So IMHO all the characters mentioned codex so far are _not_ Orokin. But human vassals doing the bidding of their Orokin rulers. Kaleen, the older inquisitor, Mag Prime's soldier friend, all human, not Orokin.