Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Love Volt, But...

(PSN)Wolfer93

... not digging the low armor rating. It just feels like he's so fragile because of it. Thankfully his shields aren't low, but he's at the bottom with Zephyr and Banshee. Taking him out on tougher missions is definitely something that takes me more than three times to consider. Which reminds me, I barely see him, Zephyr, or Banshee, anywhere. It's like people avoid them in missions higher in level than Earth. And as someone who adores Volt and wants to use him a lot, it makes me a bit sad.

But with the perspective of it being just my opinion, I'm curious about other people. Is Volt's low armor an issue, according to you?

Edited by (PS4)Wolfer93

Edited the main post a bit. Gets me wondering why I see him so little so often.

You guys are right though. But I still notice I'm at risk of bleeding out more when I play Volt than when I play, say, Frost. I'm not sure. Probably because I lack the ability to place his electric shield well oh dear.

EDIT: ON THE OTHER HAND...

What if you're surrounded? Quickly popping a few shields can already take enough time for you to go down.

Edited by (PS4)Wolfer93

Edited the main post a bit. Gets me wondering why I see him so little so often.

You guys are right though. But I still notice I'm at risk of bleeding out more when I play Volt than when I play, say, Frost. I'm not sure. Probably because I lack the ability to place his electric shield well oh dear.

EDIT: ON THE OTHER HAND...

What if you're surrounded? Quickly popping a few shields can already take enough time for you to go down.

Well frost does have 360 degree shield :)

I play Ember which is wrapped in paper instead of armor, so I learned early on to use cover and stay mobile.

I don't think Volt's armor is an issue. He has very high shielding and a decent amount of health, and he's a caster frame with two abilities that stun/damage, one that blocks incoming bullets, and one to help him high tail it out of danger. I think he's got a good deal of survivability (his shield skill alone is what got me through those Suspicious Shipment alerts where high-armored frames were getting one-shotted).

Well frost does have 360 degree shield :)

I play Ember which is wrapped in paper instead of armor, so I learned early on to use cover and stay mobile.

I try to keep shield abilities out of perspective. Honestly just looking to the frame outside of the abilities in that particular post.

EMBER! I knew there was another with 15 armor. She just looks so.. strong I hadn't considered her at all.

Edited by (PS4)Wolfer93

Is Volt's low armor an issue, according to you?

No. I have too much health and shields, and where there are strong enemies I take all sorts of measures to avoid them or kill them before they can do anything.

Even though I don't rely heavily on his Shields or his Speed, he is one of the frames I'd choose for a high level mission.

No, electric shield makes his armor irrelevant against all factions

if you shoot through your shields with an amprex/synapse, you do 6*10^23 bazillion damage per tick, and also get the range uncapped on those weapons - poor infested don't even get a chance to get close. you instakill even lvl40 eximus ancients

only venomous eximuses and if you aren't careful enough the mutalist osprays can damage your health, so yeah, armor doesn't matter

Shock is a good friend for me; throw down a bolt near a group of (possibly) dangerous enemies to stun them, then unload with my ranged weapons, or if I'm close enough, become a whirlwind of death while they struggle to regain control of their nervous system.

Most of you guys have given interesting answers. So thanks for that!

I wonder about what loadouts ya'll use? Rank for redirection and vitality?

Just me, but for casters like Volt, I mainly only run a maxed VIgor for health and shields since that's all I'll ever need.

Depending on what you'll build, focus more on efficiency and strength for Volt's 1 and 4 (in that order, prioritize efficiency.)

For Speed and Shield, go for duration and range with a side helping of efficiency.  Unlike Frost, you'd probably want more duration than efficiency. (and a bit of strength if you're gonna use speed more)