Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tiberon 5% Crit Chance? Why So Low?

Pearlkryer

Doesn't the tiberon have greater damage and fire rate though?

Sybaris has more physical damage and its damage is equally distributed so you can build it for any faction. Fire rate doesn't mean much on a burst fire weapon because most burst fires have long reload times.

Yeah because status matters when you 1 shot most enemies.

you should stop playing in mercury then also no everyone will waste a forma/potatoe to make it able to isnta kill level 30+ mobs.

Edited by Dasmir

The Sybaris is a burst weapon too and is superior in both crit chance and status chance. Its really disappointing, they could have done something good with this weapon.

The tiberon can fire twice as many bursts per mag, and has a much higher overall fire rate. They did do something good with this weapon, they made it a sidegrade to existing stuff and not a straight upgrade.

Sybaris has more physical damage and its damage is equally distributed so you can build it for any faction. Fire rate doesn't mean much on a burst fire weapon because most burst fires have long reload times.

The Sybaris is only a 2 round burst though so that's 140 dmg while the teburon is a three young Burst doing 60 dmg each Bullet Fired from the trigger pull so 60 x 3 is 180 the crit is the only good part of the sybaris vs tiberon But the sybaris can only do 5 Burst before it needs to reload the Tiberon can fire 10 Burst that also should be a factor.

Edited by LurkenLurker

The Sybaris is only a 2 round burst though so that's 140 dmg while the teburon is a three young Burst doing 60 dmg each Bullet Fired from the trigger pull so 60 x 3 is 180 the crit is the only good part of the sybaris vs tiberon But the sybaris can only do 5 Burst before it needs to reload the Tiberon can fire 10 Burst that also should be a factor.

The Sybaris has 25% crit chance, 20% status chance, faster reload, more base damage despite the 2 round burst and remember the crit chance which counts towards it being better. The status chance is negligible on the Tiberon and the crit chance is a pure downgrade from the Latron. I can easily do 3-4k with my sybaris with one or two shots. The only reason why anyone would ever pick up the Tiberon over the Sybaris is due to Tiberon being rank 4 mastery while Sybaris is rank 5. Sybaris is an overall better weapon.

The tiberon can fire twice as many bursts per mag, and has a much higher overall fire rate. They did do something good with this weapon, they made it a sidegrade to existing stuff and not a straight upgrade.

Yay, because a faster fire-rate is totally going to make it compete against the other burst rifles. Come on now, 5% crit chance on a burst!? Magazine size and physical damage is what saves it from being a total failure. I've seen you ride DE on other forums, its a bit sad that you always come to their defense rather than sharing an unbias opinion. What can I expect...

Edited by Slamyourjam

Sybaris is an overall better weapon.

I'd have to disagree. After having used the Tiberon, I think it's just as good as the Sybaris, if not better.

Edit: this is a reply to your above post as well.

I've seen you ride DE on other forums, its a bit sad that you always come to their defense rather than sharing an unbias opinion. What can I expect...

Really? Well, good to know that the only way to have an unbiased opinion is to agree with you.

Edited by vaugahn

The Sybaris has 25% crit chance, 20% status chance, faster reload, more base damage despite the 2 round burst and remember the crit chance which counts towards it being better. The status chance is negligible on the Tiberon and the crit chance is a pure downgrade from the Latron. I can easily do 3-4k with my sybaris with one or two shots. The only reason why anyone would ever pick up the Tiberon over the Sybaris is due to Tiberon being rank 4 mastery while Sybaris is rank 5. Sybaris is an overall better weapon.

Tiberon has faster fire rate can burst 10 times in very quick succession and is a three round burst instead of two round with no recoil what so ever from the weapon meaning i can burst from target to target faster then the sybaris could ever dream of doing i can also  man a 2 from the top to max heavy cal and still get consistent head shots. I don't think you under stand what having a high rate of fire means for Burst weapons the higher the fire rate the less of a down time in between trigger pulls meaning is Tiburon is better at taking on a a large horde of mobs cause it has a way shorter down time between shots. 

Edited by LurkenLurker

Basically, DE releases a weapon with neither high crit chance nor high status chance, and people suddenly don't know what to do with themselves.

Just go back to the old days of stacking 90% elemental mods. That's all you need.

With the precision of the bursts there is another thing they could do, increase the multiplier, for example to 3 while keeping the 5% chance. In essence you have around 15% that at least one bullet crits and would have a multiplier between 1,6 (i think) and 3 depending on how many of the three crit.

Its on builder already, check the fully moded stats, its good (~10% lower DPS than Soma).  

Also high base damage means its decent with little mods while crit weapons must have 2 crit mods just to be decent (ie non-crit Soma is worse than Karak)   So you dont even need a potatoe to make it work with basic build.

ITT People who don't understand different guns serving different purposes

Tiberon I would take against Infested or other missions where there are a lot of enemies I'd need to take out at a time. It's a bread and butter gun that packs a punch, but not to the level of the Sybaris; which is a precision rifle.

The low magazine size is also important for the Sybaris, one of the few things holding it back, especially combined with the long[ish] reload. Tiberon has a larger magazine but a marginally longer reload as well, the extra shots can help you clear a room more so you can find cover to reload in.

Either way these two are going to be devastating when they get primed years from now.

Edited by Draciusen

I don't have time for a lengthy post here (and I'm doing this on a Vita anyway so... yeah...) but I just wanted to put a brief note up about how burst fire firerates work in Warframe. 

They actually have two separate firerates, one (the one you see in the arsenal) is the delay between bursts (~150ms in this case) which can be affected by firerate mods and a second one that isn't displayed and can't be altered (unless they've changed something) that determines the delay between rounds in the burst itself. We don't have that second value for the Tiberon, so we can't accurately calculate its' DPS.

Interestingly though, if we try to use the burst  rate value from the Burston family (25 or in other words, 40ms between rounds) we end up with a total rate of 230ms with the burst (80ms) and delay (150ms) which equals out to a firerate just under 4.3 bursts per second. Almost exactly the firerate of the Latron (and given that the numbers are rounded off in the arsenal it may be that they are exactly the same). So  I suspect that's about what it is.

That seems to be more or less what it feels like in game at least, and it would make a certain amount of sense. It would also put the Tiberon at around a 25-30% higher firerate than the Boltor Prime, while also dealing around 9% more damage per round. I think it's doing alright on the damage front ;), but the lack of status may ultimately be somewhat crippling in the long run. 

This is the exact definition of good videogame balance, and a sign of an awesome weapon.

Position A: Reasonable argument that Sybaris is better (to this person)

Position B: Reasonable Argument that Tiberon is better (to this person)

End result: Balanced, different weapons for different people.

/thread

Edited by notionphil

Tiberon has faster fire rate can burst 10 times in very quick succession and is a three round burst instead of two round with no recoil what so ever from the weapon meaning i can burst from target to target faster then the sybaris could ever dream of doing i can also  man a 2 from the top to max heavy cal and still get consistent head shots. I don't think you under stand what having a high rate of fire means for Burst weapons the higher the fire rate the less of a down time in between trigger pulls meaning is Tiburon is better at taking on a a large horde of mobs cause it has a way shorter down time between shots. 

Sure, its great for larger mobs. But if you're dealing with larger mods you have to understand that burst fire weapons are less effective. That is why the Sybaris feels like a better burst fire weapon because despite it having an abysmal magazine, it deals massive amounts of damage especially when you're using viral on it you will see heavy units drop like flies. Tiberons fast rate of fire is impressive sure, but the question is whether it competes with the other burst fire weapons and I don't think it does, at least not in terms of DPS output. Don't get me wrong though, I don't mind the Tiberon at all I think its great having some more weapons. The more the merrier! I just think that they need to have something redeeming about them. 

Edited by Slamyourjam

This is the exact definition of good videogame balance, and a sign of an awesome weapon.

Position A: Reasonable argument that Sybaris is better (to this person)

Position B: Reasonable Argument that Tiberon is better (to this person)

End result: Balanced, different weapons for different people.

/thread

Weapons having positives and negatives does not mean that they are balanced. If most of the burst fire rifles outperform the tiberon then the tiberon becomes the weaker weapon.

I'd have to disagree. After having used the Tiberon, I think it's just as good as the Sybaris, if not better.

Edit: this is a reply to your above post as well.

Really? Well, good to know that the only way to have an unbiased opinion is to agree with you.

The tiberon is just as good as the sybaris? Oh, I don't know. Seeing as I hit 3-4k with it plus viral damage and some magazine mods to help with the consistency I'd say it pretty much destroys Tiberon. That being said I shouldn't be bringing up modded weapons but the status chance makes it a beast!

What? I never said you have to agree with me, I'm completely fine with that. I have yet to see any negativity or criticism from you towards DE and their decisions, in fact you were defending their decisions. Until I see you disagreeing with someone DE has done I can't take you seriously.

Edited by Slamyourjam

Why so much rage about a weapon that doesnt have crit chance?

Its a burst weapon, with high accuracy, almost no recoil (more accuracy), 60 base damage x 3 shots.

Christ, im getting it soonest as possible. Now THATS a good weapon.

Not every weapon needs crits to make damage, sometimes you will need a ogris to deal with a single enemy, sometimes you just need a lato to deal with an entire horde.

All you need is skill (and not eating bullets like most people do, learn to dodge and move)

Why so much rage about a weapon that doesnt have crit chance?

Its a burst weapon, with high accuracy, almost no recoil (more accuracy), 60 base damage x 3 shots.

Christ, im getting it soonest as possible. Now THATS a good weapon.

Not every weapon needs crits to make damage, sometimes you will need a ogris to deal with a single enemy, sometimes you just need a lato to deal with an entire horde.

All you need is skill (and not eating bullets like most people do, learn to dodge and move)

Don't talk about skill. This game is hardly considered a "skill" based game. More level up and grind your way to the top than anything but that's another discussion and I don't want to jump off topic.

Probably because it already does insane amounts of dmg and considering all the high crit burst fire and semi-auto rifles we have its nice to have something a bit different for a change.

Not every weapon has to be either crit or status heavy. IT will likely still continue to be OP by running on a pure dmg build.

Some people will like it and some wont. Thats fine by me.

Either way its lack of crit or status is neither here nor there.

I'm more concerned with weapons I enjoy the feel of and like using. When I get around to building it I'm pretty sure I'll like it regardless of stats.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

Probably because it already does insane amounts of dmg and considering all the high crit burst fire and semi-auto rifles we have its nice to have something a bit different for a change.

Not every weapon has to be either crit or status heavy. 

Sure, but what makes it viable compared to a status heavy or crit heavy weapon? 

Weapons having positives and negatives does not mean that they are balanced. If most of the burst fire rifles outperform the tiberon then the tiberon becomes the weaker weapon.

True, too bad that's not what I said.

What I said is that two people can make reasonable, logical arguments about why weapon A is better or why weapon B is better. And yet neither is correct or incorrect.

That is what I am referring to as balance. Balance is subjective, in case you haven't noticed.

Sure, but what makes it viable compared to a status heavy or crit heavy weapon? 

The fact that just about every weapon is viable all the way up to "endgame"?

What makes it viable is that it will get you through 99% of game content and how much you enjoy using it.

Min/maxing is fun for a while. Then you start to stop caring about numbers or whether weapon A is slightly better then weapon B.

As WF is now there isn't even really a need to have that kind of attitude considering the efficiency gap between most weapons of a similar class is negligible and only relevant if you plan on going to 60+ min survivals and breaking the game.

If I had to break it down I couldn't give you a number heavy speel about what makes it viable over crit heavy weapons because I'm yet to use it.

Point being viability is highly subjective and numbers are half the picture.

Hek, I've played a T4 survival game with an excal using a flux rifle. 50 minutes in he was still dropping gunners like its hot, and apparently the flux rifle is S#&$ according to the forums. 

Edited by StinkyPygmy