Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Crashing After Hotfix 14.9.1

Thural

TL;DR, I have tested the game in DX11, DX10, and DX9. I have tried with different settings, also at max and at lowest possible. I am having major slowdowns from 60FPS constant to 30FPS on the login screen, player spaceship and ingame on all the nodes I've played so far. I didn't have any issues last night when playing.

Hey all, I started up Warframe today and got the latest 14.9.1 patch and I have been experiencing really random slowdowns that are constantly happening at the login screen, while in the player's ship and in all tilesets so far. I have tried with DX11, DX10 and DX9 as well as trying out different combinations of graphical settings.

My hardware is not overheating, I have updated all my drivers and I am not running anything in the background that could impede my system's performance.

I was just playing last night and experienced no issues whatsoever, I play in DX11 99% of the time so I know this isn't a DX9 "not being default" issue. It seems as if DX10 is a bit more stable than the others, but I still experienced slow downs in DX10 nonetheless and it really puts me off from playing.

Also to mods, please don't move this to players helping players. If anything move this to the PC section, but I know this isn't an issue on my side as all of my other games aren't experiencing slowdowns like this.

Edited by EChondo

when my frost prime was done i took it on a mercury mission it freezes music stops and crashes every time but other warframes don't. fix this fast de 

i ve had it

first the mission start bug. (when i press play now doesn't start)

couldnt play for a week

then the event bug.(couldn't play it crashed always)

i missed the event . 

and now at last i got frost prime and i cant use it :(

DE this is becoming ridiculous.

i really like the game but why always buggy.

i rely on u to make this game fun.

As far as bugs go, they have their hands full with updates, hotfixes and such. Report them to the DE in the support (Bottom of the forums page.), they will help fix it. You can even do a personal pm to support.

Anyway, defrag and optimize, clear your bad reg and restart your computer, then try again.

You mean verify, not defrag? Cause I'm not defraging my SSD.

I've done everything else, tested and I'm still experiencing slowdowns.

Oh well, back to Shadow of Mordor I guess. Thanks anyway.

it was just a couple hotfixes ago that they changed the wording on the launcher from "defrag" to "verify". He most likely has not looked at either the release notes or the launcher in quite some time. His advice was still sound.

Coupled with todays hotfix were definite performance tweaks, that are causing issues and crashes.

it was just a couple hotfixes ago that they changed the wording on the launcher from "defrag" to "verify". He most likely has not looked at either the release notes or the launcher in quite some time. His advice was still sound.

Coupled with todays hotfix were definite performance tweaks, that are causing issues and crashes.

Still doesn't explain his post. I specifically asked him "Verify, not defrag?" and instead of looking at the launcher himself he just dismisses what I asked and assumed I was looking in the wrong place? Give me a break.

Other than that, yeah I'm reading about some other users on different forums and on here as well having issues. Guess I'll just wait for 14.9.2 or next week's update if the team can't push out a fix before the weekend or early next week.

I have opened Warframe like 25 times now. Now the loading screen gets stuck and if it loads its very slow. Out of the 25 times, like 20 times the game could load the first screen to access my ship. But then y try to go in a mission and in the middle of my loading screen (which is now very slow and freezed) my screen would come black, then white, then black, several repetiotions before Warframe gets crashed and I cannot open it in my tabs and I cannot open any other program, basically I cannot move till I do ctrl+ alt+supr and close the program then I receive the little grey window of "Warframe Crashed". I really need help because just yesterday I could play normally, but today I cannot join a single mission, not even a Dojo. I tried playing windowed --> failed. Also tried to record what happened or take screendhots --> failed, and actually my recorder program crashed with Warframe. Please help me. Thanks in advance.

So I was playing from 8am to 2pm, and throughout this time, I've crashed a total of 14 times, all during mission loading/launching. 

No idea why, no idea how.

Anybody sharing this problem, or know how to fix this?

Next time it crashes, grab the recommended logs and submit a support ticket. The logs will likely contain the relevant information in addition to your report of what exactly you were doing at the time for support to provide assistance, they may even have a solution already as others may have experienced a similar crash.

Edited by Elvang

You never mentioned, that you waited hours with unresponsive launcher, so I assumed, that you were just closing it each time after it crashed.

If you haven't thought of using task manager, well, good that I told you to do so. It can truly save a lot of time, pressing three keys instead of restarting the whole PC.

And fragmented HDD has nothing to do with hardware (well, partially), I recommend you read some about how the data on disk gets fragmented and what causes it. I assure you, that your disk is fragmented, if you have't defragged it in some time.

If the problem persists, try contacting support, since they are the ones who know how eactly the launcher works and what can caouse such issues as you eperience.

Also, nice argumentum ad hominem.

sarcasm, i defragment my hard drive every week, and i've submitted three tickets so far