Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Older Warframe Appearance Rework?

jjpdn

I feel that the newer Warframes seem much... welll... newer than the old ones. For example, Nyx looks so much like Excalibur that it's insane. They look exactly the same except for the helmets. Frost Prime, with an alternate helmet, has no difference over normal Frost. Now... Nyx Prime vs Nyx... hm....

Change or no? 

Edited by jjpdn

Maybe one day for the Frost Prime rework.

The reason why Nyx and Excalibur look very similar is because back in very early development or closed beta, they were exploring having alternate genders of the same frame, Nyx was originally female Excal hence why they look so similar. Then DE decided to scrape alternate genders on the same frame, and remade Nyx into the current frame you see now.

Eh... while they do seem to have become more and more creative with the designs (Though I gotta say Ember is still one of the most unique), I don't think they need much of a change.

Granted I've always thought they'd eventually release a new version of Nyx, but at this point it probably won't happen.

Either way, they're going to be updating ALL the graphics in this game very soon (in installments). Hopefully they start with the older warframes first.

I really don't think any of them need a change beyond the PBR update we'll get eventually. 

The reason why Nyx and Excalibur look very similar is because back in very early development or closed beta, they were exploring having alternate genders of the same frame, Nyx was originally female Excal hence why they look so similar. Then DE decided to scrape alternate genders on the same frame, and remade Nyx into the current frame you see now.

Nyx's model was just one of the ones that they had leftover from the original promo dioramas. When it was originally presented to the Design Council, everyone pointed out the obvious similarities, so they added a newer helmet and added some forearm effects.

Some of us prefer the older designs.  Well, the simpler designs anyway.  I personally find Zephyr, Oberon, and Hydroid too busy.  Some say they look like "melted icecream."  Frames like Excalibur and Loki on the other hand look sleek, and even expose plenty of the underlying metal warframe (Warfames are not actually made of an organic material, just covered in it)  Mirage is kind of a throwback to that sleek, simpler look.

Edited by Littleman88

I know... so should Nyx be more individual? Or should she still stay as "the scrapped one".

Some of us prefer the older designs.  Well, the simpler designs anyway.  I personally find Zephyr, Oberon, and Hydroid too busy.  Some say they look like "melted icecream."  Frames like Excalibur and Loki on the other hand look sleek, and even expose plenty of the underlying metal warframe (Warfames are not actually made of an organic material, just covered in it)  Mirage is kind of a throwback to that sleek, simpler look.

I love the older style too. Less is more. Zephyr and Hydroid look horrible IMO. Oberon is kinda okay. But man, look at Ash's sexy, muscular body. That's me, baby.

OP, I agree that the older primes, Excalibur and Frost, do need to have more gold on them. The non-primes are okay. It's just that some of the newer ones are just overcomplicated.

Edited by Duyet

Nyx is essentially the female version of excal. 

Troof

They literally copy and pasted excal, then gave it some hips and boobs. There even use to be a bug where you would have the excal helmet on a nyx body.

Im all for a rework, but not a big one. Chance the color customization or something similar, but dont change anything else. Nyx just wouldnt feel the same, and you would have to rework nyx and nyxPrime

Troof

They literally copy and pasted excal, then gave it some hips and boobs. There even use to be a bug where you would have the excal helmet on a nyx body.

Im all for a rework, but not a big one. Chance the color customization or something similar, but dont change anything else. Nyx just wouldnt feel the same, and you would have to rework nyx and nyxPrime

Nyx Prime looks so good though... at least in the preview on the website.

Troof

Nyx Prime looks so good though... at least in the preview on the website.

More Troof... She reminds me of elves from LotRs.