Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question About G3, And Getting 'killed'

(XBOX)Grihaly

So, I never really payed attention to what Lotus was saying when they show up, until today (on a Nightmare mission, nonetheless). One of the staticy things Lotus says is "they will kill you." but if they capture you, all that happens is they put that irritating bolt on you. So if they truly did kill you, why would they put the bolt on? Plus, the fact that the G3 are pretty much built for killing, why would they take the time with capturing a target?

'cause game mechanics.

The transmissions are there to set ambiance. I mean, the first time you see that, you do feel a heightened pulse, and a little, or a lot of adrenaline..if not, you're probably playing the wrong genre or just not invested in the game. That's nothing against you. 

Story caveat is lotus 'assumes' they'll kill you. The lotus is only as failable as what she 'knows' and how can you prove/disprove what she knows about the G3 program, to such an extreme? She'd have to be a Grineer sympathizer, or one can argue that if she knew that much about one of the rival factions, why doesn't she use her obvious limitless knowledge to end the conflicts by means of ultra effective espionage. 

The gustrag bolt is a means to invest you in your particular frame to play that much longer, or purchase the materials to unshackle your frame.

Being defeated by the G3 does weigh a consequence, but obviously 'death' is too heavy of a burden to place on someone in a game where money is invested, so this is the next best thing they can do, and it suits their model anyhow.

Because if players warframes gets killed permanently then there will be a lot of complaints. The best the G3 can do is just give you a bolt that can be removed by using the rarest materials.

But I just unplug the internet if i get killed and the G3 can't tag me :)

I know that, but why not just have the mission failed thing? Why attach the bolt to a 'dead' Tenno?

If we had that bolt, how do we see it? Cause a group of mine,same as OP, were attacked during a nightmare mission - naturally unprepared mostly we were an easy prey. Most of my group members disconnected and the mission failed , and now i dont know if the grustags had put a bolt on me as they already got me and one other member.

And where would I get the bp/ the materials to remove it?

I always took the use of the bolt as forcing the Tenno to go out and kill the Corpus, from the view of the Grineer. The Grineer, as xenophobic as they are, have displayed a desire for the Tenno to obey their command/commit to their claim to the galaxy, whereas the Corpus very much view you as a product (at least the only human Corpus boss does). The Grustrag Three seem like an effort on the Grineer's part to send a warning to the Tenno, but also to exploit and strongarm them into working in their favor.

Plus, as has already been pointed out, gameplay mechanics.

If we had that bolt, how do we see it? Cause a group of mine,same as OP, were attacked during a nightmare mission - naturally unprepared mostly we were an easy prey. Most of my group members disconnected and the mission failed , and now i dont know if the grustags had put a bolt on me as they already got me and one other member.

You will have a Grineer logo instead of clan badge. Then you will get a message from Lotus which gives you the BP to release the bolt. Releasing the bolt will cost you a Morphic, Neural Sensor, Neurode, and 20 Oxiums.

If you have a bolt, you will see it (looks like a massive orange spiky ball) on your right foot on the frame you were using.

I always took the use of the bolt as forcing the Tenno to go out and kill the Corpus, from the view of the Grineer. The Grineer, as xenophobic as they are, have displayed a desire for the Tenno to obey their command/commit to their claim to the galaxy, whereas the Corpus very much view you as a product (at least the only human Corpus boss does). The Grustrag Three seem like an effort on the Grineer's part to send a warning to the Tenno, but also to exploit and strongarm them into working in their favor.

Plus, as has already been pointed out, gameplay mechanics.

Vor wants to control tenno, the rest of the grineer just want to flat out exterminate every last one of us.

The Tenno can easily return from the grave, and the Grineer know this.

So, they do the next best thing: they hamper us, making it more difficult to fight them in the future, even if it's only for as long as it takes to gather the release materials.

Someone out there is playing the long game, and every minute we spend crafting the bolt release is a minute that they don't have to worry about us showing up to slaughter everyone.

Ever watched the movie - Predator?

The predators had the technology to wipe human out.

Yet they only capture the best of the best, in order to have a hunt, a duel with them.

It's all fun and game in their own sadistic ways.

Yes, many times.

And I think you mean Predators. In Predator 1 & 2 the Predator killed any threat/worthy target it came across. In Predators, they captured people worthy of the hunt. And those were bad bloods, outcasts, who only exist to kill, usually dis-honorably.

Unlike the G3, who only capture players...which is why it makes no sense to throw on a bolt and release the target back onto their ship. It should be more like the Zanuka thing, where you get taken to a base or something, would be a little more probable.