Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excavations Are Insanely Fun [Overwhelmingly Positive Feedback From Players]

MechaTails

Excavations on Europa are a blast, the best thing about these missions is that they're essentially a gigantic battle that gets hectic immediately and never ends. The steady supply of rewards from excavators is great, but they're completely optional! You can simply keep fighting against a tidal wave of Moas, Crewmen, and Ospreys. Why is this so awesome?

-The enemies dont trickle out slowly, youre fighting for your life (or the excavators' lives) the moment your feet touch the ground.

-You can get tons of codex scans because it seems like every variety of Corpus unit spawns here.

-Tons of experience! The spawns are fast and furious but can easily overwhelm you, bring a friend.

-The rate at which you get rewards is pretty good, especially if you can keep 2 or 3 thumpers active at a time.

-Bringing a Frost makes it boring, but makes it much easier to keep excavators alive if youre farming keys and cryotic.

I had way less fun in the Grineer Excavations, mobs with 5 to 6 Heavy Grineer kept spawning and completely wrecked everything in their path. So much fire, so many rockets, my gawd the carnage lol. Of course that was when I was trying to keep the excavators alive, I'll probably have more fun next time I go for pure slaughter.

Thanks DE for bringing back this mission type, it's definitely the most action-packed, I never get bored doing it.

Edited by DarkTails

The void is boring because its slow paced. Survival at 40 minutes is as boring as Survival at 4 minutes. With Excavation its non-stop action all day every day and if your nose is itchy good luck scratching it because you will get wrecked as soon as your hand leaves the mouse lol.

The void is boring because its slow paced. Survival at 40 minutes is as boring as Survival at 4 minutes. With Excavation its non-stop action all day every day and if your nose is itchy good luck scratching it because you will get wrecked as soon as your hand leaves the mouse lol.

Now you're just over-exagerrating.

I havent tried the newly implemented excavations yet, only did the event. Have they changed much in them since the event?

Haven't tried it yet myself either, but guessing from the OP's post, Europa is a cakewalk and Earth will blow you up just like in the event.

I dont get why you are trying to put this guy down... he looks happy, why have you to bring him down??? (Erebus)

I simply said that nothing can last forever. 

Eventually it will get boring. 

He then over-exaggerates it by saying that you can't even scratch your nose without getting recked, which I disagree with and state why.

Besides, being happy sucks.

SADNESS FOR EVERYONE.

You are.

I've been playing these excavations, and they aren't the non-stop action of warframe that you make it out to be. It's just survival with out time restraint.

It is still dependent on having those power cores drop (which itself is dependent on whether those enemies even spawn in the first place).

So no DarkTails, go play something that actually HAS gameplay where you can't "scratch your nose without getting #*($%%@ up"

Neh

I havent tried the newly implemented excavations yet, only did the event. Have they changed much in them since the event?

The first time around i didnt play Excavation much, i just did it for the mods and went back to playing D3 with friends. Today I gave them a try and holy crap did they leave an impression, it's a lot more exciting than I remember. If youre there to farm extractors it might get frustrating because the sheer number of enemies makes it hard to defend them on your own.

Like I said, if you bring Frost or an invincible warframe or a loadout that wipes out everything when you blink at it, youll get bored, theres not much challenge. I did two long sessions today, first with an Ash and a Rhino and another with a Nyx and a Trinity, I only ever use Banshee. Even with the Nyx and Trinity the game was hectic, theres just so much action going on lol. Goddamn moas everywhere!

Edited by DarkTails

/signed

Horde Mode FTW!  This is Warframe at it's best as far as I'm concerned.  More spawn = more fun in my opinion.  DE, please do not "fix" or "change" this.

EDIT:  The massive nature of enemy hordes in Excavation really gets me excited to play Warframe with great regularity.  I've got RL things to do right now but I've got Warframe on my mind.  Nucular Piniata Party FTW!

Edited by ThePresident777

He then over-exaggerates it by saying that you can't even scratch your nose without getting recked, which I disagree with and state why.

SADNESS FOR EVERYONE.

Slaughtering enemies in  Warframe never gets boring imo. Old players still enjoyed a recent alert where 50-100 enemies were in the same room.

I agree with OP - these missions are amazingly fun. It's the first time in a while that I felt that Warframe gave me a rush. I want to play this more than Survival, but I will be jumping back and forth when I need the two.

However, Erebus has a point, it will become boring if you play it too much. Anything that you play too much will overstimulate you and plateau - it's just nature. Killing can become boring when it's too easy. While I dislike that you have to play online for anything to matter on Excavation, I love that it's back.

SADNESS FOR EVERYONE.

SADNESS. SADNESS EVERYWHERE!

I do agree with the OP's statement though, in certain circumstances. I was on Wendell, Phobos, with one other player, and for whatever reason the map setup was the locator thingy up a ramp, and ALL THE EXCAVATOR SPAWN POINTS within 30-40 meters of the locator. A, B, C, whatever. There were two entry ways/enemy spawn points. And Grineer just kept coming through them. Sometimes one entryway would die down to 3 or 4 every minute or so, but the other one had 6-8 coming every 10 seconds or less. Got up to level 42 enemies and it was too much for us, us being an Excal Prime who knew how to radial blind but only had 300 health, and my Ash. At that point, yes, scratching my nose did get me "recked". Except I didn't do that, that would've been silly.

Love this map type. It's the best to come out since the original survival, and more fun to boot. I'm guessing bad excavator spawn points might dampen the enthusiasm, but DE got it right here. Congrats guys and girls, you did good.

Edit: It's really satisfying that enemy levels only go up when you cap an excavator. Means the enemy's pace advances as quickly as your skill level, in a way, in that if you're good/fast enough to keep capping excavators, the enemy level will skyrocket to match. LOVE IT

Edited by Jiufengbao

This thread is barely 3 days old...

Once I picked up the (new and improved) excavation, it was tons of fun.  Yes, Corpus are generally easier to engage than Grineer.  Earth starts off easy, but ballistae and karak's (yes, karak's) can actually do a number to an excavator or a Tenno (the latter versus shields anyway.)  It's a fun rush.  Losing an excavator only sucks, it isn't game over.  Enemies level up based on the amount of cryotic I've mined, not over time.  It can be slightly punishing to lose an excavator thus, because the I get to keep the cryotic, but obviously, I lose progress towards the next reward, however my enemies are still ever so slightly tougher.  If I want to, I can make it a really quick 5 minute excavation for a key by supporting 3 excavators at once barring they all spawn within meters of each other.

There are still some problems though depending on tile set.  Some spaces where an excavator may land are like that one room in void mobile defense.  Other spaces are so well covered the only reason the enemy gets a bead is because I'm not paying attention.  And of course, there's the occasional spawn bug, where all of the enemies seem to hole up somewhere and I'm forced to abort.  But when they do spawn, they come in hordes, and I'd say at least 30% of them are power carriers.  A tile will be literally covered in them by the time the first three extractors are finished.

I have a blast with this game mode.  Survival felt directionless but not stressful.  Defense is faster, but for me, stressful.  This has the speed of defense (well, faster,) without quite as much stress involved.  If I had to explain in one sentence why I felt this mode is as fun as it is, it's probably because it mimics the flow of a heist in Payday 2.  You can get a very fair reward for a quick romp, but you can also get greedy, though things will only get tougher if you do.

Edited by Littleman88