Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thank You For Watching Devstream #39!

[DE]Rebecca

Very interesting stream with all these informations on new features..

The new system for abilities is a welcome change. As you said in the thread detailing the change, it was always taunting us with the possebility of installing more mods, if just those pesky polarities weren't in the way.

Likewise since they consumed mod points, it was a legit idea to simply forsake abilities deemed "worthless" for points and forma out the polarities.

Hence the abilities getting less attention and therefor creating less feedback.

With that new system the abilities won't bother someone as mods anymore, the mod points will be free, we will get 2 new slots for more builds and people will be able to see if an ability was improved or not without having to change their builds.

Also no more "i don't have switch teleport, sorry i can't teleport you out of being glitched between two blocks". Ha ha ha.

Seems like a win/win situation. Though we will see how things turn out. The new mod space might actualy create a whole new series of balancing issues.

Looking forward to the syndicates aswell. Finaly something else to spend your time on ingame. Likewise a new reason to finaly go back doing missions on the regular planets.

Void part enchange had been suggested for a long time. Glad to see that it's comming eventualy. However this could inpact trading a bit negatively. Still the reduced frustration might be worth it.

I'm suprised you made "Release the Kraken" jokes without throwing a joke in about not getting a Grineer Kraken with those headphones.

Everytime i see Archwing i fear my weak PC won't be able to handle it over 20 FPS (the normal game runs between 30 to 55 for me), since it looks rather resource intensive with those level sizes and those graphics. Basicly all that looking too awesome for my PC. Ha ha.

However looks like Scott and co. will still have some balancing to do with those enemies. Doesn't create much confidence seeing you guys die multiple times just during the demonstration.

As for Kubrows and Sentinels. Maybe you should just create a support pod type vehicle for them, which they can controll from our Liset. Yes, i just suggested a Kubrow remote controlling an armed drone for you.

Edited by Othergrunty

So looking at the benefits for each syndicate, one third of the Syndicates offer Rare fusion cores, another third forma BPs, and the other third Tower IV keys? That doesn't seem fair at all when TIV keys offer both en masse. I know they are not the REAL rewards here, but one of these things just doesn't belong here.

Aside from that, great stuff! I can't wait to see how the Limbo Frame is going to look, especially if he has a nice hat.

Edited by DarkSignal

Thanks for the live stream.  Very keen to see how the new power adjustment turns out and looking forward to Syndicates.

On Syndicates:

How are the Grinner, Corpus, and Infestation invasions actually going to work with the Syndicate system?  Will they simply not be included in them, outside of those divergent/splinter factions?

Edited by Loswaith

Question to @DERebecca and rest of DEV team:

You mentioned that all players currently are in the "Lotus Syndicate". With this new U15 and introduction to other syndicates, what if none of them appeal and a player wishes to STAY in the Lotus Syndicate? Would there be rewards and upgrades for loyalty to Lotus? Seems a little cold hearted to just up and abandon her after all this time. And maybe Alad V had a point when he says, "You have Loyalty issues, Tenno...".

#MindGames

Question to @DERebecca and rest of DEV team:

You mentioned that all players currently are in the "Lotus Syndicate". With this new U15 and introduction to other syndicates, what if none of them appeal and a player wishes to STAY in the Lotus Syndicate? Would there be rewards and upgrades for loyalty to Lotus? Seems a little cold hearted to just up and abandon her after all this time. And maybe Alad V had a point when he says, "You have Loyalty issues, Tenno...".

#MindGames

This needs to be answered :D

So here are the things I'd like to address with this stream;

SIGILS:

Will there be a way to toggle their visuals off even though we're actively wearing them? From Devstream #38 it doesn't look like they can be scaled small enough to barely look like more than a medal. They are more than simple cosmetics, they have a gameplay value, even if it is either pursuing a challenge or gaining reputation. That means at some point we HAVE to wear them and they become no longer optional. Before you raise your pitchforks and yell at me for not being so damn picky, consider this for a moment;

I don't need to wear clothing with the labels of the political party of my preference or use pencils or other things with their related name on it to be a supporter of this political party. By the same token I look at the Sigils. I shouldn't NEED to show them in public only to pledge allegiance. Especially if you think about the lore aspect, when you're seeing Tenno in a hub supporting an opposing faction. Because that works so well and peaceful, considering all the "die-hard fans" of their worshipped sports team, right?

Just think about it that way and give us a visual toggle. Equipping yes, and then have a checkbox for invisible.

MOD SEARCH FUNCTION:

I don't get why people are so happy about it. I mean, it is good to see that the UI team has listened again even though they said that a search function is not going to make it previously. But the issue is bigger than that; a search function only means admitting that the current mod system is overly convoluted and hard to navigate, so instead of fixing it, we're going the easy way? Really? Would it have been so bad to add a new category for "Favourites" that we can populate just like we can set favourite colours? Because let's be honest here;

Most of the time, we're stuffing the same mods over and over again into our gear. Usually even in the same order when leveling a new piece of equipment. Plus, a favourite option would allow for another bonus; We could finally use the AUTO-INSTALL properly. Currently, auto-install is following the highest conclave rating mods with matching polarities. That is utter and severe bullcrap. If the Auto-install parses favourites FIRST for this sorting, you kill two birds with one stone. 1) You do not need to mess additionally with the auto-install coding system other than parsing for favourites first. 2) having more time to work on a better PvE rating system OR make conclave not based on PvP but rather PvE first... because it's a PvE game, but I digress.

NEW MOD CATEGORIES:

I'm curious how the new mod collection UI will look like. We get 3 new categories; Archwing, Archwing ranged weapon and Archwing melee weapon. Starting to look a bit snug. At that point, I'd like to address the following; We still don't have a category for SHOTGUNS. You've given us Kubrow category even though the Sentinel category could have been easily renamed to "Companions" as sentinel mods are not very diverse. You've given us a stance category, which was fine and justified. We even received a "Duplicates" category which still doesn't fully work. Seriously? I understand that the ability category is now obsolete with the removal of them, even though it would have been nice to STILL have added it. But Shotguns are far from obsolete.

Will we be finally seeing a shotgun category in U15? And don't start with a reasoning of "but shotguns are a subsidiary of primaries." By that logic, we shouldn't have gotten a sorting for Stance and Aura, as they're part of Melee and Warframe respectively. And since the categories are getting plenty, I'd suggest starting to group them visually -> have more spacing between them. But I guess we won't see it, because they rather put in a damn SEARCH BAR which takes a lot more space than a single category icon before adding a "Favourites" category... myup.

ABILITY MODS:

I welcome this choice. I always feel bad if I only equip 2 Powers on my Warframe because the other two are so situational that I'm much better off using these slots for mods which are always beneficial. I'm also fine with the "use to level" method. It gives a sense of immersion that you need to grow back into your old form after being woken up from cryosleep and regaining your strength. I hope we receive the appropriate unlocked rank of the power based on our mod ranks, but I wouldn't pout if not. I'm sure it is not going to take that long to level them up. Everything in Warframe levels quite fast, thus I reckon the skills will level swiftly as well.

But here is the gripe I have with some player responses;

DE mentioned to be reimbursing Forma spent for polarizing ability slots, and you STILL COMPLAIN?

If you have two non-polarized slots left, then all you need to do is swap those two with two ability slots. Because the others are going to be "Neutral-ized" anyway. And if you don't have neutral slots left? You're given the opportunity to swap polarities slots over there which you might want to change! And you're even getting the Forma BACK. But you cry about the little time spent that you have to level again and demand affinity boosters? I'm sorry, what? You slot in the appropriate Aura and have 14 to 18 points up front. That is essentially 28 to 36 raw mod points you can instantly distribute because you'll be saving up to 18 mod points when taking a full set of maxed mod cards in the right polarities into consideration. And from there you throw yourself into the fray, and are level 10+ after a single round of survival. So there you have 10 / 20 additional mod points. You cannot tell me that you require more than 28 mod capacity to make a functioning "build" since all the abilities are not part of the equation any more.

28 mod capacity. That is up to 56 raw mod points. So you're going to fill 4 to 5 of your EIGHT slots after one lame-butt survival.

If you still have issues after considering this paragraph, then I'd truly wish I could trade with your insignificant problems.

But it doesn't here. The next thing you do is complaining that your niche-build of underlevelled ability mod cards is no longer working? You complain that you can't abuse a flawed design any more? Are you for real? Yes, I have plenty of ability mods with different ranks all across the board, but the reason was about mod-point economy. I can save up to 4 mod points when I only use Rank 2 of each ability in their respective polarity. And in other cases, it was better to put a low-cost ability on a neutral slot and forma that ability slot to save a lot more points by putting in a costly regular mod. Any common ability requires 3 points at max, thus saving only ONE meager mod point. A 13 point Constitution saves me 6 points, for example.

Build diversification is not killed this way. Abusing game mechanics shouldn't be part of any build whatsoever and DE should NOT bring a "low-power" slider / option to cater to these minority of niche builds. A higher ranked power should ALWAYS, I repeat, ALWAYS perform better than the lower ranked power.

There is only one exception I think of, which would make the choice to underlevel your powers reasonable again; Make them cost less energy.

10,15,20,25 energy for a Rank 0 to 3 First power. 40,60,80,100 for a Fourth power. So basically starting out with 40%. The oddballs like Ash's smokescreen for 35... still work, just not with nice numbers. But what gives since energy cost is going bonkers anyway with efficiency mods?

Less energy cost is the ONLY reasonable answer to allow underlevelling of mods, in my opinion. Everything else just means that the powers need more balance aspect and work so they always perform better in any situation and with any combination of power-affecting mods.