Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Put Your Foot Down.

Zerrien

Because there's a tier of gamer that will advocate against other gamers whenever possible over whatever possible on the off-chance they can contribute to a discussion that could lead to somebody being screwed over.

Sometimes there's a valid argument involved, but usually it's a transparently trollish position that nobody else buys.  It's typically seen in people who want to maintain the status quo for no good reason; someone presents an argument for an innocuous change, another person opposes it just because things are already fine.

This situation, something is changed, there is a clear class of player that will be damaged by it, and someone is advocating for a hardline of "screw them" as if appropriate compensation to the damaged class is incongruent with the game's future.

Transparent, always.

The only polarities we lose are the ones that are on the two slots they're removing, we don't lose the polarities on anything else. Plus they give us the formae back from the two slots that are gonna be taken out.

Forma has nothing to do with this. It s about the time they lost.  I would even buy forma for 40 p. If it doesnt require to relevel again. Do you get it?

i fail to see why people want "legendary forma"

its been said a billion times already.

BECAUSE

OF

TIME

LOST

I forma'd my Nyx 8 times a long time ago to get it where I wanted it. I could imagine there are other people out there that have done the same to some extent. The point is that we don't want to have to go back and redo our stuff just because they decided to change the system for a third time.

+++++++1

I don't understand how this community can be so blind and not understand that the DE doesn't need to give jack S#&$ to us when they change their game.

WE ALL AGREED TO A TERM THAT STATED THE DE DOESN"T HAVE TO GIVE US ANYTHING IF THE GAME IS DELETED OR CHANGED.

Just because you wasted your time doesn't mean the DE has to care, they are just being very nice and giving free forma. 

If 500 people leave the game because of that they still don't have to care due to having a 6 million+ Audience.

So please don't act like the DE HAS to give you anything. Just be grateful they are nice enough to give you anything.

Legendary forma can happen, but i doubt it because people would complain about not being able to get one. :/

+++++++1

I don't understand how this community can be so blind and not understand that the DE doesn't need to give jack S#&$ to us when they change their game.

WE ALL AGREED TO A TERM THAT STATED THE DE DOESN"T HAVE TO GIVE US ANYTHING IF THE GAME IS DELETED OR CHANGED.

Just because you wasted your time doesn't mean the DE has to care, they are just being very nice and giving free forma. 

If 500 people leave the game because of that they still don't have to care due to having a 6 million+ Audience.

So please don't act like the DE HAS to give you anything. Just be grateful they are nice enough to give you anything.

Legendary forma can happen, but i doubt it because people would complain about not being able to get one. :/

Lol if ur entitled to a legendary forma  youll get one, if you where to lazy to forma you dont get one, its like the non forma crowd begging of the coat tales of vets who actually invested time and money, if you didnt forma its none of your concern, if you did forma you got nothing to worry about.

Edited by (PS4)Veg1ta

So...you don't want Legendary Forma to happen because of what reason exactly? You can't trade Forma, so obviously you can't trade Legendary Forma.

I can guarantee you right now that if I don't get some type of Legendary Forma for Formaing ability slots then I will only be using 1-2 Warframes from the 20+ that I have. I'm not going to relevel Warframes back to what I already had them too just because DE decided to do some stupid crap to the system.

Yes, this is a great move going forward, but this is just another slap in the face to veterans that have spent hundreds of dollars and thousands of hours on the game, if not more.

OP, you're just being arrogant. Stop sucking on the tit of DE for once and open your eyes.

Edited by EChondo

So...you don't want Legendary Forma to happen because of what reason exactly? You can't trade Forma, so obviously you can't trade Legendary Forma.

I can guarantee you right now that if I don't get some type of Legendary Forma for Formaing ability slots then I will only be using 1-2 Warframes from the 20+ that I have. I'm not going to relevel Warframes back to what I already had them too just because DE decided to do some stupid crap to the system.

Yes, this is a great move going forward, but this is just another slap in the face to veterans that have spent hundreds of dollars and thousands of hours on the game, if not more.

OP, you're just being arrogant. Stop sucking on the tit of DE for once and open your eyes.

And I could say, stop hating for the sake of hating too. Not everyone defending good ideas are suckups. Maybe we just looked at the whole of the update instead of going all narrow minded on one detail.

"Another slap in the face of veterans who has spent hundreds of dollars"? Do not make me laugh please. How are you qualified to speak on behalf of all of us? I consider myself one of those veterans and the positive side of this update far outweigh the little downside we are getting here.

Are you trying to make me believe that out of 27 Warframes (prime included and no copies), you put forma on 3 ability slots on all of them except 1 or 2? Maybe you have to assume the consequences of your decisions here, if that is true at all. Even then, only 2 slots are being affected, and maybe, just maybe, the one that has no forma will be one of them.. so yeah 1 polarity might be affected in the end at most 2.

Or is that example of yours sprinkled with a drop of exaggeration to artificially boost that agonizing suffering DE is inflicting on all of us poor veterans?

Or is that example of yours sprinkled with a drop of exaggeration to artificially boost that agonizing suffering DE is inflicting on all of us poor veterans?

Not all 27 of my Warframes are Forma'd for one single ability, however I have about 10 or 11 Warframes that are Forma'd for one single ability and I was already in the process for the rest to mod them into either one or two ability slots.

So, to me, not really an exaggeration since this is practically close to a hundred hours or more to relevel the Warframes back to how they are now, oh and I always Forma the left two ability slots since they were always the "default" slots for the first two abilities. I'm guessing those are the two that are being removed, right?

I do not feel sorry for those who used 0/1 abilities, as, they were playing the wrong Warframe if that's the best build they could come up with. And, it seems like you're committed to dropping slots down to 8, so I'm not too worried about anything there.

That's your opinion, and its kind of insulting to people who actually had fun builds based around one ability. Why should players be punished for being creative? Whole thread smells like flame bait just because of this one bit of your post. I stopped reading after that because you sound like a whiny kid.

"Another slap in the face of veterans who has spent hundreds of dollars"? Do not make me laugh please. How are you qualified to speak on behalf of all of us? I consider myself one of those veterans and the positive side of this update far outweigh the little downside we are getting here.

He's actually speaking for those who actually polarized their warframes...a lot.

I don't think that includes you...

+++++++1

I don't understand how this community can be so blind and not understand that the DE doesn't need to give jack S#&$ to us when they change their game. - Doesn't mean should should sit idly by, swallow their feelings and not say what's on their minds and how they feel. If they say nothing, nothing shall happen and the dev team cannot help them cope. If they say nothing, the dev team shall continue to give meaningless compensations and thus look bad in the future. This is not only about this issue, but future issues.

WE ALL AGREED TO A TERM THAT STATED THE DE DOESN"T HAVE TO GIVE US ANYTHING IF THE GAME IS DELETED OR CHANGED. - Name one person that actually took the time to read this part.

Just because you wasted your time doesn't mean the DE has to care, they are just being very nice and giving free forma. - Yes, they are very nice to give free forma after the fact that they increased Forma drops in the void, give free Forma alerts every now n then basically giving people a ton of free forma. At this point, you must realize free forma is meaningless without the legendary perk.

If 500 people leave the game because of that they still don't have to care due to having a 6 million+ Audience. - Wonder if the dev team truly thinks this way...After all, people quitting a game you worked hard to make, especially a lot, can be disheartening depending on the kind of person you are. You'd be surprised.

So please don't act like the DE HAS to give you anything. Just be grateful they are nice enough to give you anything. - They really don't have to, people have a ton of them already. Enough to smelt it all and deck Loki out in a lot of gold chains, lockets, belts, etc. basically wrapping Loki Prime in even more gold bling bling enough to turn Loki Prime into Gangsta Prime. At that point, he'll be a true playa.

Legendary forma can happen, but i doubt it because people would complain about not being able to get one. :/ - You underestimate the community...bad move :)

Now imagine Loki Prime with a lot more Bling Bling in gold wrapped around him...

Edited by Jinryusai

He's actually speaking for those who actually polarized their warframes...a lot.

I don't think that includes you...

This is interesting, You again with this, in a different thread too. You like making false assumptions about me based on what information again? In the very quote you are using I speak to the contrary. Can you make an effort here please? If you have nothing else to say to further your side of the argument, just move on. Making these little remarks here and there does not help your own cause.

Edited by Theodorick

This is interesting, You again with this, in a different thread too. You like making false assumptions about me based on what information again? In the very quote you are using I speak to the contrary. Can you make an effort here please? If you have nothing else to say to further your side of the argument, just move on. Making these little remarks here and there does not help your own cause.

You admitted to being a veteran. Unless you consider a veteran to be one that uses forma, you mentioned nothing of the sort in that very quote.

You admitted to being a veteran. Unless you consider a veteran to be one that uses forma, you mentioned nothing of the sort in that very quote.

It was in context with my quote in the very same post you took it from. Since we already established that you have not taken the time to read previous posts, I will save you the trouble and put it back in context here.

I quoted this guy's post

And this is my reply to that particular statement :

So yes, I admitted that "I consider myself one of those veterans" in reference to his quoted line (which is all in the same post I made, you were simply required to read it all...) When you choose to quote someone that replies to someone else and decide to ignore all the context of the conversation, obviously the meaning may lose itself.

But this is often done with intent, hence the use of "out of context". I do not have the arrogance to believe I'm like all veterans, but in that context, I admitted that I considered myself one, yes.

Yet again, you try to poke holes at me, the messenger, and avoid the message itself. Take one single word out of context because you can't reply to the message following. Nice try.

That's your opinion, and its kind of insulting to people who actually had fun builds based around one ability. Why should players be punished for being creative? Whole thread smells like flame bait just because of this one bit of your post. I stopped reading after that because you sound like a whiny kid.

If you honestly think your 1-mod build is anything but generic, maybe you'll be encouraged to use your frames to the most of their potential when the update comes out, eh?

The most work that comes out of making a 1-mod build is the Formaing associated with it, just so you can get the cookie cutter 'boost' mods of the Ability's flavor to maximize the efficiency on a singular skill. -Duration +Damage -Cost, wow, such build, much depth.

Diversity isn't working well in Warframe. Especially with "corrupted mods" aka "sacrifice your useless abilities for useful one". It's problem of the game. We just worked with what we had. And now DE coming with statement: "Sorry, guys, this is not what we had in mind. In fact, you should make full use of your abilities."

We don't need useless abilities. We must use underleveld abilities sometimes. This is not the fault of the players, but developers. Compensation for this mistake looks fair enough.

Edited by letir

It was in context with my quote in the very same post you took it from. Since we already established that you have not taken the time to read previous posts, I will save you the trouble and put it back in context here.

I quoted this guy's post

And this is my reply to that particular statement :

So yes, I admitted that "I consider myself one of those veterans" in reference to his quoted line (which is all in the same post I made, you were simply required to read it all...) When you choose to quote someone that replies to someone else and decide to ignore all the context of the conversation, obviously the meaning may lose itself.

But this is often done with intent, hence the use of "out of context". I do not have the arrogance to believe I'm like all veterans, but in that context, I admitted that I considered myself one, yes.

Yet again, you try to poke holes at me, the messenger, and avoid the message itself. Take one single word out of context because you can't reply to the message following. Nice try.

You are doing a rather good job of making this conversation all about you rather than discuss the real matter. Being pretty dramatic as well.

Perhaps he should have been more clear, so I made it more clear for him, but you made such a big deal out of what I "think".

Does not really look like you're saying you are one of those that mass polarize, what it looks like is that you consider yourself one of those vets that spend a lot of money on this game. So to the naked eye, that is what is seen. Hence the post clarifying him.

Edited by Jinryusai

Okay,I agree with the OP,

All i can read in this thread is that these "vets" wants to be specially catered than just offer a simple solution that everyone could benefit. they dont even highlight those simple but brilliant solutions that presented here like:

Having the ability reallocate those forma "points" plus added normal formas (if they wanted even more)? anyone?

These so called "Legendary Forma" are not even needed, these are just "wants" because they feel special ...

Plus, having used alot or forma is not equal to payed alot of money to DE, since formas are acquirable ingame.

Thanks to some limited OP  stuff being given, some of these so called vets feel even more entitled, so its has to stop.

Edited by CrystalRibbon

It's not about feeling special, it's about being able to put my polarities back on without having to redo the sanity poured into them the last time. It's about ensuring that people whom don't read the forums may put their polarities back on as well, rather than missing the window if we're told where to move our polarities to be safe before the update hits. When you argue for a limited time window to move things around, you're actually the entitled one hoping to burn the players that don't read the forum. You're seeking to tell them when their builds get messed up - and they have re-level - that it's their fault for not reading the forums, and you got spared because you were more deserving for staying on top of things. I don't want to be special at all - unlike you- which is precisely why I ask for the Legendary Forma, all so that I can avoid releveling a Tissue paper Vauban. I could easily profit from a limited time reallocation period - because I read the forum - but I don't want to be the hypocrite you are, and thus I ask for the Legendary Forma to be the solution for everyone

Stop calling us entitled, when you people are the entitled ones. You only want this to happen so that the people whom didn't use the builds you liked will be punished, while everyone else will pure profit and lose no progress if they built the same way you did. I am 100% willing to use their new build rules that don't allow minmaxing anymore, which you keep trying to say I am not as justification for punishing me, I only demand to get to keep my polarities - alongside all the people who forma'd slots that aren't reading these threads - after the update happens. I get it, you hate that I played the game differently. Sorry, but you're being entitled for demanding we be punished for not being you.

The legendary formas that will respect the sanity of those that came before you will do nothing to Jeopardize your hand outs. You'll still get to use all 8 slots for non-abilities afterwards - granting you effectively two new slots in the process - and that will be a total win for you, and single ability minmax builds will still be dead. I am okay with this as this a Beta, and I did sign up for that. What you do not deserve is to get every that benefits you, and then beg for the heathens unlike you to be smitten so that you are special in getting treasures and no smitings. You people are such horrible hypocrites.

I forma'd a different slot than you chose to - or you didn't even use Formas at all - and for that reason you think we're the devils, we get it. Now stop lying that you're saviors of the game, and just admit that you hate us honestly. You're the entitled ones, not us. I am not trying to be special here, just not have a leveling progress roll back done exclusively to satiate your need to be an entitled jerk.

Edited by Clovis15