Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember Doesn't Need A Ability Change Or Rework; She Just Needs A Buff.

Aktriaz

Well, if you are happy with a copy-paste solution I guess. It is preferable to keeping it as it is now after all. However, I still believe that spicing up her kit with a new non-PBAoE is the ideal solution.

The new ruk has the same skill too

The fact is that ruk uses almost the same kit as ember and works perfectly against players who face him for the first time

although it is copy&paste, it is totally acceptable and reasonable in terms of lore

I had been stewing on a rework of fireblast to be a targeted ring of fire that any mob that walked across the ring got a guaranteed heat proc, and any non-elite/non-robotic mobs walking into the ring was trapped there.  I've been kinda chewing on suggesting that enemies trapped inside the ring take increased damage from all sources.

Thoughts?

What does this have to do with anything?

People complain that shes too slow as if she cant avoid fire in close range or CC stun enemies while burning their corpses

She can

Extra speed would only be used for rushing and would offer little else to the frame that she doesnt already have

Edited by Azawarau

People complain that shes too slow as if she cant avoid fire in close range or CC stun enemies while burning their corpses

She can

Extra speed would only be used for rushing and would offer little else to the frame that she doesnt already have

You only see the negative in everything. 

More speed shall allow her to keep up

More speed shall allow her to make better use out of World of Fire which depends on movement speed for best use when mobile.

You seem so worried about her rushing yet forget copter Embers which invalidates your argument.

All more speed shall do is make her move at a better pace especially with her alt. Moving slow won't prevent rushing.

Well, time to copter more with World On Fire now :)

She is 'damager' class with mediocre damage, useless outside of normal levels (pretty bad even for mid levels unless you have all the mods).

Basically a failed design. . 

Sure she could use some stats buffs, but it wont change the main issue with her.

You only see the negative in everything. 

More speed shall allow her to keep up

More speed shall allow her to make better use out of World of Fire which depends on movement speed for best use when mobile.

You seem so worried about her rushing yet forget copter Embers which invalidates your argument.

All more speed shall do is make her move at a better pace especially with her alt. Moving slow won't prevent rushing.

Well, time to copter more with World On Fire now :)

image.jpg?w=600&c=1

Youre adding to the issue and contradicting yourself there

More speed doesnt solve embers problems and doesnt give her anything

Shes faster or equal than more than half the frames in game and most of the ones that are faster than her cant kill nearly as well while remaining mobile

Next

I had been stewing on a rework of fireblast to be a targeted ring of fire that any mob that walked across the ring got a guaranteed heat proc, and any non-elite/non-robotic mobs walking into the ring was trapped there.  I've been kinda chewing on suggesting that enemies trapped inside the ring take increased damage from all sources.

Thoughts?

Theory talking: You would have to be a cowboy to get the benefits of the ring damage bonus.

Depending on the damage bonus, it would either scale really well toward end game, or it would be not worth it as all mobs die rather quickly in the early levels with a full powered build.

It is a buff, but doesn't feel like it solves her issues that people have mentioned.

image.jpg?w=600&c=1

Youre adding to the issue and contradicting yourself there

More speed doesnt solve embers problems and doesnt give her anything

Shes faster or equal than more than half the frames in game and most of the ones that are faster than her cant kill nearly as well while remaining mobile

Next

mlfw1237_Twilight_Sparkle_nope_nope_nope

Nope, didn't say anything about solving her issue. What I did do was agree with someone else on a speed boost.

And plenty of those warframes can however cast while in motion and even in midair and are faster.

So you basically wasted your time responding about whether speed boost would solve her issue since this wasn't about that.

What this is about is moving faster with WoF...

The Accelerant energy cut suggestion I made was however meant to help solve her issue...

mlfw1237_Twilight_Sparkle_nope_nope_nope

Nope, didn't say anything about solving her issue. What I did do was agree with someone else on a speed boost.

And plenty of those warframes can however cast while in motion and even in midair and are faster.

So you basically wasted your time responding about whether speed boost would solve her issue since this wasn't about that.

What this is about is moving faster with WoF...

The Accelerant energy cut suggestion I made was however meant to help solve her issue...

Speed wont help in the slightest

All its for is more rushing

Ugh... if people want a warframe that can rush, they go with Loki or Zephyr...

I suggested Ember be as fast as Ash, who is still not the fastest warframe. People don't play Ash because he's got some decent speed, they play him because of his abilities.

Okay, you've seem to be okay with spending a lot of time and energy arguing against my post and various other people, with most of it just being a big fat "No, that won't work" from you, maybe try to suggest what would help Ember.

Instead of being a blight on this thread, how about trying to add something to the discussion, aka, be a little more constructive.

I created this thread because I believe that Ember is in need of some love, and while people keep arguing over stuff like bringing back overheat, or removing fire blast, I decided to take a neutral ground and said her main stats could use a little "umph", to help her typical playstyle. (stuff like speed would help WoF be more useful)

If you're dead-set against speed or any base stat increase, please suggest what would make Ember more useful. Otherwise, your contribution is not needed.

Edited by Actriaz

I suggested Ember be as fast as Ash, who is still not the fastest warframe. People don't play Ash because he's got some decent speed, they play him because of his abilities.

Okay, you've seem to be okay with spending a lot of time and energy arguing against my post and various other people, with most of it just being a big fat "No, that won't work" from you, maybe try to suggest what would help Ember.

Instead of being a blight on this thread, how about trying to add something to the discussion, aka, be a little more constructive.

I created this thread because I believe that Ember is in need of some love, and while people keep arguing over stuff like bringing back overheat, or removing fire blast, I decided to take a neutral ground and said her main stats could use a little "umph", to help her typical playstyle. (stuff like speed would help WoF be more useful)

If you're dead-set against speed or any base stat increase, please suggest what would make Ember more useful. Otherwise, your contribution is not needed.

>tells me to be constructive

>Right after calling me a blight on this thread

Yeah

Good one

I guess having a valid point doesnt matter

When people want to rush theyll use that frame they can press 4 to kill

Remember the frame that was most used to rush right next to loki before a rework?

Nova

Point invalid

And while im being a blight ill take it a step further

Please get off your high horse and check out the multiple suggestions ive made on multiple threads since you know so much about what ive posted or at least know me by one post or your contribution si just bumping your post count

Making WoF into a toggle leaves you more than enough room to add rush to your build

The solution is there

Learn to dodge

I wouldnt mind the lower cost but again

Making WoF into a toggle helps this greatly

Changing fire blast to the eximus version or giving it a healthy range increase would solve the issue

Thank you and goodbye

Edited by Azawarau

>tells me to be constructive

>Right after calling me a blight on this thread

Yeah

Good one

I guess having a valid point doesnt matter

When people want to rush theyll use that frame they can press 4 to kill

Remember the frame that was most used to rush right next to loki before a rework?

Nova

Point invalid

And while im being a blight ill take it a step further

Please get off your high horse and check out the multiple suggestions ive made on multiple threads since you know so much about what ive posted or at least know me by one post or your contribution si just bumping your post count

Thank you and goodbye

While I'm getting off my high-horse, please read again, because I never said you were not being constructive, I was saying you should be MORE constructive. You spent a good amount of time arguing with people over whether speed is good or not, much more time then you were suggesting things. If people don't agree with your opinion, don't continue to try to shove it down their throats.

It should not be an argument of "right or wrong", rather "would this ruin your experience playing as Ember, or being in a game with Ember?"

A simple yes or no question.

Really. It's a PvE game. This buff doesn't clear entire maps like Nova could, so what's the actual problem?

If DE for some reason absolutely refuses to give Ember a permanent speed boost I think Accelerant should give her a slight speed boost, because, you know, it just sounds like it should. 

WoF's blast should really have a small AoE that can stun or stumble nearby enemies. The 3 target cap is a joke at medium-to-high levels, but with the blast having some AoE it'd give her much-needed CC capability. (Accelerant is nice but I don't think it's enough.)

And Fireblast...I don't even know what to do with it. Give it a knockback like the Eximus version at least??

Edited by traybong111

The soul purpose of his existence is to deny everyone their wish, their ideas, etc.

Well, it ain't worth discussing this with you. All you see is people rushing and allowing it to blind your judgement. if it were up to you, all warframes would be turtles(not even the Ninja variety) and no warframe would ever go fast or use copter ever again. You'd also remove the momentum from "butt sliding" and wouldn't bother with air dash or if you would make it VERY costly. When your done, there won't be any form of rushing and this won't any longer be a fast paced game, it shall be a slow paced game. And rather call them Space Ninjas, you'll either call them Space Turtles or Space Spartans.

So how warm am I? :)

Next you'll say to go play Sonic if I want speed.

Anyway, folks.

Just remember that speed and mobile flames of her ultimate go hand in hand leaving a trail of corpses and the dev team much remember this as it's the key to getting the most out of the mobility of World On Fire.

The soul purpose of his existence is to deny everyone their wish, their ideas, etc.

Check his name , it is a Japanese word and you will find why he is doing so.

BTW I do agree his statement, it is always good to have status buff, but it does little to her problem

While I'm getting off my high-horse, please read again, because I never said you were not being constructive, I was saying you should be MORE constructive. You spent a good amount of time arguing with people over whether speed is good or not, much more time then you were suggesting things. If people don't agree with your opinion, don't continue to try to shove it down their throats.

It should not be an argument of "right or wrong", rather "would this ruin your experience playing as Ember, or being in a game with Ember?"

A simple yes or no question.

Really. It's a PvE game. This buff doesn't clear entire maps like Nova could, so what's the actual problem?

Youre hardly being constructive yourself

Im getting the point clear across that speed isnt going to help ember

Itll cause more problems than solutions and much better solutions are out there

Well, it ain't worth discussing this with you. All you see is people rushing and allowing it to blind your judgement. if it were up to you, all warframes would be turtles(not even the Ninja variety) and no warframe would ever go fast or use copter ever again. You'd also remove the momentum from "butt sliding" and wouldn't bother with air dash or if you would make it VERY costly. When your done, there won't be any form of rushing and this won't any longer be a fast paced game, it shall be a slow paced game. And rather call them Space Ninjas, you'll either call them Space Turtles or Space Spartans.

So how warm am I? :)

Next you'll say to go play Sonic if I want speed.

Anyway, folks.

Just remember that speed and mobile flames of her ultimate go hand in hand leaving a trail of corpses and the dev team much remember this as it's the key to getting the most out of the mobility of World On Fire.

Well you seem to be the worst mind reader in the game

Aside from your derailing and mudlsinging

Adding speed is going to be nova all over again

Making WoF into a toggle is a better solution all around

Check his name , it is a Japanese word and you will find why he is doing so.

BTW I do agree his statement, it is always good to have status buff, but it does little to her problem

Im not a troll!

My friends gave me that name because i liked to tease people

Also that guy is just being straight dumb

Ive +1d many great ideas on the forums

I dont agree with one so i must hate everything

That kind of thinking is why i often say this forum has the worst community of any ive ever visited

People cant take critisizm without being overly offended

Edited by Azawarau

That kind of thinking is why i often say this forum has the worst community of any ive ever visited

People cant take critisizm without being overly offended

well, there are some good people in this forum, but yet again the bad are way more than the good.......but what did you except from people anyway XD

as for ember, a speed boost wouldn't hurt her....you say she'll be another nova but what if she's between nova and normal speed warframes (ex excalibur) 

so buffing her will help......not much but it's still helping, and I'm not really good in english but can you explain what WoF toggle means? 

also a change in her abilities wouldn't hurt either, the arctic eximus creates a mini snow globe while frost can create a bigger one, so why not make the opposite with ember....the arson eximus makes like a +30m fire blast....why not make ember do a 15m fire blast then the normal current ring.....so normal current ring will stay at it's place while part of it creates a mini-arson eximus fire blast

and please don't fight......ember wouldn't want that ^^