Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shotgun That Fires Slugs

OverlordMcGeek

I don't see why not. Hell, the Strun that's used in the void (by the Corrupted Corpus?) fires slugs unlike its currently obtainable and Wraith counterpart.

YES.

ALL MY YES.

(Better yet, why not a mod?)

Did I hear someone say Syndicate mods?? Wink wink DE

Doesn't a shotgun that fires slugs preform the same function as a rifle?

(I don't know my way around guns. Please don't burn me)

I'm no more knowledgeable than you are, but I'd say that's a pretty safe argument as to why they haven't made slugs already.

yay, autoformatting requiring me to double post again.

Doesn't a shotgun that fires slugs preform the same function as a rifle?

the impact force from a Rifled Slug is immense.  whereas a Rifle may, but generally isn't as powerful or more powerful than a 12g Slug.

ex:

5.56x45 == ~1700 Joules of Energy.

7.62x51 == ~3300 Joules of Energy.

12g 3" Magnum Slug == ~4000 Joules of Energy. also in a flatter dimension, more force is applied to target - less piercing capability, more raw power.

the exact Energy it has is more than it looks. as i mentioned, it's more designed to push, rather than try to pierce through everything. the raw blunt force power will pierce some, but mostly it's like shooting a miniature lead brick.

(in other words, more force is applied INTO your target, rather than piercing right through it and wasting potential Energy - overpenetration)

sorry for numbers that are weird to most people (we don't all think in Joules? honestly, i do - ft. lbs is alien to me and those numbers literally mean nothing to me, i have no idea what's a lot or not in that unit), i just think in them.

Edited by taiiat