Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Legendary Forma

SaltyPopsicleZWZ

First of all, it's depends on the amount of frames you have -- leveling one is not hard, leveling ten or more few times is something different.

Secondly, what line ? We already had legendary cores, arcane helmets and maybe something else i've already forgot. People are not asking for something unheard and unreasonable.

Fundamentally it's an issue of goodwill -- DE do good for us, we do good for them.

well said , and end of the day it's about getting players through this transition and adding legendary cores   would  stop alot of the hassle of retooling 20 frames  

as a  max rank player i have 166  forma ,  i don't really care if they give me back  more forma ; i care about the retooling time  that this change will bring  

and  i also see it , as an  issue of goodwill -- DE do good for us, we do good for them.

Edited by Ravel7

But Op stated that its fair ,then of course it has to do with it. And yes DE technically doesn't owe you anything, so asking for more becasue its fair, is not right either as people only really want a grind skip for the future stuff.

Did someone asked for legendary core to appear and arcane helmets to be tradable in the first place? no.

If DE have plans giving it, they willll give it, not that by giving it because it is just and fair for some few.

Edited by CrystalRibbon

I don't see why this is such a hot topic anyway. Unless you have at least three ability slots forma'd to a different polarity on your Warframe, you won't be receiving a single forma for it.

How many people have Warframes with formas on 75% of their ability slots? Next to none.

Can DE confirm this?

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/325551-warframe-ability-mods-coming-changes/

I don't give a S#&$ about DE giving back the forma that I used... It's the time that I want back. Forma S#&$ in warframe is worse than going to work, at least I use my brain for work, forma stuff is just a waste of time... 

However, all you have to do is move the polarity slots to the inside, since the top left and right slots will be removed. 

However, all you have to do is move the polarity slots to the inside, since the top left and right slots will be removed. 

This is false.

If you have one or two abilities forma'd then the polarities are copied to blank slots. Unless you have three abilities forma'd, you won't be losing a polarity and therefore won't be getting a forma when Update 15 hits.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/325551-warframe-ability-mods-coming-changes/

Edited by JohnProdman

So you got to download the game. For free.

You got to play the game. For free.

After the change you will still be able to play the game. For free.

Yet now you want DE to reimburse you for the time that you spent playing their game. For free?

Guys, you`re not getting anything legendary, no matter how hard you whine. Legendary cores were an excuse, because DE made a mistake with Steel Charge aura and refunded it VERY generously. Now you just want to rip them off, by asking tradeable legendary formas only because game mechanics is changing. 

No, you wont get it. Deal with it.

Edited by Vicious_D

I don't see why this is such a hot topic anyway. Unless you have at least three ability slots forma'd to a different polarity on your Warframe, you won't be receiving a single forma for it.

How many people have Warframes with formas on 75% of their ability slots? Next to none.

Ok I dug around a bit and this says it:

Which 2 slots are being removed?

The slots being removed depends on where your Ability Polarities are located. For example, if you have swapped your Top Left default Ability Polarity slot somewhere in the middle of the Mod slot Layout, the position of your current Ability Polarity Slot is the one that will be removed.

---

So moving around mod slots is pointless.

Edited by VanLyrr

why not , plz give me your reason instead of being a bunch of monkeys and repeat what other people said, I am giving a feedback if you don't like. Say why not .If you are just here to cry . Then plz leave . Every time I see a person giving a feedback there is always people like you that are whining without actually being isefull . So plz jus t stop

Hmmmm

Im on the fence for this

The best thing DE could do is have players rearrange thier polarities so the two on the farthest right are the ones that go

People will likely use the legendary forma on something other than the intended frame

Hmmmm

Im on the fence for this

The best thing DE could do is have players rearrange thier polarities so the two on the farthest right are the ones that go

People will likely use the legendary forma on something other than the intended frame

not again...why cant we be contented with the DEs reponse?  Is it just wanting more stuff thus the feel of being entitled?

No, it's people wanting to be back where they were in terms of build customization, without having to put in effort they already put in a second time.

If this "legendary forma" will change the polarity without needing us to level it again, it can be easily exploited/abused.

Fine, it cant be traded but can you still do some exploitable things to do with it, like, using it on a different warframes/weapons instead on the supposed warframe to be used on which is an abuse of the system if you ask me, thus making it a bad idea.

They could use normal Forma as well, in either case using the normal or the suggested special compensation Forma would require the same effort to put it on the original frame as putting it on another 'cause 30=30 and 0=0 individually.

Would you suggest the frames themselves being altered so they don't derank on the next one or two Forma used on them instead?  That would alleviate that concern, right?  I won't lose anything in the change so I don't really have a personal preference for the method used, but what do you think of that suggestion?

I've ranked weapons and warframes (without using an affinity booster mind you) from zero to 30 in under an hour and a half. Pretty sure that just giving us back the forma is good enough. 

Hypothetical question: If all your frames were deranked to 0 right now, would you be fine with that?  Some people having specific methods to rank up quickly does not negate the fact that re-ranking will be needed for some if the player wants to get their frames back to where they were before in terms of customized slots.

Why create a new thread containing the same content that was all ready addressed by several others? Including one that is over 20 pages...In short...not likely to happen. Affinity booster?..maybe...

Lots of people want this, and you're just going to have to deal with the fact that enough people have strong enough feelings to make multiple threads discussing what they see as an issue and possible solutions.  You're free to not click and not read the contents of a thread if you don't want to see the conversation within it.

Edit: you are getting back what you put in, a 100% refund. I am not sure that most people give more than 100% refunds. there is nothing unfair about this.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Forma

Forma is not just a one-click polarize.  It has requirements and it changes the gear in more than just polarities.  It's not just instant polarizing, or people would be able to shove up to 8 polarities (depending) on gear in seconds and be OP.

No, no its not. It would be (arguably) unfair if we weren't even getting the forma back in the first place. DE really isn't even obligated to give it back to begin with. By playing the game you give DE the right to change the game as they see fit with or without telling you. Honestly I wouldn't look this gift horse in the mouth and just take the forma and get on with enjoying the update. 

DE's policy wasn't made by people with your mindset.  DE is well-known to compensate any time something is lost through not fault of the players, and they sometimes put in a little extra to make up for the loss.

Seriously the more DE gives the more entitled people feel.

[size=2](Or maybe not everybody's so used to being walked over with other companies that they think it's natural and the thought of consumer rights is foreign to them.)[/size]

DE actually gives a damn about player happiness, and that's part of what makes people like them so much.  Warframe is buggy as hell, development seems to sidetrack itself, and much-wanted features are delayed repeatedly.  However you rarely see people complain about this because of how easy it is to see that DE honestly cares and is trying.

There are plenty of times where they don't legally need to do something, but they do it anyways in order to be fair and provide proper logical (opposed to just system/direct) compensation.  Extending events due to downtime or perceived issues, gifting people a Kubrow kit (not a Kubrow rollback) if theirs died due to a bug, granting alert rewards if the alert was bugged and did not complete properly, etc.

You can not properly compensate someone for "time and effort"

Right now, with just normal Forma and no changes, if one or two polarities is removed, people will have to rank their gear up to rank 30 once or twice to get back to how it was before with the specific polarities they want.

The suggestion is to, either via a specific item or a flag/change to the frames, allow Forma to be applied once or twice without needing the ranking, if/as needed by that frame according to the changes.

So the suggestion is about stopping that from becoming an issue.  To stop people from needing to duplicate some of their effort, to prevent it from being in the first place so that the philosophical quandary of compensating for effort is sidestepped.

You just bit your tail there. Only two things are on this issue: the time to level up after foma'ing a equipment, and the forma itself.

Yet, you said the time is trivial and getting just the forma is unfair...

I am with the people saying getting the forma is good enough. I see no reason for anything else.

Being trivial to some people does not mean it's not an issue to others, or that the concern doesn't exist in the first place.

tell that to my 23 formas and 47 forma BP collecting dust in my liset :P

getting forma is easy just takes some time to build them and sometimes it can be a pain to get the mats...

Yeah I've built every clantech, and have 18 Forma prebuilt sitting in my inventory for future use (more Clantech or manual polarization for new build ideas after the U15 changes).  Turns out T2S pops out Forma like nobody's business.

The way they are doing it this time seems great because you can re-forma your frame then go level up again on awesome new tilesets with new missions and a whole new play style. Essentialy it would be like your starting from scratch level 0 and everything.

I can definitely see that some people would enjoy this, but the issue is it being required to get back up to a previous level without players actively asking for it, not everybody would like that.  Some people use Forma and are more focused on the results of training than the training itself, so to speak.

Like, earlier in Warframe's history the option to reset your account existed.  Some people made use of it and enjoyed it.  But people would not enjoy having their accounts reset without asking for it.

Why are people arguing for more? What exactly entitles you to more than what is fair?

The idea that an uneven trade is fair is a dangerous idea.

There are a few reasons for the opposition of legendary forma. First of all, it makes no sense. It isn't that hard to level a warframe. Secondly, and in my mind more importantly, of DE DOES cave, then that line is crossed. It no longer exists. That is the president that hads been set and as such every time they do something like this people will say "well you did this last time, why don't I get that treatment?" Fundamentally it is an issue of entitlement.

DE already does and has done this in multiple types of situations.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/266549-hotfix-1403/

If in the future people want more than what they're losing due to changes, it's easy to tell them "no stop being greedy".

I say no, some people will then just use those formas on other things instead of warframes.I dont really like the idea of that.

What if the affected frames were flagged to not lose ranks on the next one or two Forma (depending on the case) used on them?

by asking tradeable legendary formas

Was this post spliced in from a different thread that had removed posts?  Nobody posted wanting them to be tradeable.

Here you go, do this, and stop worrying about having to play the game to level up your frame again *shudder*.

~

The video was made based on an earlier statement on the process that was retracted.

If you have 1 or 0 ability polarities and no empty slots, you'll still lose.

This makes it so that very small percent of the player base are likely to actually be affected negatively by these changes, thankfully.  Most people here are discussing based on

Hypothetical question: If all your frames were deranked to 0 right now, would you be fine with that?  Some people having specific methods to rank up quickly does not negate the fact that re-ranking will be needed for some if the player wants to get their frames back to where they were before in terms of customized slots.

I wouldn't mind at all. Not even the slightest. I enjoy ranking things. It would give me something to do. Take up a few hours of my time. I've been tempted to forma my gear just to have something to level again. 

No, it's people wanting to be back where they were in terms of build customization, without having to put in effort they already put in a second time.

They could use normal Forma as well, in either case using the normal or the suggested special compensation Forma would require the same effort to put it on the original frame as putting it on another 'cause 30=30 and 0=0 individually.

Would you suggest the frames themselves being altered so they don't derank on the next one or two Forma used on them instead?  That would alleviate that concern, right?  I won't lose anything in the change so I don't really have a personal preference for the method used, but what do you think of that suggestion?

Again as i stated many times, DE did not mention that youll have to relevel your warframe or loose your progress thus wasting your effort. That statement are for the worst case scenario that someone formad ALL 10 of thier slots loosing only 1-2 converted ability slot after the update.

as for that suggestion its a nice solution too, and it would probly aim for people who formad those ability slots, its nice to have someone else suggested an alternative rather than sticking to "giving legendary forma is the only way"

Edited by CrystalRibbon

and the response from de

Again , as i said , you'll only gonna loose 2 ability slots. How many slots are there in a warframe 10,8 after update? how many times youd forma your warframe 3-4? youd still have around 4 more room to put forma on. Reassign your forma slot maybe?

It is, as the changes only affect the Warframes, not other stuff. Look at this way, if that is going to happen, people here will madly forma their waframes that they didnt care about just to the get that legendary forma and use that on the on weapons they want then sell those unwanted warframes again because of wasted slot.

The effort that your saying is spend on the warframes not on others, and how is it wasted if you dont lose much stuff as De stated?

On the response of De, youre still not satisfied? and why?

Read what I said in full, or stop responding. You don't need to constantly repeat the bolded bit because I ALREADY KNOW.

You aren't telling me anything I don't already know, and you're actually going so far as to stupidly act like players taking legendary forma (which they had to earn by putting forth double the effort that goes in to using two normal forma) and using them on other frames/weapons is some how going to equate to abuse of the system. It doesn't. As I've already explained, that player is actually losing out on effort spent as the only way you're getting legendary forma is if you have already forma'd three of your ability slots. Doing that will get you ONE legendary forma.

Refunding us regular forma means we're losing time spent. As the time spent to level to thirty so we could use the previous forma isn't being refunded. Giving us a booster doesn't refund this time it just lessens the amount of time we have to apply to use those forma. Legendary forma would allow us to replace the lost polarity(ies) without having to also go through the effort of releveling our stuff.

Stop asking people why they're not satisfied with DE's response. If you can't figure that out from just reading their posts (wherein they state exactly why) you aren't going to figure it out when we repeat ourselves to you. You want to know why? Read our posts.