Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Have To Say, Limbo Has Some Swag

R34LM

The day that ninjas died.

The game IS called WARframe. I think it's time to just call the Tennos simply warriors.

This is the last nail in the coffin, fairy frame and pirate frame started digging that grave but this....

You know what? Freaking Mirage is following this magician theme,too. It looks like some one over at DE must've been watching some magic show and just thrown that into the game. Did not one over there catch that? Mirage and Top Hat frame here are actually the female and male version of the same theme.

There was something about male/females version for the frames right? If so, maybe limbo's design was completely intentional. Also we haven't even seen what abilities he has yet, so he could fit the void sorcerer through his abilities if not his appearance. I really like the top hat (but a hood would be awesome too as long as no one remembers nekros).

Edited by Vantz

Vauban has what it appears to you as a train face.

Warframes are part machine so a fan is fine.

And ninjas dont use hoodies, right? Or Japanese armor never had demon faces on the face plates, right?

What's the excuse of a top hat?

DE, i think Steve said that they have not run out of ideas when it comes to frames and i think they have. If you cant pull out something ninja-like at this point you dont have any more ideas. I means Naruto has hundreds of issues and they still pull out ninja-theme crap... how can you not? And this isnt even just Naruto, there are still ninja-theme shows out there coming out with different twists to the theme.

At this point Warframe is becoming a power rangers type of a thing. Each show it's just a random theme that they can make cool toys about.

1.) It is quite clearly a train. His beard is a train. It's not up for debate.

2.) If a fan for a cranium is fine then why not a hat that is clearly also made of machinery? Neither follow anything resembling logic. Very little of the frame designs in general  follow anything resembling logic. Trinity's Lobster tail? Rhino's giant spikey penis? These are OK to you but a hat isn't.

3.) Except Nekros doesnt resemble a japanese faceplate or armor at all. He is meant to look like a necromancer. Hence his name. Hence his design. Hence why he looks like a skeleton wearing a robe and hoodie. There is nothing on him that even remotely appears ninja or samurai themed. Why does he get a pass but a top hat does not?

4.) Naruto is one of the worst animated series every conceived and the fact you even brought it up is laughable. There is nothing even remotely ninja-like about any of the characters in naruto. The bright colors, headbands, made-up-kungfu, cheap animation that traces other superior anime, and ridiculous magic powers make it even less ninja than anything in Warframe. It is an embarassing tv show. It is ninja in name only.

It is shocking to me you can even bring it up without feeling shame. Only kids watch that awful cartoon. It is worse than Bleach.

More proof that the people getting uppity about this change are children who are scared of change.

You are a child and you have no argument to back up your "BAWWW TOP HATS R NOT NINJA" angst outside of referencing an awful japanese cartoon.

Please get some taste.

1.) It is quite clearly a train. His beard is a train. It's not up for debate.

It's a helmet. It doesnt scream some sort of fashion statement.

2.) If a fan for a cranium is fine then why not a hat that is clearly also made of machinery? Neither follow anything resembling logic. Very little of the frame designs in general  follow anything resembling logic. Trinity's Lobster tail? Rhino's giant spikey penis? These are OK to you but a hat isn't.

This the original Frost prime.

u36vDgC.jpg

If some one decided to put a fan on top of that thousands of years in the future..... it's still follows the original Frost prime theme. Exaggerated pieces of armor does not change the whole theme it just enhances certain aspects for a more unique look..... and then there's a freaking top hat. 

3.) Except Nekros doesnt resemble a japanese faceplate or armor at all. He is meant to look like a necromancer. Hence his name. Hence his design. Hence why he looks like a skeleton wearing a robe and hoodie. There is nothing on him that even remotely appears ninja or samurai themed. Why does he get a pass but a top hat does not?

Of course it doesnt resemble  that piece of armor but because it's not trying to directly imitate it, it's just following a theme. By the way, there are stories of magicians that can summon and control demons in Japan, too. This isnt just unique to one region of the planet.

Look at these crazy helmets.

4.) Naruto is one of the worst animated series every conceived and the fact you even brought it up is laughable. There is nothing even remotely ninja-like about any of the characters in naruto. The bright colors, headbands, made-up-kungfu, cheap animation that traces other superior anime, and ridiculous magic powers make it even less ninja than anything in Warframe. It is an embarassing tv show. It is ninja in name only.

So you are one of those people that think ninjas were running around wearing black all the time?

Cause they werent, they actually blended in with the populations. They blended in with the population so much that certain clothing was made illegal because Ninjas were using them to be ignored.

As for magic powers not being ninja, here is some info that you should read

It is shocking to me you can even bring it up without feeling shame. Only kids watch that awful cartoon. It is worse than Bleach.

More proof that the people getting uppity about this change are children who are scared of change.

You are a child and you have no argument to back up your "BAWWW TOP HATS R NOT NINJA" angst outside of referencing an awful japanese cartoon.

Please get some taste.

"I mean, Naruto has hundreds of issues and they still pull out ninja-theme crap."

Edited by Mak_Gohae

Because Vauban having a train for a face, Frost having an oscillating fan for a head, and Nekros having a skull face and hoodie are totally ok right guys?

Because you're all not just panicking because you're stupid children, right? RIGHT GUYS?

#hashtagsareidiotic

but those all look natural not only too the frame but also make sense in the universe the frames in.

and in those examples you gave those are characteristics we applied too the machine,clown vauban wasn't made too be a clown,ember wasn't made too be a chicken,and those legwarmers on nova aren't meant too be legwarmers.

so the key difference between those and the top hat is that the top was made too be a top hat.

and it ends up just not feeling like a warframe in warframe,but like a new league of legends skin.

which is fine and all,but you can start too see why people would be upset about it.

Edited by LostCody

I fear we will end up with murlocks and mr. t's  MohicanGrenaids in the television ads that finally kicked me out of playing games like WOW any more ... i just couldnt stand to play such an extremely immature game concept ... warframe is still borderlining it but i have a feeling its tipping slowly over ...

i sincerely couldnt care anymore if WOW had a badass story ... seeing chuck norris and mr.t making ads on my television it was OVER permanently ... my level 20 bloodelf will never advance till the end of the universe thanks to extreme immature game concepts like hand grenaids that change your haircut to racial stereotypes ones!!!

im not 9 years old ... maybe they want to reach the little kiddies .. then im fine with it like in WOW which was full of them ... but please dont ruin a pretty mature and bloodthirsty setup with children favourites like: pirats,clowns,magicians,teddybears,unicorn frames and applepie weapons with cupcake sentinels it will kill all my interest in this game!

Edited by Severuslanskerr

A top hat on Limbo is a stereotype, so is the half-color thing with Mirage, the pistol-udder-things on Hydroid, the wings and long helmet on Zephyr, the tabard on Oberon, the claws and restraints for Valkyr, the unnatural thinness of Nekros, etc. It helps portray their theme. I'm not entirely sure where this argument of Warframe slipping into immaturity is coming from... *remembers Cryotic Front finishing message* Oh, right.

I assumed they were kidding about the top-hat during the devstream. I'm kind of disappointed they weren't. Its a bit too campy for such a super soldier space ninja game. I feel like this game is slowly slipping into the current trend of games today to be silly far beyond the scope of their theme and other content. 

This game has one Ninja, fourteen Super Soldiers, an enraged Chick, a Goat, a Harlequin, a walking Supernova, and a Titanium Boulder. All as playable characters, yet the one guy with a top hat bothers you? Oh also, for now, not a single one could survive out in open space. So, the title of "space ninja"* game will not be ruined by one dude with a top hat. 

*does DE even call this game that anymore?

----

edit: Oh, I forgot, Yay for new top hat frame :D

Edited by Vitalidad

Warframe should be renamed to Magicframe.

I believe the Devstream talked about this warframe being obtainable via quest and that has me very interested, because I can't wait to hear the lore they pull out for this one.

Maybe the lore will be something like... Limbo was a slave warframe who was forced to perform at Orokin birthday parties for their amusement. Then one day, during an attack, Limbo proved himself to be valuable in combat. Then the Orokin were like, "Limbo with your magic so bright, won't you win this war tonight?" Then all the warframes loved him, and they danced around in glee. Limbo the magic warframe, you'll go down in history.

I believe the Devstream talked about this warframe being obtainable via quest and that has me very interested, because I can't wait to hear the lore they pull out for this one.

Maybe the lore will be something like... Limbo was a slave warframe who was forced to perform at Orokin birthday parties for their amusement. Then one day, during an attack, Limbo proved himself to be valuable in combat. Then the Orokin were like, "Limbo with your magic so bright, won't you win this war tonight?" Then all the warframes loved him, and they danced around in glee. Limbo the magic warframe, you'll go down in history.

^ I love this!

You sir have made my day.

One can look at the 'Frame's design a couple of ways:

1. The dev's are losing perspective. They're not taking their own game seriously enough.

2. The dev's are running out of creative juice for new 'Frame designs and are grasping at straws.

2. The dev's are trying something fresh, creative, unexpected and think outside the box.

I'm leaning toward #3 personally.

As far as lore is concerned, I can easily see this 'Frame as having been designed by someone with decent knowledge of pre-Orokin history (and an appreciation for some Old Earth traditions and customs) and a warped sense of humor.

Yes that joke was intentional.

On this sad day, this is the only lulz I have found. Thank you.

A top hat on Limbo is a stereotype, so is the half-color thing with Mirage, the pistol-udder-things on Hydroid, the wings and long helmet on Zephyr, the tabard on Oberon, the claws and restraints for Valkyr, the unnatural thinness of Nekros, etc. It helps portray their theme. I'm not entirely sure where this argument of Warframe slipping into immaturity is coming from... *remembers Cryotic Front finishing message* Oh, right.

two different styles of conveying a theme.

the ones you listed feel very organic and make sense for the frame it's on.

and as far as the void magician goes instead of being subtle or implying at what the theme is like with the others frames it's literally a top hat on a machine,which is fine but it looks out of place when compared too the other frames not too mention how goofy it is in the universe which warframe takes place.

also,just too put it out there,i like the look of the frame,just the hat that makes it look goofy and out of place.

and slipping into immaturity?what?

Edited by LostCody

If the top hat has a mechanical reason for existence it would make sense. He uses it to deploy void power in some unique fashion. 

Which would make a lot of sense actually. It seems relatively rare for a frame to create its power external to itself. It creates the ability in its immediate area and then expels it outward in a large number of cases. So the top hat, much like Vauban's grenades, is a way to deploy an ability. 

Edited by LukeAura

I assumed they were kidding about the top-hat during the devstream. I'm kind of disappointed they weren't. Its a bit too campy for such a super soldier space ninja game. I feel like this game is slowly slipping into the current trend of games today to be silly far beyond the scope of their theme and other content. 

So Saryn and her floof collar and high-heels isn't "campy"?

Or how about Ember and her MC Hammer pants? Dat flaming mohawk is pretty damn out there too.

Or even Frost and his huge trenchcoat with the Eastern stylistic markings?

How about Loki and that enormous @$$ hammerhead of his?

Rhino and his stupidly over-bulkiness?

Vauban and his huge beard? One of his alt helmets gives him a weird looking beanie too.

Hydroid and his dreadlocks? He's also a pirate.

Nova and her cracked ceramic doll look?

Mag and her "Universe" visor.

Banshee and her, well..her whole entire frame.

Nekros and his mix of zombie/geth appearance.

Nyx and her increasingly zany helms

Oberon and his antlers/satyr appearance.

Trinity and her "lobster tail"

Valkyr and all dat high tech BDSM. Her alt helm makes her look feline.

Volt's huge @$$ eyeball alt helm.

Face it - all the warframes have their own look and their own feel. Hell, in all truth, Limbo here looks the least "tacky" out of all the warframes. Seeing as his tophat will be in all his alt helms, we can easily deduce that it's part of his ability set as well. But really, the bottom line is this: if you don't like it, don't get it. And if you're going to base all your disapproval on the fact that he has a damn top hat, then perhaps DE/the rest of this community isn't the ones being "Silly".

Edited by SoulEchelon