Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hail Finesse - Limbo: A True Tactician

Tellakey

He's usefull with a specialized loadout in very few situations. But more often his abilities will get in the way.

His first ability immobilizes a mob but you also can no longer kill it as long as its under effect.

2nd ability is good for escape and can help reviving a fallen ally but it stops you from doing anything else (killing mobs).

3rd ability is meh, better to use Rhino roar.

Ultimate does little damage and you can only shoot mobs from the inside. And the way the sphere shrinks is annoying. I guess it can be usefull when protecting an objective like a pod but you might as well use Frosts globe.

So he can be usefull but its very situational. And why use him when there are frames that can do way better. Thats how I feel about Limbo.

his 1 immobilizes any enemy as many as he wants, it also removes aura effects like toxics and parasitics. That means people in real space will not be affected by negative or positive effects. Shield drones, mind controlled ancient healer etc. Only those in the rift will.

his 2 his a great escape tool and is his primary ability to use that combos with his 1. Able to place him in a rift and target big threats like oh idk mini bosses aura carries stuff that wipes a team, his 2 allows him to go mana e mano with that mob and if he needs help slaps a teammate in and they both start targeting big bosses.

his 3 is a buff to himself only, if his dmg gets too low pop it

his 4 is weird atm but run his 4 with a penta and you have control over a large area if comboed with your 2 and 3.

This is but 1 of many uses that ive found for him and i love it. Granted his riftwalk is weird at first and its too shady i can barely see who im targeting. But his job is that of a threat priority to protect his team from the big threats thatd normally wipe you. Sanguine aura carriers for one.

his 1 immobilizes any enemy as many as he wants, it also removes aura effects like toxics and parasitics. That means people in real space will not be affected by negative or positive effects. Shield drones, mind controlled ancient healer etc. Only those in the rift will.

his 2 his a great escape tool and is his primary ability to use that combos with his 1. Able to place him in a rift and target big threats like oh idk mini bosses aura carries stuff that wipes a team, his 2 allows him to go mana e mano with that mob and if he needs help slaps a teammate in and they both start targeting big bosses.

his 3 is a buff to himself only, if his dmg gets too low pop it

his 4 is weird atm but run his 4 with a penta and you have control over a large area if comboed with your 2 and 3.

This is but 1 of many uses that ive found for him and i love it. Granted his riftwalk is weird at first and its too shady i can barely see who im targeting. But his job is that of a threat priority to protect his team from the big threats thatd normally wipe you. Sanguine aura carriers for one.

Ability one is a primary tool to make use of Limbo's potential without using an ultimate. Damage + Protection (for allies\from an enemy) + Heal (with mod).

Ability two comes into coordination with all the other abilites but it has its own uses too: Self Protection + Tanking (not sure if enemies notice you) + Afk Tool xD

Ability three is just a waste in my opinion. In the end of the day you can one hit most high level enemies with the right mods.

Ability four is just a casual ultimate with the twist of creating a detached plane, which is a nice touch. Could be better but still is useful in a way.

Just for the record, Kubbi, all frames are situational and most are hardly tennable (get it? Tenno-tennable lolol) without mods, so saying that with the right mods Limbo could be of use really delivers nothing.

Imo Limbo is currently the worst warframe out there. He looks cool and thats it. I maxed him and found that none of his abilities are in any way usefull in a group. They're annoying actually. I say he needs a rework or his abilities need to be adjusted.

Agree, still waiting a day when they made usefull warframe like Vauban or Frost

Ok, just so I got that right, several months ago DE nerfed Frost and now they released a Warframe that kind of uses the old frost bubble but BETTER?! Warframe is becoming better and better by the day!

Totally not sarcastic! /sarcasm off

Ok, just so I got that right, several months ago DE nerfed Frost and now they released a Warframe that kind of uses the old frost bubble but BETTER?! Warframe is becoming better and better by the day!

Totally not sarcastic! /sarcasm off

Actually, no.

For starters, the bubble shrinks as time goes on.

For seconds, As far as i'm aware, Extractors and cryopods aren't affected by the rift.

For thirds, you can't shoot out of it, as being inside of it counts as being in the rift plane, ergo you are unable to harm anyone outside of the bubble when you're in it.

Limbo's ulti and Snow Globe serve completely different purposes. Limbo's ulti is better used at shutting down a pocket of enemies plinking at the extractor or objective from cover.

Jack of All Trades, Master of None.

I haven't played him yet, but the more I hear people talk about him the more concerned I am that his ability kit was a touch TOO ambitious.

Jack of all trades, master of none,

Certainly better than a master of one
Edited by gir240

Limbo is like Hydroid all over again.  Honestly the two planes idea is fun but it literally slows down the time to kill.  How?  Well, enemies or allies in the real world cannot damage those in the Rift, and vice versa.  So now instead of having 4 allies all damaging the same enemies, you have 1 in the Rift fighting a few, or have everyone in the Rift only killing the enemies that are either inside Cataclysm's area or are Banished individually.  I'm sorry but Molecular Prime alone has a better effect.

Again, I think his concept is great but unless there is an advantage to being in the Rift besides just energy regeneration, then you might as well pick abilities that can actually win a fight by themselves.  Banish is a weak version of Mind Control.  Rift Walk is comparable to Invisibility, Smoke Bomb and Hysteria, just without being able to damage enemies unless you Banish them first.  Rift Surge is a selfish Roar or Molecular Prime, and Cataclysm has all the drawbacks of Fire Blast where enemies flee the area in an attempt to protect like Snow Globe except enemies deal full damage anyway.

Seriously, why would I want to ever fight in the Rift?  To abandon my team and allow me to kill enemies one at a time?  I will admit that Cataclysm does have some interesting mechanics but again it would just be faster to cast Molecular Prime or Radial Disarm as a means to shut down the area anyway.  Hopefully I'm wrong and Limbo is amazing but I fear he is just like Hydroid and won't see much serious use since he actually harms a team's time-to-kill.

Like some mentioned, when you have Frost for Defenses or Rhino/Zephyr for Survivals...

I was expecting him to Phasewalk, but at least in an usefull way.

Not to mention that Im not even sure if he's weaker than Nova... wich at least devastates...

To my knowledge Limbo is the ultimate troll frame since he can always banish his team members to the rift then phase walk himself enabling him to leave his team unable to protect any defense objective, nor be able to pick up any items.

While some have reported that damage abilities still let you deal damage while you are banished at high enough waves your damage abilities wont even scratch the mobs.

His #1 could banish an enemy to another plane... or you can just blow their head off with your weapon.

His #2 is really the only team useful skill since it lets him revive people without fear of stray shots killing him.

His #3 only has an effect on whats in the rift so... useless.

His #4 either hurts your team's ability to defend, since the cryopod cannot enter the rift so enemies shooting at it will still hurt it while whatever is inside is unable to hurt whats outside, or enemies walk right out of it. As it has nothing to contain enemies within the rift.

To be frank, his abilities have greater uses in dark sector conflicts, since he can banish defending players to the rift so that his team can destroy the defense objectives without any danger. He can also revive without any fear thanks to his #2 if needed. Unless he banished people to the rift.

To my knowledge Limbo is the ultimate troll frame since he can always banish his team members to the rift then phase walk himself enabling him to leave his team unable to protect any defense objective, nor be able to pick up any items.

While some have reported that damage abilities still let you deal damage while you are banished at high enough waves your damage abilities wont even scratch the mobs.

His #1 could banish an enemy to another plane... or you can just blow their head off with your weapon.

His #2 is really the only team useful skill since it lets him revive people without fear of stray shots killing him.

His #3 only has an effect on whats in the rift so... useless.

His #4 either hurts your team's ability to defend, since the cryopod cannot enter the rift so enemies shooting at it will still hurt it while whatever is inside is unable to hurt whats outside, or enemies walk right out of it. As it has nothing to contain enemies within the rift.

To be frank, his abilities have greater uses in dark sector conflicts, since he can banish defending players to the rift so that his team can destroy the defense objectives without any danger. He can also revive without any fear thanks to his #2 if needed. Unless he banished people to the rift.

He's actually incredibly good at singling out heavier enemies to deal with one at a time, so if you're a solo player, Limbo will be very potent.

As for his ulti, it's weird, but i've found some use in using it on chokepoints or around where enemies are gathering and firing from to shut them down and kill them if they're daft enough to stay where they are.

Jack of all trades, master of none,

Certainly better than a master of one

Not even close. The only thing he is good at is soloing. Otherwise he just gets in the way during team gameplay. At worst he actually removes a players from the battle making them useless.

Why banish an enemy when you can just shoot and kill it?

Master of none... 

Anyway, as I said before to all of you who think Limbo is useful for certain situations only: ALL frames are so. To tell the truth you can finish most mission without even using your abilities on any frame. The whole rift function COULD be used for CERTAIN situations, no kidding? Well you SHOULD use it for certain situations. It's not like everytime we run a mission we're gonna spam our abilities without end (save for Ironskin, which even THAT often proves superfluous). In the same sense we are not going to use Limbo's rift on every single target just for kicks, at least not most of the time. What's fun with abilities, especially in RPGs is that you reserve them for when hell brakes loose, when they are needed. It gives a feeling of power and satisfaction to specilize for a special case of a pinch. What's the difference with Limbo? You can rift your teammates to regenerate, banish a tough enemy for a break, rift yourself to tank\revive teammates when Vor rocks the battlefield, vortex to create a nice bubble mode to change the tide or flow of the fight, overall just damage stuff. So many functions for different situations. Plus, some things are yet to be discovered.

In my short time with him so far, its been a ton of fun. Choosing who to send away ally or enemy has so many uses. What I am curious about though is, does the void count as the same for everyone, as in, should I send a foe to to void and then go myself and another Limbo goes to the void as well with their own power, do they get to hit the enemy under my effect? If yes, and I would imagine that is the case, even with just one Limbo(although not as efficient) you could just put a boss and all the team in the void and adds could do nothing to harm you all.