Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can I Fight For A Syndicate Without A Huge Ugly Sigil On Me?

KarmicRex

I don´t like it. Shouldn´t be hard to make this an option. For those who had fun and payed a lot of plat in colour schemes to have a cool looking warframe...It just feel bad. 

I already reduced to minimum size and all those things, but i think it still boring to be forced to use this things.

I shrunk it and put it down in the small of my back, and changed the color to match my Warframe colors there.  It actually does a good job of hiding it on most frames.

I wouldn't mind being able to use it on my shoulders instead of my Clan or Event Emblem tho.

Edited by Gelkor

I wouldn't mind the sigils if they actually had a larger range for size and position, and not just the tiny cubicle ariund the chest and back. The fact that the color is a completely different contrast to my Warframe colors only makes it even harder to get anything reasonable done that fits.

At least with New Loka I can slap it to the left side of the chest and pretend it's a heart. It could still be smaller though.

Edited by NikodemosTheMan

very good thread. sometimes i can't believe that the devs don't realize that something like this would &!$$ people off. although since you can hide them basically it's just an inconvenience.... but still. unnecessary.

It is necessary. When you fight with the sigil of a syndicate, you are representing them. Your allies see that sigil, and you gain some reputation with them. When neutral syndicates see your sigil, they couldn't care less. When you enemies see you representing the sigil of their enemy, you lose reputation with them to the point where you will be hunted. It absolutely makes sense and is necessary. If you don't want to wear a sigil to represent your chosen syndicate, then don't bother choosing a syndicate at all. Because to say "I don't want to wear that stupid sigil" is to say "I want what you're offering, but I don't want to represent you".

Edited by AntoineFlemming

Better yet, allow to move with more flexibility. I tried putting a tramp stamp on my nova, yet it's not allowing me to do this! I DEMAND a tramp stamp on my nova dammit!

I was disappointed with that as well.  Y offset isn't long enough to allow proper tramp stamps.

I wouldn't mind the sigils if they actually had a larger range for size and position, and not just the tiny cubicle ariund the chest and back. The fact that the color is a completely different contrast to my Warframe colors only makes it even harder to get anything reasonable done that fits.

At least with New Loka I can slap it to the left side of the chest and pretend it's a heart. It could still be smaller though.

Yeah, I gave that idea some thought as well. I think it is not as simple as it sounds because of the way the texture maps were built. The sigils appear to be basically images that get added on top of the warframe texture maps. So when you move the sigil in-game, you're moving that small image on top of the big warframe texture. The problem (I assume) is that if you hit an edge of the texture with the sigil, it creates severe visual problems. The artists might have limited the sliders to keep us from causing these texture glitches by moving the sigils too far.

Still, it might be possible to add other sigil zones aside from "chest" and "back". Maybe arms, legs could also be set to receive sigils. But that's a question only the art team would be able to answer. That said, making them smaller wouldn't cause any problems as far as I know. This was likely a decision they made based on the whole syndicate mechanic. You wear sigils so that they are noticeable and therefore you gain renown. Like propaganda, perhaps. So making them smaller would work against that mechanic. But anyway, I understand what you mean.

Celaphon Suda sigil is enormous, i tried to hide it on my little Ember all the ways i could think. Red Veil sigil for example is easy to hide, but others are very big.

Aww, why would you wanna hide it? Looks pretty sweet to me :c It's actually my favorite looking base sigil of all the Syndicates.